Northrop Grumman

Relevance Date Difficulty

College Technical Intern Interview

College Technical Intern
Clearfield, UT

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in March 2012.

Interview Details – I had one interview with a panel of five interviewers. They asked the typical expected behavioral questions--"Tell me about a time when you had a difficult problem..., Tell me about a time when you had leadership..., etc. They asked me about relevant coursework and time management. The interview lasted about 40 minutes. The interviewers were congenial and engaged. They took notes throughout and gave me a schedule of when to expect to hear back about the position--whether yea or nay.

Interview Question – The questions were as expected: behavioral questions in regards to teaming, leadership, time management; and questions relevant to the statistical position such as coursework and analytical skills.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Got a phone call to schedule an interview. One 30 minute phone call. Simple behavioral questions. Also questions about the company. Heard back 3 weeks later that I got the offer.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Art and Marketing Director Interview

Art and Marketing Director
Fairfax, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in October 2011.

Interview Details – I interviewed 3 times without feeling overwhelmed. My interviewers were thorough, answered all of my questions without hesitation and made me feel at home. My salary requirements were met and I was assured that they would be due to my experience level and body of work.

Interview Question – Off of the information that you have been given so far from the client... Can you give me a quick marketing strategy you may implement for the brand if granted the position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation I submitted my salary and they accepted saying that my offer was fair and within reason.

Computer Specialist Interview

Computer Specialist
Yorktown, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in December 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process was very relaxed with emphasis on LOK. Experience in field of employment. Navy experience. Level of education and fields. Emphasis also based on hands on experience with electrical and mechanical systems utilized in the field I was applying for. Overall, great experience.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years with our organization?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – One single panel interview.

College Technical Intern Interview

College Technical Intern

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in May 2014.

Interview Details – Contacted for an interview about 4 weeks after applying online. Interview was over the phone with 3 NG employees: a manager and two engineers. The interview was very conversational and comfortable - just asking questions about my resume, previous projects/internship, etc. No technical questions really, just asking what technical skills I had and how I used them to solve various projects.

Interview Question – Nothing weird, just typical "tell me about yourself" stuff   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

PDK Interview

PDK

Interviewed at Northrop Grumman

Interview Details – Recruiters contacted me and discussed matching skills. Arranged for manager's phone interviews as usual. Soon after, on-site interviews were set up. Interviews are similar to other companies' except the group presentation and Q&A. Everyone was really nice and professional. All front to back PV/PDK and IC designs and devices questions were asked. All are very interesting. HR, team members, and everybody involved are pleasant, but of course professional.

Interview Question – Some unexpected IC design questions came up, but I was ok since I did MS IC designs, I did well on them, but I did not expect circuit design questions in the interviews.   Answer Question

Software Engineer III Interview

Software Engineer III
McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in September 2010.

Interview Details – I applied for the job and got a call from the hiring manager directly. I was surprised that HR didnt call. A 30 minute phone interview happened in a few days time. The interviewer focussed on core java/j2ee based questions. There were some spring/hibernate questions as well which could be found online. I was called for an onsite interview in a few days and had similar technical round. The met the Program manager, who gave overview of the project and expectation.
They also wanted other team members opinion and so I was asked to attend one more phone interview. This time the technical questions were more detailed and was at the level of syntax. Again, you can find these questions frequently asked in interviews and could be found online.

Interview Question – I dont think there were any difficult questions asked   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had other offers, but gave them up for Northrop due to the company's reputation as a defense contractor. I also accepted a lower salary and called up the HR person and agreed to their offer even though it was 10k less than my demand. I could have probably waited for a few more days to HR to return with more concrete analysis.

Project Manager I Interview

Project Manager I
Chester, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in April 2014.

Interview Details – The entire process ran very smoothly. When I applied for the job online, I received a response in less than an hour asking me specific questions. After I emailed my responses back to the NG recruiter, I received an on-site interview request within 2 days. I then came onsite and met with 3 members of the Project Management team. Although I was nervous during my interview, they did there best to make it feel really relaxing and stress-free. The questions they asked were about my experience, they wanted to give an introduction about myself, they asked me standard behavioral questions and then gave me the opportunity to ask them questions. I asked them about NG's culture, What makes them get up everyday to come to work and I also asked them what there expectations of me, as a potential employee would be. After the interview was over, I made sure to email Thank You letters to each person that was in the interview. I also sent a copy of my resume to a person who was unable to join us during the interview. Even after all that, I still felt like I hadn't given the best presentation of myself. But, later that day, I received emails from the NG recruiter asking for more detailed information and I was also asked to complete some forms. After all of that, the recruiter later told me to ease my mind because they were in the process of getting an offer packet together for me. Of course, nothing is set in stone until you get details and receive something in writing. To make a long story short, I did receive a formal offer letter and will begin working with the company soon. In this review I wanted to be as detailed as possible because I know how it feels to come on this website, craving for information and people only put two sentences. I hope this will help somebody and Good Luck :-)

Interview Question – There really weren't any difficult questions. They were typical behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation process. It was pretty much take it or leave, so i took it :-)

Senior Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Senior Mechanical Engineer I
El Segundo, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in March 2014.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview followed by in-person with 2 engineering managers. Friendly, professional discussion. Should have brought images of prior relevant work experience (images/drawings). No trick or difficult questions in my case, but I did have a friend referral. Turns out it really wasn't the best fit of goals for either party.

Interview Question – What has been your active role in the team process you're currently working with?   View Answer

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Quality Assurance Analyst

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview Details – This company cultures was presented both times in the in the two interviews before receiving the job. They displayed a lukewarm attitude represented by wavering questions about my credentials and work experiences however, both interviews were conducted professionally and proficiently.
I was given a chance to walk through the office and took a visual survey of the employees and they looked content and was talking to each other. I did feel like it was not a subdued place to work but I received the impression the people just put in their eight hours and go home.

Interview Question – Describe a decision you made that was unpopular, and how you handled implementing it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation was very a standard offer.