Northrop Grumman

395 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

College Technical Intern Interview

College Technical Intern

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in May 2014.

Interview Details – Contacted for an interview about 4 weeks after applying online. Interview was over the phone with 3 NG employees: a manager and two engineers. The interview was very conversational and comfortable - just asking questions about my resume, previous projects/internship, etc. No technical questions really, just asking what technical skills I had and how I used them to solve various projects.

Interview Question – Nothing weird, just typical "tell me about yourself" stuff   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Computer Specialist Interview

Computer Specialist
Yorktown, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in December 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process was very relaxed with emphasis on LOK. Experience in field of employment. Navy experience. Level of education and fields. Emphasis also based on hands on experience with electrical and mechanical systems utilized in the field I was applying for. Overall, great experience.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years with our organization?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – One single panel interview.

PDK Interview

PDK

Interviewed at Northrop Grumman

Interview Details – Recruiters contacted me and discussed matching skills. Arranged for manager's phone interviews as usual. Soon after, on-site interviews were set up. Interviews are similar to other companies' except the group presentation and Q&A. Everyone was really nice and professional. All front to back PV/PDK and IC designs and devices questions were asked. All are very interesting. HR, team members, and everybody involved are pleasant, but of course professional.

Interview Question – Some unexpected IC design questions came up, but I was ok since I did MS IC designs, I did well on them, but I did not expect circuit design questions in the interviews.   Answer Question

Software Engineer III Interview

Software Engineer III
McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in September 2010.

Interview Details – I applied for the job and got a call from the hiring manager directly. I was surprised that HR didnt call. A 30 minute phone interview happened in a few days time. The interviewer focussed on core java/j2ee based questions. There were some spring/hibernate questions as well which could be found online. I was called for an onsite interview in a few days and had similar technical round. The met the Program manager, who gave overview of the project and expectation.
They also wanted other team members opinion and so I was asked to attend one more phone interview. This time the technical questions were more detailed and was at the level of syntax. Again, you can find these questions frequently asked in interviews and could be found online.

Interview Question – I dont think there were any difficult questions asked   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had other offers, but gave them up for Northrop due to the company's reputation as a defense contractor. I also accepted a lower salary and called up the HR person and agreed to their offer even though it was 10k less than my demand. I could have probably waited for a few more days to HR to return with more concrete analysis.

Project Manager I Interview

Project Manager I
Chester, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in April 2014.

Interview Details – The entire process ran very smoothly. When I applied for the job online, I received a response in less than an hour asking me specific questions. After I emailed my responses back to the NG recruiter, I received an on-site interview request within 2 days. I then came onsite and met with 3 members of the Project Management team. Although I was nervous during my interview, they did there best to make it feel really relaxing and stress-free. The questions they asked were about my experience, they wanted to give an introduction about myself, they asked me standard behavioral questions and then gave me the opportunity to ask them questions. I asked them about NG's culture, What makes them get up everyday to come to work and I also asked them what there expectations of me, as a potential employee would be. After the interview was over, I made sure to email Thank You letters to each person that was in the interview. I also sent a copy of my resume to a person who was unable to join us during the interview. Even after all that, I still felt like I hadn't given the best presentation of myself. But, later that day, I received emails from the NG recruiter asking for more detailed information and I was also asked to complete some forms. After all of that, the recruiter later told me to ease my mind because they were in the process of getting an offer packet together for me. Of course, nothing is set in stone until you get details and receive something in writing. To make a long story short, I did receive a formal offer letter and will begin working with the company soon. In this review I wanted to be as detailed as possible because I know how it feels to come on this website, craving for information and people only put two sentences. I hope this will help somebody and Good Luck :-)

Interview Question – There really weren't any difficult questions. They were typical behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation process. It was pretty much take it or leave, so i took it :-)

Senior Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Senior Mechanical Engineer I
El Segundo, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in March 2014.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview followed by in-person with 2 engineering managers. Friendly, professional discussion. Should have brought images of prior relevant work experience (images/drawings). No trick or difficult questions in my case, but I did have a friend referral. Turns out it really wasn't the best fit of goals for either party.

Interview Question – What has been your active role in the team process you're currently working with?   View Answer

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Quality Assurance Analyst

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview Details – This company cultures was presented both times in the in the two interviews before receiving the job. They displayed a lukewarm attitude represented by wavering questions about my credentials and work experiences however, both interviews were conducted professionally and proficiently.
I was given a chance to walk through the office and took a visual survey of the employees and they looked content and was talking to each other. I did feel like it was not a subdued place to work but I received the impression the people just put in their eight hours and go home.

Interview Question – Describe a decision you made that was unpopular, and how you handled implementing it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation was very a standard offer.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Engineering Co-Op
Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in April 2014.

Interview Details – Very smooth easy process. Met recruiter at a student leadership conference, referred me to apply online. I applied online and was contacted a couple weeks later for an initial phone screen where I was asked very simple questions ("Why do you want to work at Northrop?" etc, nothing strictly behavioral/technical but more of a just get to know/chit-chat with you. Might have been a special case because I had met the recruiter a couple times personally). Was told to expect a hiring manager to contact me within 3-4 weeks, but didn't hear back until 10-12 weeks later. I let them know I had another offer on the table and was scheduled for a phone interview the next day with panel (well, 2 people). They were direct potential bosses and asked about my previous work experience (they were very interested in my undergrad research which was relevant). Dug deep into my research work asking questions about it, but there were no random unrelated technical questions. Asked one or two behavioral questions. Everyone was super friendly and really nice all-around.

Interview Question – What would you do if you have a project deadline coming up, and a team-mate (who is the only one with the skills to complete his portion) has repeatedly said he would have his part done by "next week" but several weeks have passed and he has not finished yet?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I attempted to negotiate slightly higher based on another offer I had. Director of Talent Acq. for my sector met with me personally on a school visit and explained to me that offer was non-negotiable but they really wanted me to come on-board. Offer was definitely a fair offer though. Everyone was very friendly all-around

Systems Engineer I Interview

Systems Engineer I
Azusa, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in April 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume and then was called for a phone screen that lasted about one hour. All of the questions were mostly behavioral and asked what technical skills you have and examples of technical projects you have done. The on-site interview had the same type of questions but more that were aimed at your people skills and how you solve through problems and what your interests are.

Interview Question – What is something about you that has nothing to do with the experiences on your resume. A positive attribute.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I wanted to work for another company more.

Software Developer Intern Interview

Software Developer Intern

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview Details – Phone interview with head of technical censorship.

Interview Question – Find out who is the owner of 1channel.com (currently vodly.to)   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Northrop Grumman