Northrop Grumman

Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager I Interview

Project Manager I
Chester, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in April 2014.

Interview Details – The entire process ran very smoothly. When I applied for the job online, I received a response in less than an hour asking me specific questions. After I emailed my responses back to the NG recruiter, I received an on-site interview request within 2 days. I then came onsite and met with 3 members of the Project Management team. Although I was nervous during my interview, they did there best to make it feel really relaxing and stress-free. The questions they asked were about my experience, they wanted to give an introduction about myself, they asked me standard behavioral questions and then gave me the opportunity to ask them questions. I asked them about NG's culture, What makes them get up everyday to come to work and I also asked them what there expectations of me, as a potential employee would be. After the interview was over, I made sure to email Thank You letters to each person that was in the interview. I also sent a copy of my resume to a person who was unable to join us during the interview. Even after all that, I still felt like I hadn't given the best presentation of myself. But, later that day, I received emails from the NG recruiter asking for more detailed information and I was also asked to complete some forms. After all of that, the recruiter later told me to ease my mind because they were in the process of getting an offer packet together for me. Of course, nothing is set in stone until you get details and receive something in writing. To make a long story short, I did receive a formal offer letter and will begin working with the company soon. In this review I wanted to be as detailed as possible because I know how it feels to come on this website, craving for information and people only put two sentences. I hope this will help somebody and Good Luck :-)

Interview Question – There really weren't any difficult questions. They were typical behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation process. It was pretty much take it or leave, so i took it :-)

Senior Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Senior Mechanical Engineer I
El Segundo, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in March 2014.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview followed by in-person with 2 engineering managers. Friendly, professional discussion. Should have brought images of prior relevant work experience (images/drawings). No trick or difficult questions in my case, but I did have a friend referral. Turns out it really wasn't the best fit of goals for either party.

Interview Question – What has been your active role in the team process you're currently working with?   View Answer

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Quality Assurance Analyst

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview Details – This company cultures was presented both times in the in the two interviews before receiving the job. They displayed a lukewarm attitude represented by wavering questions about my credentials and work experiences however, both interviews were conducted professionally and proficiently.
I was given a chance to walk through the office and took a visual survey of the employees and they looked content and was talking to each other. I did feel like it was not a subdued place to work but I received the impression the people just put in their eight hours and go home.

Interview Question – Describe a decision you made that was unpopular, and how you handled implementing it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation was very a standard offer.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Engineering Co-Op
Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in April 2014.

Interview Details – Very smooth easy process. Met recruiter at a student leadership conference, referred me to apply online. I applied online and was contacted a couple weeks later for an initial phone screen where I was asked very simple questions ("Why do you want to work at Northrop?" etc, nothing strictly behavioral/technical but more of a just get to know/chit-chat with you. Might have been a special case because I had met the recruiter a couple times personally). Was told to expect a hiring manager to contact me within 3-4 weeks, but didn't hear back until 10-12 weeks later. I let them know I had another offer on the table and was scheduled for a phone interview the next day with panel (well, 2 people). They were direct potential bosses and asked about my previous work experience (they were very interested in my undergrad research which was relevant). Dug deep into my research work asking questions about it, but there were no random unrelated technical questions. Asked one or two behavioral questions. Everyone was super friendly and really nice all-around.

Interview Question – What would you do if you have a project deadline coming up, and a team-mate (who is the only one with the skills to complete his portion) has repeatedly said he would have his part done by "next week" but several weeks have passed and he has not finished yet?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I attempted to negotiate slightly higher based on another offer I had. Director of Talent Acq. for my sector met with me personally on a school visit and explained to me that offer was non-negotiable but they really wanted me to come on-board. Offer was definitely a fair offer though. Everyone was very friendly all-around

Systems Engineer I Interview

Systems Engineer I
Azusa, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in April 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume and then was called for a phone screen that lasted about one hour. All of the questions were mostly behavioral and asked what technical skills you have and examples of technical projects you have done. The on-site interview had the same type of questions but more that were aimed at your people skills and how you solve through problems and what your interests are.

Interview Question – What is something about you that has nothing to do with the experiences on your resume. A positive attribute.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I wanted to work for another company more.

Software Developer Intern Interview

Software Developer Intern

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview Details – Phone interview with head of technical censorship.

Interview Question – Find out who is the owner of 1channel.com (currently vodly.to)   Answer Question

College Intern Technical Interview

College Intern Technical

I applied online - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in April 2014.

Interview Details – Phone Interview with a HR person and a Programmer

Interview Question – What do You Consider as Your Resources?   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Software Engineer I
Huntsville, AL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online through my college's career website. I heard from a recruiter two weeks later and did an on-site interview. The interview was typical. They asked about skills listed on my resume and a few behavioral question.

Interview Question – None. It was pretty straight forward   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None needed.

Very Easy Interview

Stock Clerk Interview

Stock Clerk
San Diego, CA

I applied through other source - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in January 2010.

Interview Details – N/A

Negotiation Details – Contractor and Employer called me to tell me I could work there

Facilities Engineering Intern Interview

Facilities Engineering Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview Details – I applied online, and in about a month I received a call to set up a phone interview date and time. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and it was set-up conference style- with three people taking turns asking me questions. They explained what was required of me as an intern, and what a day-to-day looked like. Questions were very typical.

Interview Question – No questions were too difficult, the hardest for me is to explain a challenge I had and how did I overcome it.   Answer Question