Northrop Grumman Interview Questions

2.6

Structural Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redondo Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redondo Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

I applied online, but had been hitting the company hard with on-campus interviews (I was at grad school going for my Master’s at the time) and a friend of a friend. It's highly possible that the position I interviewed for had nothing to do with my other actions. A couple of weeks later, I got the email from someone who I later found out wanted to advocate me. We did the phone interview, which I thought I could've done a lot better in. A couple of weeks later, I received no follow-up, and contacted the person again to see if I made it to the next round of interviews. Turned out that I did, but talent acquisition was very slow and was supposed to contact me the week before. Talent acquisition and I soon planned out my on-site interview, which I did on 30 minutes of sleep (Note: do not drink Thai iced tea the night before... turns out some may be overloaded with caffeine). The interview was a group panel, and the person who did the phone interview with me sat by my side as I answered the panel's questions (we were all seated at a conference table but the panel sat opposite) on my past experiences. It was a very smooth and comfortable interview, but it was difficult to recall internship analyses that I hadn't done in years. Everyone was very pleasant and wanted to get to know me as a person and as an engineer.

I did not receive a follow-up until I called talent acquisition a month later. They told me that they were working on an offer, and in just a couple of days later, I received that offer. It appeared to be very competitive with offers for similar positions. I accepted the offer after negotiating for a slightly higher salary and a later start date, and am looking forward to working with Northrop Grumman!

Interview Questions
    • "Has there ever been a time when something (does not have to be an analysis) completely stopped you in your tracks after a long process that you had complete confidence in? How did you handle the situation?"   View Answer
    Simple. I gave them a range of the higher salary that I wanted and legitimate reasons (cost of living, student loans, complete shift in life to the opposite coast, etc.) and a range of start dates that I thought were more reasonable because I still had to hunt for apartments. They were very reasonable!

Interview for Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in June 2014.

I applied online through the Northrop Grumman website. About 2 months after applying for the position, I got a phone call from Human Resources requesting an on-site interview. The interview was with 2 of the Program Managers, very informal but professional and only took about 30 minutes. Was mostly asked behavioral and interest questions and discussed my resume/experience.

Interview Questions
    • What type of work or task would you least like to do, or do you not like doing?   View Answer

Program Cost Control Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in September 2012.

Phone interview, physical interview, follow up with thank you letters and calls, contacted from hiring manager and HR so process the background check and hiring process. Included resume and cover letter.

good offer, no negotiation needed.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redondo Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redondo Beach, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in March 2014.

I applied online through their website. The process took 2 weeks before I got a phone call from Human Resources requesting an on-site interview. I then interviewed at Northrop Grumman in March 2014.

Interview Questions
    • None. They broke down my resume and asked some behavioral questions. Very straight forward. Interview consisted of two separate hour interviews. The first interview was with two members from the software team. Second interview was with Hiring Manager and Engineer Manager.   Answer Question

Business Liaison Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in May 2014.

Got called to set up an interview a few weeks after applying for the position online. Had a great interview with the section manager. She was extremely professional and ran quickly through resume highlights. She was also very enthusiastic about her job and outlined the various positions being hired for her department.

Interview Questions
    • There were no overtly difficult questions as the position was not a technical one.   Answer Question

Subcontracts Administrator I Interview

Panel interview, all day. Tour, overview of the company. 3 rounds. Lunch. There were no real tough questions, it seemed pretty standard. They flew 6 people in and hired 3.

Interview Questions
    • "Are you OK working for a company that makes weapons that ultimately may hurt adversaries?"   Answer Question
    No negotiations, accepted offer

Engineer III Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Lengthy process of negotiating HR and clearances. Phone then in person interview was a one man process. From time of submitting resume to start was about 6 months due to clearances needed.

negotiation went through a recruiter

College Technical Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Clearfield, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearfield, UT

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in March 2012.

I had one interview with a panel of five interviewers. They asked the typical expected behavioral questions--"Tell me about a time when you had a difficult problem..., Tell me about a time when you had leadership..., etc. They asked me about relevant coursework and time management. The interview lasted about 40 minutes. The interviewers were congenial and engaged. They took notes throughout and gave me a schedule of when to expect to hear back about the position--whether yea or nay.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were as expected: behavioral questions in regards to teaming, leadership, time management; and questions relevant to the statistical position such as coursework and analytical skills.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in March 2014.

Applied online. Got a phone call to schedule an interview. One 30 minute phone call. Simple behavioral questions. Also questions about the company. Heard back 3 weeks later that I got the offer.

No negotiation

Art and Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in October 2011.

I interviewed 3 times without feeling overwhelmed. My interviewers were thorough, answered all of my questions without hesitation and made me feel at home. My salary requirements were met and I was assured that they would be due to my experience level and body of work.

Interview Questions
    • Off of the information that you have been given so far from the client... Can you give me a quick marketing strategy you may implement for the brand if granted the position?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation I submitted my salary and they accepted saying that my offer was fair and within reason.