Northrop Grumman Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.6

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Initial phone screen with basic technical questions followed by a group interview. Large amount of technical questions with some questions on patterns. Interview was based around knowledge or .NET and C#.

Interview Questions

• Detail questions on patterns. Honesty was greatly appreciate when answers were not known.   Answer Question

Professional Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Met and spoke with an engineer at my schools career fair, scheduled an interview with him for the next day. After the interview spoke with HR onsite for administrata, a week later received a preliminary offer. A month later attended an onsite tour at NG, few weeks later I accepted their preliminary offer.

Interview Questions

• Didn't really have one as they were primarily interested in previous work I've done that seems to align with what they are looking for.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Met different employees at various on-campus events. They were all engaging and helpful in helping me determine what area and positions I would be a good match for. After a career fair, got a call for an interview. Ended up interviewing with someone I had met previously at on-campus events. The time set aside for the interview was ~45 minutes and the atmosphere was friendly. The interviewer asked one or two technical questions and a few behavioral questions (describe a time you had a disagreement among your team and how it turned out, etc.). I definitely over-thought the technical question, but otherwise it seemed to go fine. At they end the interviewer informed me that there would be another round of interviews for chosen candidates.

I did not hear back from them after the interview. Followed up ~1 month later and still did not hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Given a digital modulation scheme (such as 16-QAM), what would you need to do to send the signal?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Recruiter interest screen. Phone interview with hiring manager. In person interview with team and other hiring managers. Offer a few weeks later. It was a balance interview of technical and behavioral questions. Great interview process for sure.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warner Robins, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Northrop Grumman (Warner Robins, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online took about 4 weeks. Got a call from the recruiter asking basic questions. After that I was contacted by the hiring manager for an interview. Interviewed and received feedback within 2 weeks. It was fairly simple just took a lot of time to get everything going.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions some job related others just going over my resume. It was very straight to the point. Very friendly environment.   Answer Question

Proposal Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in January 2015.

Interview

Was contacted to come in for an in person interview. I originally applied through my university. Went in and talked mostly about my experience and some behavioral questions. They mostly talked about the role and what I would be doing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate since it was entry level.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman (McLean, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied and was contacted by a recruiter within 3 days. 2 days later they asked me to come in for an interview. 2 weeks passed after before they let me know that an offer was not going to be extended. very easy process and they were very friendly and accessible.

Logistics Planner II Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in January 2015.

Interview

Hiring process was very long, plan on 2 full months or more from initial interview to first work day. Informal setting in the building of main offices. Every effort was made to put me at ease in the first few minutes. Job description was gone over, then the personality questions began.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle it if you were 95% complete with an assignment, and you were suddenly asked to stop, canx all work done, and start another one?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman (Melbourne, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

After applying online, I received an email requesting some times that I would be available for a phone interview with the hiring manager. This call consisted of the manager asking questions about my experience as reflected on my resume and talking about what is currently goin on at the company.

The subsequent face to face interview was more of the same, but with the addition of another manager.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions were asked. It was just a conversation about experience, what I am seeking in an employer, and what they are seeking in an employee.   Answer Question

Structural Analysis Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Northrop Grumman in January 2015.

Interview

Spent months applying to different positions before I was called in for an interview. Check regularly at the status of your application and for new job posting because there are always new posting every time I check. The interview was nothing out of the ordinary, just make sure you're prepared with you're most up to date resume, wear a suit and be yourself. I was actually given the choice between two positions that I would be a great fit for but after talking to my interviewers further we established that one would be a better fit for me. I received a phone call the following day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Would you prefer an analytical role or design role?   1 Answer

Negotiation

My initial offer was exactly what I wanted, so I didn't try pushing for more. I generally don't take the first offer so if it's not what you were expecting then feel free to ask for more, the worst they can say is no.