Northrop Grumman

Updated Dec 15, 2014
Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.6

College Intern I Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in May 2014.

The interview process was extremely short for such a competitive program, with only one interview, which was a phone interview with four senior members of management in several sections of my division. They asked fairly detailed questions about each part of my resume, and wanted to know a lot about my relevant experience.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were particularly difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Business Liaison Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in May 2014.

Got called to set up an interview a few weeks after applying for the position online. Had a great interview with the section manager. She was extremely professional and ran quickly through resume highlights. She was also very enthusiastic about her job and outlined the various positions being hired for her department.

Interview Questions
    • There were no overtly difficult questions as the position was not a technical one.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

This company cultures was presented both times in the in the two interviews before receiving the job. They displayed a lukewarm attitude represented by wavering questions about my credentials and work experiences however, both interviews were conducted professionally and proficiently.
    I was given a chance to walk through the office and took a visual survey of the employees and they looked content and was talking to each other. I did feel like it was not a subdued place to work but I received the impression the people just put in their eight hours and go home.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a decision you made that was unpopular, and how you handled implementing it.   View Answer
    The negotiation was very a standard offer.

Software Developer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Phone interview with head of technical censorship.

Interview Questions
    • Find out who is the owner of 1channel.com (currently vodly.to)   Answer Question

Facilities Engineering Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

I applied online, and in about a month I received a call to set up a phone interview date and time. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and it was set-up conference style- with three people taking turns asking me questions. They explained what was required of me as an intern, and what a day-to-day looked like. Questions were very typical.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were too difficult, the hardest for me is to explain a challenge I had and how did I overcome it.   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in April 2014.

Very smooth easy process. Met recruiter at a student leadership conference, referred me to apply online. I applied online and was contacted a couple weeks later for an initial phone screen where I was asked very simple questions ("Why do you want to work at Northrop?" etc, nothing strictly behavioral/technical but more of a just get to know/chit-chat with you. Might have been a special case because I had met the recruiter a couple times personally). Was told to expect a hiring manager to contact me within 3-4 weeks, but didn't hear back until 10-12 weeks later. I let them know I had another offer on the table and was scheduled for a phone interview the next day with panel (well, 2 people). They were direct potential bosses and asked about my previous work experience (they were very interested in my undergrad research which was relevant). Dug deep into my research work asking questions about it, but there were no random unrelated technical questions. Asked one or two behavioral questions. Everyone was super friendly and really nice all-around.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you have a project deadline coming up, and a team-mate (who is the only one with the skills to complete his portion) has repeatedly said he would have his part done by "next week" but several weeks have passed and he has not finished yet?   Answer Question
    I attempted to negotiate slightly higher based on another offer I had. Director of Talent Acq. for my sector met with me personally on a school visit and explained to me that offer was non-negotiable but they really wanted me to come on-board. Offer was definitely a fair offer though. Everyone was very friendly all-around

College Intern Technical Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Northrop Grumman in April 2014.

Phone Interview with a HR person and a Programmer

College Intern I Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in April 2014.

Applied online in spring for the following summer. Got a call to schedule an interview. Interview was with three people: Hiring manager, and two other managers for two different departments. Reviewed and asked questions about items on the resume, then asked "Why are you the right candidate for the position?". I only brought up one character trait when I should've been bringing out multiple traits (i.e strong work ethic, dedication, drive, passion ,etc)

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied online through my college's career website. I heard from a recruiter two weeks later and did an on-site interview. The interview was typical. They asked about skills listed on my resume and a few behavioral question.

None needed.

Systems Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Azusa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Azusa, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in April 2014.

I submitted my resume and then was called for a phone screen that lasted about one hour. All of the questions were mostly behavioral and asked what technical skills you have and examples of technical projects you have done. The on-site interview had the same type of questions but more that were aimed at your people skills and how you solve through problems and what your interests are.

Interview Questions
    • What is something about you that has nothing to do with the experiences on your resume. A positive attribute.   Answer Question

I wanted to work for another company more.