Northrop Grumman Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.6

Industrial Security Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

The interviews were strange because I felt over-prepared. They were incredibly easy to talk to and were very relaxed on question asking. I had a phone interview and in-person interview happening simultaneously, therefore, it was a bit different than average.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to insert information about who you are and how you work because you will need to add input.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Recent grad. Therefore, they were non-negotiable about the position.

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman (Melbourne, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Standard Process - Applied online, contacted several weeks later by email stating the hiring manager would like to conduct an in person interview. Flew to job site and met with hiring manager, a program manager and two other employees in a group/panel interview.

The manager spoke for several minutes about the company and what position I was interviewing for. He then asked me to talk about my experiences relating to the position. After a few minutes I hit a couple of buzz words and the manager asked pointed questions about that topic. After answering those, I was asked about requirements specific to the product. A few more questions and answers and I was shaking hands.

It was very short and directed. (It was scheduled to be short.) No time to get comfortable or ramble.

Posted this too soon after the interview to be notified...checking online status for an update.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your experiences relating to <fill in from requisition/job description>   Answer Question

College Technical Interview

Interview

I lived within driving distance to the location at which I would be interning so I had an in person interview there with 3 engineers. They had a list of about 10 questions that they had to ask and they took notes. They were very easy to talk to and very helpful.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask any technical questions, just mostly things like "Have you ever worked in a group where you had disagreements with a member of the group or you had different ideas, and how did you deal with it?"   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Initial phone screen with basic technical questions followed by a group interview. Large amount of technical questions with some questions on patterns. Interview was based around knowledge or .NET and C#.

Interview Questions

• Detail questions on patterns. Honesty was greatly appreciate when answers were not known.   Answer Question

Field Engineer III Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

On time. The boss was interviewing. The we're very personable but Straight forward . Asked experience questions. Talked about the job and explained so of the type of work. Pay attention to the job requirements when getting ready to interview.

Professional Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Met and spoke with an engineer at my schools career fair, scheduled an interview with him for the next day. After the interview spoke with HR onsite for administrata, a week later received a preliminary offer. A month later attended an onsite tour at NG, few weeks later I accepted their preliminary offer.

Interview Questions

• Didn't really have one as they were primarily interested in previous work I've done that seems to align with what they are looking for.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Met different employees at various on-campus events. They were all engaging and helpful in helping me determine what area and positions I would be a good match for. After a career fair, got a call for an interview. Ended up interviewing with someone I had met previously at on-campus events. The time set aside for the interview was ~45 minutes and the atmosphere was friendly. The interviewer asked one or two technical questions and a few behavioral questions (describe a time you had a disagreement among your team and how it turned out, etc.). I definitely over-thought the technical question, but otherwise it seemed to go fine. At they end the interviewer informed me that there would be another round of interviews for chosen candidates.

I did not hear back from them after the interview. Followed up ~1 month later and still did not hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Given a digital modulation scheme (such as 16-QAM), what would you need to do to send the signal?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Recruiter interest screen. Phone interview with hiring manager. In person interview with team and other hiring managers. Offer a few weeks later. It was a balance interview of technical and behavioral questions. Great interview process for sure.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warner Robins, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Northrop Grumman (Warner Robins, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online took about 4 weeks. Got a call from the recruiter asking basic questions. After that I was contacted by the hiring manager for an interview. Interviewed and received feedback within 2 weeks. It was fairly simple just took a lot of time to get everything going.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions some job related others just going over my resume. It was very straight to the point. Very friendly environment.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman (Melbourne, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

After applying online, I received an email requesting some times that I would be available for a phone interview with the hiring manager. This call consisted of the manager asking questions about my experience as reflected on my resume and talking about what is currently goin on at the company.

The subsequent face to face interview was more of the same, but with the addition of another manager.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions were asked. It was just a conversation about experience, what I am seeking in an employer, and what they are seeking in an employee.   Answer Question