Northrop Grumman Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

2.6

Software Developer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Phone interview with head of technical censorship.

Interview Questions
    • Find out who is the owner of 1channel.com (currently vodly.to)   Answer Question

College Intern Technical Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in April 2014.

Phone Interview with a HR person and a Programmer

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in April 2014.

I applied online through my college's career website. I heard from a recruiter two weeks later and did an on-site interview. The interview was typical. They asked about skills listed on my resume and a few behavioral question.

None needed.

Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through other source - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in January 2010.

N/A

Contractor and Employer called me to tell me I could work there

Facilities Engineering Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

I applied online, and in about a month I received a call to set up a phone interview date and time. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and it was set-up conference style- with three people taking turns asking me questions. They explained what was required of me as an intern, and what a day-to-day looked like. Questions were very typical.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were too difficult, the hardest for me is to explain a challenge I had and how did I overcome it.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redondo Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redondo Beach, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in June 2010.

Initial contact was at the college career fair. I was scheduled for a campus interview (UCLA) within the next week. And then I was contacted by a hiring manager at Space Park to come in for a panel interview about a couple weeks later. Interview was with 3 different engineers and engineering managers. Relatively easy questions, nothing too technical, mostly conceptual questions.

Interview Questions
    • No question was too difficult. I was asked, "There are 2 different types of workers in the work force. Those who try to learn everything first, then attack their task, and others who bring their ideas to the project and learn as the project as they go while trying to applying their ideas. How would you come up to speed on this project?"   Answer Question

Head of Organizational Effectiveness Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  El Segundo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in February 2014.

Phone call with recruiter then face to face with manager.recruiter do a great job laying out what the manager was looking for. In the end it just wasn't a good fit for me. The role was too buried in their organization to really allow me to make a significant contribution.

Computer Systems Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in May 2013.

Applied online with my resume and recieved a call from the recruiter asking if I was available for a phone interview, Was offered the job and flew out and met the customer and they were pleased with my in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you make yourself a part of our team?   View Answer
    Negotiation was mostly about salary and starting time. I asked for their salary range and asked for a little above it and recieved it. I asked to start immediately and I was started within 2 weeks.

Business Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redondo Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redondo Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in March 2014.

Was called to schedule an in-person interview at Northrop.
    Interview was conversational and straight-forward.

Intern, so no negotiation

Java Developer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

The hiring process was very straight forward. I was provided information about the job and what I would be doing as an intern, then I was asked a few questions about my background. The interview ended with a tour of the building.