Northrop Grumman

Very Easy Interview

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in August 2013.

Interview Details – two phone interviews, then an email questionaire, then put in front of customer, almost no support with how to handle the customer, no interaction with hiring manager despite several attempts which seemed to be a bother. meeting with customer was a disaster because of the lack of preparation by NG hiring manager. questions were all softball even though position was highly technical.

Interview Question – why were you let go after 24 years of top performance?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I didn't want to go thru another lay off experience like the other one

Very Easy Interview

Cyber Systems Engineer Interview

Cyber Systems Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview Details – My process was to be led around the building and meet people, told me what the job entailed and that was it. then wait for 2-3 for call back.

Negotiation Details – none

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator

Interviewed at Northrop Grumman

Interview Details – This location is very adept at interviewing and choosing the right candidate for a position. The position was posted for a couple of weeks and a friend suggested that I apply for it. I applied and was set up for an interview in the same week. The day I interviewed they made a decision within 30 minutes to an hour afterwards and offered me the position.

Interview Question – The questions weren't difficult. I was a bit surprised and happy that I was able to answer them all.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Business Management Intern Interview

Business Management Intern

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview Details – Interviewed with a woman on the phone and then had an in person with two hiring managers.

Interview Question – How would you describe yourself? Name a situation where you didn't get along with a teammate? Why are you the best person for the job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was for an internship. No negotiation

Support Engineer Interview

Support Engineer

I applied in-person and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in December 2010.

Interview Details – Never know what to expect. Company has no standard process.

Interview Question – Tell me why you are the best candidate   View Answer

Associate Missile Modeling Engineer Interview

Associate Missile Modeling Engineer

Interviewed at Northrop Grumman

Interview Details – Applied Online, Contacted by HR, Filled out pre-interview questions. Phone Interview a few days later. Contacted by email later.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, just questions about rocket/missile modeling knowledge.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer

Interviewed at Northrop Grumman

Interview Details – Interviewed with Northrop Grumman at a job fair. Was referred for an interview at the Northop Grumman facility. I talked to the hiring manager and received a job offer. Very simple. There were no tricky interview questions. It was all very straight-forward.

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Northrop Grumman

Interview Details – This was my first interview so I might be overrating some aspects. The questions were fair, and I was fairly nervous. There was a critique on my resume that I didn't have an answer for and that breakdown followed through the rest of the interview.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Annapolis Junction, MD

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in October 2013.

Interview Details – Month One: Standard interview, got the job offer a few days after the interview. I pass background check. It was contingent on customer approval. I start waiting for interview with customer. Weeks go by with zero contact from recruiter.

Month Two: Recruiter disappears. No response to weekly emails and phone calls. Odd.

Month Three: I am passed to new recruiter and told project will be ramping up over months three and four. Great! But no response to email at end of month three. Not worried yet

Month Four: No response to weekly emails and phone calls asking about next steps. Voicemails left as well but no response. It's now been two months with no response and no word on what happened to 'ramp up' on accepted job offer. Unacceptable.

Month Five: I am passed to third recruiter via email. He has no idea what is going on but will check with PM. He never gets back to me. I haven't heard from him in two weeks. Shockingly he doesn't respond to email or voice mail. t guess I don't have an offer after all.

I've been in the business over 20 years and no company recruiters have ever treated me as badly as at Northrop Grumman. I guess they just don't care

At this point i don't really want to work for this company any more.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had a problem with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Indianapolis, IN

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview Details – I got laid off right before Thanksgiving, the was a large ad in the Sunday paper.
That was back in 2000, so that has changed to a process of a resume web-submittal then an interview with the locatiion site manager, proposed supervisor and proposed co-worker, all at once in a conference room, on a 1 hour schedule so you could see the earlier competitor leaving and the next one coming.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know how I would create new ideas for process improvement (never documented before)?   View Answer
  • Why did you not try to implement process quality at your last employer?   View Answer