Northrop Grumman Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 5, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Was told I was hired by 3 different people and make arrangements to move to Huntsville. It wasn't until the last minute and a phone call that they brought me in. The process was a cat and mouse game until then. The hiring when it started was quick as was the interview. All very reasonable questions.

Interview Questions
  • None. The typical drugs, arrest, travel percentage, education level, skill sets.....   View Answer
55000 to be evaluated for growth.

Other Interview Reviews for Northrop Grumman

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in February 2014.

Phone screen. Very basic questions surrounding experience as it relates to position. No behavioral or technical questions. The recruiter simply checked to see if I met the basic qualifications for the position and then scheduled a second phone interview with hiring manager \team. I declined the interview because I was not interested in the position after getting further details from the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your experience with each aspect of the jobs basic qualifications   View Answer

I declined because I was not interested in the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in January 2013.

Very quick interview process. They try to move quickly, which is great! Lots of consideration to diversity in the hierarchy.

Interview Questions
    • Which director's project will you make a priority? (supporting multiple)   View Answer
    short. Won't budge on vacation hour accrual.

Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in August 2009.

Great process overall. I was very impressed with the level of professionalism and respect they showed from the first communication. Interviewed initially through a recruiter, lasting about half an hour with a manager from their mission assurance department. I was called to fly on-site for second interview. Accomodations were outstanding and they paid close attention to detail when it came to giving their candidate the royal treatment. Had an idea they wanted me for the position after a full day of interviews. Definitely pays to have interests in common and present a likeable personality. I talked to several managers through the course of approximately 5 hours, including lunch. Great work environment, everyone I met seemed really friendly but most importantly they seemed genuine. I got a great first impression and I'm loving the job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with an experienced worker who was obstinate and presented an obstacle to progress?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Manhattan Beach, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Manhattan Beach, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in June 2008.

The interview process began with a couple of phone interviews. The hiring manager was very courteous and understanding the sensitivity of interviewing while on the job. A follow-up interview was setup to meet the retiring manager I would be replacing. I decided to decline the position because offer me the kind of growth and learning experience worth the risk of switching companies. Northrup would have offered a promotion and a raise with same type of work culture as my current job. Both companies are laid back and has multitude of resource to develop as an engineer.

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in June 2010.

Meet with different people on 3 separate occasions

Was not enough money and was clearly told that there isn't work life balance on this position.