Northrop Grumman

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

El Segundo, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in January 2013.

Interview Details – Very quick interview process. They try to move quickly, which is great! Lots of consideration to diversity in the hierarchy.

Interview Question – Which director's project will you make a priority? (supporting multiple)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – short. Won't budge on vacation hour accrual.

Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in August 2009.

Interview Details – Great process overall. I was very impressed with the level of professionalism and respect they showed from the first communication. Interviewed initially through a recruiter, lasting about half an hour with a manager from their mission assurance department. I was called to fly on-site for second interview. Accomodations were outstanding and they paid close attention to detail when it came to giving their candidate the royal treatment. Had an idea they wanted me for the position after a full day of interviews. Definitely pays to have interests in common and present a likeable personality. I talked to several managers through the course of approximately 5 hours, including lunch. Great work environment, everyone I met seemed really friendly but most importantly they seemed genuine. I got a great first impression and I'm loving the job.

Interview Question – How would you deal with an experienced worker who was obstinate and presented an obstacle to progress?   View Answer

Manhattan Beach, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in June 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process began with a couple of phone interviews. The hiring manager was very courteous and understanding the sensitivity of interviewing while on the job. A follow-up interview was setup to meet the retiring manager I would be replacing. I decided to decline the position because offer me the kind of growth and learning experience worth the risk of switching companies. Northrup would have offered a promotion and a raise with same type of work culture as my current job. Both companies are laid back and has multitude of resource to develop as an engineer.

Interview Question – What is your experience with budgeting projects?   Answer Question

Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in June 2010.

Interview Details – Meet with different people on 3 separate occasions

Reason for Declining – Was not enough money and was clearly told that there isn't work life balance on this position.

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!