Northrop Grumman Professional Development Program Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Professional Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Schaumburg, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in April 2011.

The entire interview took about 6 hours. I met with 5 different managers, as the program I interviewed for could potentially put me under 3 of them. Questions ranged from generic to interesting. One manager was more interested in my skills, one more interested in my resume, another more interested in my educational and lifestyle background. Overall I had a very positive experience during and after the actual interview but was extremely disappointed when I did not hear back from them (when I was told that I would be notified either way at the end of the month.) I tried e-mailing HR 2-3 times without receiving a reply.

Interview Questions
  • Do you find you have a good balance between your work and social life?   View Answer
  • What skills do you have regarding Excel?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Northrop Grumman

Professional Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Linthicum, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Linthicum, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in November 2007.

Please Note - This is the normal hiring process for the Professional Development Program, not necessarily for "direct hires".
    I initially interviewed at my college with a business manager who is responsible for hiring PDP's and interns. Approximately two weeks later I received an invitation to the College Center, which is the PDP interview/screening process at the Linthicum office.
    Day 1: Candidates are invited to stay at the Embassy Suites and Northrop organizes a dinner the night before the interviews.
    Day 2: I had four 1-on-1 interviews with business managers, a tour of the Linthicum offices and attended a couple of information sessions. (Breakfast and lunch are provided.) Approximately one month later I received an offer package by e-mail, which included the salary offer, benefits package, relocation expenses and drug test info. (Offers are pending upon the results of the drug test.)

Interview Questions
    There's very little room to negotiate your PDP starting salary. And no, your salary does not increase when you "go permanent".

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!