Northrop Grumman

Relevance Date Difficulty

Professional Development Program Interview

Professional Development Program
Schaumburg, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in April 2011.

Interview Details – The entire interview took about 6 hours. I met with 5 different managers, as the program I interviewed for could potentially put me under 3 of them. Questions ranged from generic to interesting. One manager was more interested in my skills, one more interested in my resume, another more interested in my educational and lifestyle background. Overall I had a very positive experience during and after the actual interview but was extremely disappointed when I did not hear back from them (when I was told that I would be notified either way at the end of the month.) I tried e-mailing HR 2-3 times without receiving a reply.

Interview Questions

• Do you find you have a good balance between your work and social life?   View Answer
  • What skills do you have regarding Excel?   Answer Question

Professional Development Program Interview

Professional Development Program
Linthicum, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in November 2007.

Interview Details – Please Note - This is the normal hiring process for the Professional Development Program, not necessarily for "direct hires".
I initially interviewed at my college with a business manager who is responsible for hiring PDP's and interns. Approximately two weeks later I received an invitation to the College Center, which is the PDP interview/screening process at the Linthicum office.
Day 1: Candidates are invited to stay at the Embassy Suites and Northrop organizes a dinner the night before the interviews.
Day 2: I had four 1-on-1 interviews with business managers, a tour of the Linthicum offices and attended a couple of information sessions. (Breakfast and lunch are provided.) Approximately one month later I received an offer package by e-mail, which included the salary offer, benefits package, relocation expenses and drug test info. (Offers are pending upon the results of the drug test.)

Interview Question – What type of animal best represents your personality?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There's very little room to negotiate your PDP starting salary. And no, your salary does not increase when you "go permanent".

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!