Northrop Grumman

Updated Jan 20, 2015

3.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Professional Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Met and spoke with an engineer at my schools career fair, scheduled an interview with him for the next day. After the interview spoke with HR onsite for administrata, a week later received a preliminary offer. A month later attended an onsite tour at NG, few weeks later I accepted their preliminary offer.

Interview Questions
  • Didn't really have one as they were primarily interested in previous work I've done that seems to align with what they are looking for.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Northrop Grumman

Professional Development Program Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

It was a nice and laid back process. Several one on one interviews with HR and then a panel with engineering managers. Basic behavioral questions, didn't get into anything technical. You don't have to know a lot about the company, but at least know why you want to work there and what you can offer to them.

No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in April 2011.

The entire interview took about 6 hours. I met with 5 different managers, as the program I interviewed for could potentially put me under 3 of them. Questions ranged from generic to interesting. One manager was more interested in my skills, one more interested in my resume, another more interested in my educational and lifestyle background. Overall I had a very positive experience during and after the actual interview but was extremely disappointed when I did not hear back from them (when I was told that I would be notified either way at the end of the month.) I tried e-mailing HR 2-3 times without receiving a reply.

Interview Questions
    • Do you find you have a good balance between your work and social life?   View Answer
    • What skills do you have regarding Excel?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Linthicum, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Linthicum, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in November 2007.

Please Note - This is the normal hiring process for the Professional Development Program, not necessarily for "direct hires".
    I initially interviewed at my college with a business manager who is responsible for hiring PDP's and interns. Approximately two weeks later I received an invitation to the College Center, which is the PDP interview/screening process at the Linthicum office.
    Day 1: Candidates are invited to stay at the Embassy Suites and Northrop organizes a dinner the night before the interviews.
    Day 2: I had four 1-on-1 interviews with business managers, a tour of the Linthicum offices and attended a couple of information sessions. (Breakfast and lunch are provided.) Approximately one month later I received an offer package by e-mail, which included the salary offer, benefits package, relocation expenses and drug test info. (Offers are pending upon the results of the drug test.)

Interview Questions
    There's very little room to negotiate your PDP starting salary. And no, your salary does not increase when you "go permanent".