Northrop Grumman Program Manager II Interview Questions

3.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panama City, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panama City, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in August 2012.

Response to a posted position on a cleared jobs forum. Initial email then telephone contact from a Corporate Recruiter for the standard interview questions (just see any Top 20 Interview Questions article) and salary expectations. Follow-on telephone interviews (2) with Hiring Manager to discuss job specifics and relevant qualifications - also some personality evaluation.

Interview Questions
No issues, offer was fair.

Other Interview Reviews for Northrop Grumman

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in May 2011.

Very open and personality driven

Interview Questions
    • What is the most important aspect of leading a team... and examples?   Answer Question
    yes. start date was negotiable.

Program Manager II Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Hiring and interview process was even longer than other defense industry companies were. It appeared that no one could make a decision without a staff meeting and email discussions. Even the manager said there are “a lot of company hoops we have to jump through.”

The phone interview was unprofessional. I was given a number to call in for a conference call, but there was no answer. I tried repeatedly. After talking with the recruiter and reconfirming the number, I called again. A manger answered and said he just connected to the conference call line and the other managers wouldn’t make it. Despite this situation, I still moved to the in-person interview.

The in-person interview was uncomfortable. The building was old with uneven floors. Looking back, I think the building was modular trailers linked together. The temperature was warm and the room was cramped. I’m glad I brought my own water because there wasn’t any there.

The interview was a few questions that were pre-printed and given to me. I had about 5 minutes to look them over and come up with my answers. The questions were not what I expected. The questions were too specific for a job that I only had a job description for. I assume the hiring manager came up with the questions he was going to ask all the candidates without regard for company experience or familiarity with the position.

Overall, the interview was very uncomfortable even though I was extremely qualified (based on the job description). It took over a month to hear that I was not selected.

Interview Questions
    • During the in-person interview, I was asked my techniques to meet OSD policy on Operational Availability.   Answer Question

Program Manager II Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in September 2010.

It was a simple process in applying on-line for new position, holding interview and receiving offer within 2-3 days. Suggest that applicant meet with direct supervisor instead of just with higher-level management before an offer is given. That would help applicant understand true environment of new job before accepting it.

Interview Questions
    • How have you resolved issues with difficult clients?   View Answer
    • How have you worked effectively with cross-functional, geographically dispersed teams?   View Answer
    For senior-level positions, applicant should understand complete compensation package rather just the salary and normal benefits. Ask if bonus plans are included, and if not, when applicant could expect any bonus programs in the future and what would be expected so that the applicant could be included in a bonus program.