Northrop Grumman Program Manager Interview Questions

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman (Rolling Meadows, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

Initial Interview, Panel Interview. Poor coordination and communication throughout the process. Panel Interview consists of 4-7 interviewers, including the hiring manager, other members of the department, as well as Diverse members of other departments.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, but they will ask in-depth questions about how you would perform in the new job roll, including laying out specific scenarios.   Answer Question

Poor communication/incompatibility with hiring manager.

Other Interview Reviews for Northrop Grumman

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman (Chantilly, VA) in February 2011.

Interview

The process started out with a phone interview with talent acquisition. She gathered basics on salary requirements, what I was looking for as far as the position goes, verified my employment history, etc. A week later, I had a group interview with the hiring manager, engineering manager and business development lead. This consisted of questions related to my resume, how I would handle certain situations at work, my experience in SW development, change management and project management, etc. I was able to ask a lot of questions about the position as well. After that interview, I was asked to come back the following week to meet with the customer. That was more of a meet and greet than an interview. After that, I was asked to come back in a third time to meet with the Director (who was in vacation during the previous two times I was on site). Two days later, I was offered the position at my requested salary.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience as a project manager for a large scale IT project?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle implementing change within an organization?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me the salary I requested so there was no need to negotiate salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Diego, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

One on One with multiple Directors and Program Managers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Linthicum, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Northrop Grumman (Linthicum, MD) in January 2010.

Interview

Slow process, HR didn't seem to be very organized. Interviewed with three people: Business Area Director, Program Manager in Business Area, and HR. Behavioral Interviews were all very relaxed and straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all straightforward, however my work experience directly matched what they were looking for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Standard, they made an offer and I pushed back a little on salary. They offered a small bump to satisfy me, I took the job anyway.

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Northrop Grumman (Reston, VA) in June 2009.

Interview

The process was relatively easy. I interviewed for a job a I know well. It was time consuming and tedious. I had the phone screening, one on one and the panel interview. I'm an experienced Program Manager so it was hard for them to come up with something I couldn't deal with. Advice do your research in advance. Know the contract.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if the customer asked me to hire his wife.   1 Answer
    • What would I do if I found out one of my managers had been advising employees to use the wrong charge code.   3 Answers

They told me previously I could work closer to D.C. but that changed. I didn't want the long commute

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman (Herndon, VA) in March 2009.

Interview

Hiring process went fairly quickly and without hiccups. The Recruiting Manager in Atlanta; however, was extremely ineffective, and lacked visible skills

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Northrop Grumman (Woodland Hills, CA) in June 2008.

Interview

Approximately four 1:1 interviews with various managers. Good leadership / management team. Excellent literature describing division / products. Were able to make a hiring decision quickly. Interview occurred because they were looking to expand program management capabilities. Technology / science intensive company - suitable for those with strong technical background, even for jobs on the business side.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in January 2009.

Interview

Very few questions as I already knew the hiring manager and his staff from a previous position. Cordial interviews. No surprises. EXTREMELY long on-boarding process after I'd already accepted their offer.

Interview Questions

• No surprises. Past projects and programs. Biggest successes and failures in previous projects/programs.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They low-balled me, as expected.