Northrop Grumman

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Rolling Meadows, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in March 2012.

Interview Details – Initial Interview, Panel Interview. Poor coordination and communication throughout the process. Panel Interview consists of 4-7 interviewers, including the hiring manager, other members of the department, as well as Diverse members of other departments.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, but they will ask in-depth questions about how you would perform in the new job roll, including laying out specific scenarios.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Poor communication/incompatibility with hiring manager.

Linthicum, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in January 2010.

Interview Details – Slow process, HR didn't seem to be very organized. Interviewed with three people: Business Area Director, Program Manager in Business Area, and HR. Behavioral Interviews were all very relaxed and straightforward.

Interview Question – Questions were all straightforward, however my work experience directly matched what they were looking for.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Standard, they made an offer and I pushed back a little on salary. They offered a small bump to satisfy me, I took the job anyway.

San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in October 2010.

Interview Details – One on One with multiple Directors and Program Managers

Interview Question – The last guy couldn't do this job, why can you?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Chantilly, VA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in February 2011.

Interview Details – The process started out with a phone interview with talent acquisition. She gathered basics on salary requirements, what I was looking for as far as the position goes, verified my employment history, etc. A week later, I had a group interview with the hiring manager, engineering manager and business development lead. This consisted of questions related to my resume, how I would handle certain situations at work, my experience in SW development, change management and project management, etc. I was able to ask a lot of questions about the position as well. After that interview, I was asked to come back the following week to meet with the customer. That was more of a meet and greet than an interview. After that, I was asked to come back in a third time to meet with the Director (who was in vacation during the previous two times I was on site). Two days later, I was offered the position at my requested salary.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience as a project manager for a large scale IT project?   View Answer
  • How do you handle implementing change within an organization?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me the salary I requested so there was no need to negotiate salary.

Herndon, VA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in March 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring process went fairly quickly and without hiccups. The Recruiting Manager in Atlanta; however, was extremely ineffective, and lacked visible skills

Interview Question – None were difficult   Answer Question

Woodland Hills, CA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in June 2008.

Interview Details – Approximately four 1:1 interviews with various managers. Good leadership / management team. Excellent literature describing division / products. Were able to make a hiring decision quickly. Interview occurred because they were looking to expand program management capabilities. Technology / science intensive company - suitable for those with strong technical background, even for jobs on the business side.

Interview Question – Don't remember   Answer Question

Reston, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in June 2009.

Interview Details – The process was relatively easy. I interviewed for a job a I know well. It was time consuming and tedious. I had the phone screening, one on one and the panel interview. I'm an experienced Program Manager so it was hard for them to come up with something I couldn't deal with. Advice do your research in advance. Know the contract.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if the customer asked me to hire his wife.   View Answer
  • What would I do if I found out one of my managers had been advising employees to use the wrong charge code.   View Answers (2)

Reason for Declining – They told me previously I could work closer to D.C. but that changed. I didn't want the long commute

Very Easy Interview

Program Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in January 2009.

Interview Details – Very few questions as I already knew the hiring manager and his staff from a previous position. Cordial interviews. No surprises. EXTREMELY long on-boarding process after I'd already accepted their offer.

Interview Question – No surprises. Past projects and programs. Biggest successes and failures in previous projects/programs.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They low-balled me, as expected.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Northrop Grumman

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!

Northrop Grumman Videos

Northrop Grumman – Why Work for Us?

We invite you to learn more about Northrop Grumman’s varied businesses and our rich history of innovation. Northrop Grumman continues to manufacture some of the most cutting-edge technology and products. As a member of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northrop Grumman Program Manager interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Northrop Grumman employees and interview candidates.