Northrop Grumman Program Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

2.5

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Rolling Meadows, IL
Anonymous Employee in Rolling Meadows, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in March 2012.

Initial Interview, Panel Interview. Poor coordination and communication throughout the process. Panel Interview consists of 4-7 interviewers, including the hiring manager, other members of the department, as well as Diverse members of other departments.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing unexpected, but they will ask in-depth questions about how you would perform in the new job roll, including laying out specific scenarios.   Answer Question

Poor communication/incompatibility with hiring manager.

Other Interview Reviews for Northrop Grumman

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Linthicum, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Linthicum, MD

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in January 2010.

Slow process, HR didn't seem to be very organized. Interviewed with three people: Business Area Director, Program Manager in Business Area, and HR. Behavioral Interviews were all very relaxed and straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were all straightforward, however my work experience directly matched what they were looking for.   Answer Question
    Standard, they made an offer and I pushed back a little on salary. They offered a small bump to satisfy me, I took the job anyway.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in October 2010.

One on One with multiple Directors and Program Managers

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chantilly, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in February 2011.

The process started out with a phone interview with talent acquisition. She gathered basics on salary requirements, what I was looking for as far as the position goes, verified my employment history, etc. A week later, I had a group interview with the hiring manager, engineering manager and business development lead. This consisted of questions related to my resume, how I would handle certain situations at work, my experience in SW development, change management and project management, etc. I was able to ask a lot of questions about the position as well. After that interview, I was asked to come back the following week to meet with the customer. That was more of a meet and greet than an interview. After that, I was asked to come back in a third time to meet with the Director (who was in vacation during the previous two times I was on site). Two days later, I was offered the position at my requested salary.

Interview Questions
    • What is your experience as a project manager for a large scale IT project?   View Answer
    • How do you handle implementing change within an organization?   Answer Question
    They offered me the salary I requested so there was no need to negotiate salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in March 2009.

Hiring process went fairly quickly and without hiccups. The Recruiting Manager in Atlanta; however, was extremely ineffective, and lacked visible skills

Anonymous Employee  in  Woodland Hills, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in June 2008.

Approximately four 1:1 interviews with various managers. Good leadership / management team. Excellent literature describing division / products. Were able to make a hiring decision quickly. Interview occurred because they were looking to expand program management capabilities. Technology / science intensive company - suitable for those with strong technical background, even for jobs on the business side.

Anonymous Employee  in  Reston, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in June 2009.

The process was relatively easy. I interviewed for a job a I know well. It was time consuming and tedious. I had the phone screening, one on one and the panel interview. I'm an experienced Program Manager so it was hard for them to come up with something I couldn't deal with. Advice do your research in advance. Know the contract.

Interview Questions
    • What would I do if the customer asked me to hire his wife.   View Answer
    • What would I do if I found out one of my managers had been advising employees to use the wrong charge code.   View Answers (2)

They told me previously I could work closer to D.C. but that changed. I didn't want the long commute

Program Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in January 2009.

Very few questions as I already knew the hiring manager and his staff from a previous position. Cordial interviews. No surprises. EXTREMELY long on-boarding process after I'd already accepted their offer.

Interview Questions
    • No surprises. Past projects and programs. Biggest successes and failures in previous projects/programs.   Answer Question
    They low-balled me, as expected.

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!