Northrop Grumman

Updated Oct 5, 2014

2.4

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Project Manager Interview

I received a phone call from the HR department and scheduled an interview after applying 1 week earlier. The interview wen very well with a total of 10 behavioral questions and other questions regarding my past experiences and education. Very comfortable and smooth interview.

Interview Questions
  • The most difficult question was about specific inventory control.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Northrop Grumman

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

My interview lasted 2.5 hours and included a tour. I was interviewed by the supervisor of the position and the Facility Director. I heard about all the current projects and future planned projects. They were very pleasant and easy to talk to. They asked about my experience then I asked them specifics about their internal process.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't really stumped with anything that was surprising.   View Answer
    No negotiating.

Project Manager Interview

Went through an email prescreen where I typed up answers to basic questions. The overall interview consisted of me sitting down with 4 employees who went around and asked me several questions. They asked what I knew about the company and how I had handled different types of situations in the past (like handling an issue working in a team). They also asked me my strengths and weaknesses. It was a basic, fair interview.

Project Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Straight-forward, two-person panel interveiw using a checklist.
    I was unable to answer one question rearding how the company specifically performed an industry-wide practice.
    My resume referenced plenty of related experience, so the off-script questions were mostly about my personality.
    They didn't tip their hand as to how I did, or how competetive the opening was.
    Both panelists were professional and friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Northrop Grumman in August 2013.

two phone interviews, then an email questionaire, then put in front of customer, almost no support with how to handle the customer, no interaction with hiring manager despite several attempts which seemed to be a bother. meeting with customer was a disaster because of the lack of preparation by NG hiring manager. questions were all softball even though position was highly technical.

Interview Questions
    • why were you let go after 24 years of top performance?   View Answer

I didn't want to go thru another lay off experience like the other one

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in March 2013.

Interview scheduling was fast (1 week) I was notified 3 days after the interview that they were considering an offer. 10 days later, I was given the official offer letter. The company has excellent HR and recruiting staff that guided me throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were about previous experiences and management methods I had used.   Answer Question
    The offer was good. Did not negotiate

Project Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

You will be heavely screened by their HR department, If you actually make it to an interview you have a very good shot of getting a job. They screen candidates so heavely before they actually see the hiring manager that the candidates they send forward are more than likely going to get selected for something. I interviewed one time with a group of people and I was offered a postion the same day.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me what you did in the Army that can translate to what you can do for me?   View Answer
    They really didnt negotiate, they have so many people that apply if you turn it down they just move onto the next person.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in November 2009.

Did not do a phone interview. Recruiter called me and told me to prepare for a face-2-face interview with the hiring manager. Only net him for an hour in a private room in visitor center. He shared a lot about the project. He told me and the recruiter that it had been an excellent interview and he would let me know in three weeks. He never made a decision.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Northrop Grumman in February 2009.

They asked stupid questions like how I would be able to handle additional work, which everyone asks.

No negotiation.