Northrop Grumman

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Northrop Grumman

Interview Details – Went through an email prescreen where I typed up answers to basic questions. The overall interview consisted of me sitting down with 4 employees who went around and asked me several questions. They asked what I knew about the company and how I had handled different types of situations in the past (like handling an issue working in a team). They also asked me my strengths and weaknesses. It was a basic, fair interview.

Interview Question – On a scale of 1 to 10, how competitive are you?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in August 2013.

Interview Details – two phone interviews, then an email questionaire, then put in front of customer, almost no support with how to handle the customer, no interaction with hiring manager despite several attempts which seemed to be a bother. meeting with customer was a disaster because of the lack of preparation by NG hiring manager. questions were all softball even though position was highly technical.

Interview Question – why were you let go after 24 years of top performance?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I didn't want to go thru another lay off experience like the other one

Reston, VA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in February 2009.

Interview Details – They asked stupid questions like how I would be able to handle additional work, which everyone asks.

Interview Question – Why are you applying for this job)?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Project Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview Details – Straight-forward, two-person panel interveiw using a checklist.
I was unable to answer one question rearding how the company specifically performed an industry-wide practice.
My resume referenced plenty of related experience, so the off-script questions were mostly about my personality.
They didn't tip their hand as to how I did, or how competetive the opening was.
Both panelists were professional and friendly.

Interview Question – Explain our Contractor Inventory Control process.   Answer Question

Springfield, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in March 2013.

Interview Details – Interview scheduling was fast (1 week) I was notified 3 days after the interview that they were considering an offer. 10 days later, I was given the official offer letter. The company has excellent HR and recruiting staff that guided me throughout the entire process.

Interview Question – All questions were about previous experiences and management methods I had used.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was good. Did not negotiate

Project Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview Details – You will be heavely screened by their HR department, If you actually make it to an interview you have a very good shot of getting a job. They screen candidates so heavely before they actually see the hiring manager that the candidates they send forward are more than likely going to get selected for something. I interviewed one time with a group of people and I was offered a postion the same day.

Interview Question – Can you tell me what you did in the Army that can translate to what you can do for me?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They really didnt negotiate, they have so many people that apply if you turn it down they just move onto the next person.

El Segundo, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in November 2009.

Interview Details – Did not do a phone interview. Recruiter called me and told me to prepare for a face-2-face interview with the hiring manager. Only net him for an hour in a private room in visitor center. He shared a lot about the project. He told me and the recruiter that it had been an excellent interview and he would let me know in three weeks. He never made a decision.

Interview Questions

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!