Northrop Grumman

Relevance Date Difficulty

Quality Engineer Interview

Quality Engineer
Saint Augustine, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in July 2009.

Interview Details – When I was first hired, they asked a lot of questions about my experience in the military. It wasn't a stressful interview or one with canned questions - they were very personable. When they asked questions, they were happy to clarify the type of answer they were looking for. When I later changed positions, the interviews were pretty informal and essentially just a "check in the box for HR".

Interview Question – They were looking for a skill set that I had in college, but not one that I had used in industry. The question was "Have you ever modeled a process via simulation? If so, what software platform did you use?"   View Answers (3)

Negotiation Details – I had been out of college for over 2 years - at the time, 3 years was the cutoff for being considered a college hire. The good thing was that a department requisition was not required. The bad thing was that the offer was non-negotiable (but it wasn't bad).

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!