Northrop Grumman Senior Mechanical Designer Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Senior Mechanical Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in January 2009.

Got a call from an in-house recruiter on a Saturday morning. He said they had a n opportunity and I appeared to be a great fit for the position. Asked if I was open to relocation. Since I had no opportunities in Miami, Florida I said of course I'll relocate. He then said they would fly me in for an interview. I arrived at the interview the next week. Due to my broad experience and many years of experience they hired me on the spot. Although they hired me I had to wait 4 months for the background check to conclude. Since this is a national security government contractor, all employees must pass the background check or you don't make it back there. Once that was done it took about another 2-3 weeks to have my things picked up and shipped there. They provided temp housing and food allowance until I found my own place. They even got me a real-estate agent to drive me around all day to find apartments. Very class act.

Interview Questions
  • If you have any secrets about your past, they will find it and ask you about it. The truth is the most important thing. Also, if you owe a lot of money you will not get a job there. Owing a lot of money makes you a target for spies to try and recruit you by offering large sums of cash. So if you don't have your finances in order, regardless of your high qualifications, you are not getting in.   Answer Question
They have set salaries established and they will not budge. It's either you want the job or not. They do their homework before making an offer and I think they do a good job to give you a fair starting salary.