Northrop Grumman

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Development Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in March 2010.

The supervisor and lead interviewed together.
They asked many technical questions and a few "abstract" questions.
The technical questions were relevant to the work they were doing in regards to programming, client-server technology and database access.
The abstract questions were along the lines of, "What do you think is your biggest weakness is?".

Interview Questions
  • "What do you think your biggest weakness is?"
    I always have trouble with this.
    Sometimes they want to know the answer in regards to job duties sometimes they are looking for a more personal experience type answer.
    I've learned to just ask what the question is pertaining to.
    In this instance they wanted to know professionally and personally.

Answer Question
The offer for employment was so good, there were no negotiations. They made an unbelieveably good offer and I accepted.

Other Interview Reviews for Northrop Grumman

Software Development Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rapid City, SD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rapid City, SD

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in October 2008.

The interview was fairly straight forward. They asked me to describe my previous experience and what I had done at each job as it related to the technical skills required for the job I was interviewing for. Their were specific questions regarding ethics, accountability and integrity. The technical questions were mild compared to what I had experienced with Microsoft and Fisher Controls, but this may have been due to the fact that I had lots of verifiable experience in the field. I would be a good idea to review UML and CMMI for this interview as they are a major part of Northrop Grumman's system of development.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a specific instance where you faced an ethical dilemma, were asked to do something unethical, or advised to lie about something. Describe how you handled the situation and why you handled it the way you did.   View Answers (2)
    There really wasn't much room for negotiation due to the economic crisis. I was just happy to get a good job that actually paid more than my previous one, though it did pay below the industry norm. Northrop Grumman specifically picked Rapid City, SD for a "National Workforce Center" due to it's low wages and low cost of living, so they didn't have much incentive to pay as well as places in Denver or Minneapolis.