Northrop Grumman Software Engineer I Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Redondo Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman (Redondo Beach, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

First a call, discussing your prior experience, interests, projects, etc. Then they fly you out for a stay (if you're not local) and interview you more in depth on the same criteria mentioned above. Personality and group based questions.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions were: 1. How to split an 8-bit integer into two 4 bits. (Data structure). 2. What is wrong with this for loop question.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Northrop Grumman

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman (Bellevue, KY).

Interview

Upon arrival I was greeted before I even hit the receptionist desk. I was shown the break room and told I could help myself to a drink or snack. Few minutes later I was led into my interview room and the hiring managers were waiting to interview me. Most of the questions were very typical. What do you do now, what have you done in the past, where would you like to go, etc. HR kept in pretty good touch with me throughout the whole process. The only negatives about the process were (1) I noticed everyone wears a long sleeve dress shirt and tie. (2) As soon as our time was up I was cut off. I was literally in the middle of asking one of my questions and was interrupted to tell me our time was up. (3) I was not given reimbursement for my travel expenses.

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Northrop Grumman (Bellevue, NE) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview process was easy. General behavioral questions with the project lead and then spent time with a technical interview. Tech interview was mainly about things that I have worked on or studied and about the languages I knew. Essentially a resume overview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman (Melbourne, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

Very relaxed interview. Did not have any technical question, all about programming habits - likes, dislikes. Know your resume and you will do well. Everyone I talked to was very nice, there was time left over at the end so my interview showed me around the building. Very cool to see the inner workings. Received an offer over the phone and via email two weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. No reversing linked lists - just questions about what you know and your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

They bring you to their most high tech facility, give a tour of products, and schedule a 2 on 1 interview. This is somewhat misleading because you may not work at the interviewing facility. Request a tour of your real office.

Interview Questions

• n/a...no technical questions although this was likely due to my transcript. They only ask tech questions to those they're not sure of.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate but probably should've

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in May 2014.

Interview

Applied Online, took about 2 weeks for recruiter to call. She was nice, went over my resume and set up an phone interview. Phone interview was 1 hour very intense. Mainly went over resume, and ask in depth questions about projects I've worked on and also some behavioral questions. I was invited for a second in person interview later that week, was expecting a one one one however was met with a panel interview. They made me feel very comfortable and it was fairly straight forward and easy. Technical questions they asked were based on what is on your resume. It was my most difficult interviews of all the jobs I applied for however, it was due to being unprepared.

Interview Questions

• The questions they asked are derived on what you've listed on your resume. For me they went more into my projects and what programs I used and how I went about challenges.   Answer Question

Negotiation

entry level position, did not negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Azusa, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Northrop Grumman (Azusa, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

The panel interview consisted of few department managers who talked about what they each handle. it took about 3 hrs total and the questions were easy (no technical questions) just going over the resume. There were behavioral questions. The follow up after the interview sucked.. I emailed after to thank the interviewees and everything looked good but when I didn't hear back from them in a week, I emailed the HR and they didn't respond.. after couple of months they responded with (you no longer under consideration)

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Long Term goals? Talk about team projects and your role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman (Huntsville, AL) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online through my college's career website. I heard from a recruiter two weeks later and did an on-site interview. The interview was typical. They asked about skills listed on my resume and a few behavioral question.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None needed.

Anonymous Employee in Redondo Beach, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Redondo Beach, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online through their website. The process took 2 weeks before I got a phone call from Human Resources requesting an on-site interview. I then interviewed at Northrop Grumman in March 2014.

Interview Questions

• None. They broke down my resume and asked some behavioral questions. Very straight forward. Interview consisted of two separate hour interviews. The first interview was with two members from the software team. Second interview was with Hiring Manager and Engineer Manager.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Orlando, FL).

Interview

From the beginning the process was smooth, they contact me via phone and set up the interview right away. The day of the interview I did not expect I was going to be interviewed by really young people, one of them did not have to much knowledge of my degree, did not have any question for me. It was a pleasant experience after all.

Interview Questions

• I was ask about the courses I took back in college and what I did in a particular class, that have nothing to do with the position I was been interviewed for. I thought it was out of content, but I answer it.   Answer Question

Salary and working hours, they told to expect to work from 50 to 60 hours a week.