Northrop Grumman

2.4

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in October 2014.

Very relaxed interview. Did not have any technical question, all about programming habits - likes, dislikes. Know your resume and you will do well. Everyone I talked to was very nice, there was time left over at the end so my interview showed me around the building. Very cool to see the inner workings. Received an offer over the phone and via email two weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions
  • There were no difficult questions. No reversing linked lists - just questions about what you know and your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Northrop Grumman

Software Engineer I Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

They bring you to their most high tech facility, give a tour of products, and schedule a 2 on 1 interview. This is somewhat misleading because you may not work at the interviewing facility. Request a tour of your real office.

Interview Questions
    • n/a...no technical questions although this was likely due to my transcript. They only ask tech questions to those they're not sure of.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate but probably should've

Software Engineer I Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in May 2014.

Applied Online, took about 2 weeks for recruiter to call. She was nice, went over my resume and set up an phone interview. Phone interview was 1 hour very intense. Mainly went over resume, and ask in depth questions about projects I've worked on and also some behavioral questions. I was invited for a second in person interview later that week, was expecting a one one one however was met with a panel interview. They made me feel very comfortable and it was fairly straight forward and easy. Technical questions they asked were based on what is on your resume. It was my most difficult interviews of all the jobs I applied for however, it was due to being unprepared.

Interview Questions
    • The questions they asked are derived on what you've listed on your resume. For me they went more into my projects and what programs I used and how I went about challenges.   Answer Question
    entry level position, did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in April 2014.

I applied online through my college's career website. I heard from a recruiter two weeks later and did an on-site interview. The interview was typical. They asked about skills listed on my resume and a few behavioral question.

None needed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redondo Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redondo Beach, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Northrop Grumman in March 2014.

I applied online through their website. The process took 2 weeks before I got a phone call from Human Resources requesting an on-site interview. I then interviewed at Northrop Grumman in March 2014.

Interview Questions
    • None. They broke down my resume and asked some behavioral questions. Very straight forward. Interview consisted of two separate hour interviews. The first interview was with two members from the software team. Second interview was with Hiring Manager and Engineer Manager.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

From the beginning the process was smooth, they contact me via phone and set up the interview right away. The day of the interview I did not expect I was going to be interviewed by really young people, one of them did not have to much knowledge of my degree, did not have any question for me. It was a pleasant experience after all.

Interview Questions
    • I was ask about the courses I took back in college and what I did in a particular class, that have nothing to do with the position I was been interviewed for. I thought it was out of content, but I answer it.   Answer Question

Salary and working hours, they told to expect to work from 50 to 60 hours a week.

Software Engineer I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

I was contacted for an initial interview, which was the basic interview which was with a HR. Basically just went over my resume, plans, what I was looking for etc. Got an e-mail for a second interview with an engineer. Had a problem scheduling the interview, but finally found one that works. Waited an entire hour after the given interview time but no call.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McClellan, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McClellan, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

I applied for the position through my university's job board. Was contacted for a 45-minute phone interview. It was fairly standard, essentially just a resume walk-through and a discussion of skills and experience with languages list on the resume in addition to any projects I have used the languages in.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, just be prepared to effectively elaborate on anything pertinent you have done.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in November 2012.

My initial contact with the company was through our school career fair. I did not receive an on-campus interview; however, after about a month I was invited to an on-site interview. Several other candidates attended as well. We were introduced to the company by several panels of employees (young and old). We were then put through two interviews. Each interview consisted of 2-3 interviewers in a small office. The interviews were very down-to-earth. There were standard H.R. type questions and several questions regarding project and job experience. Several of the candidates were asked very technical oriented questions. I myself was not.

Interview Questions
    • [paraphrasing] "You are an electrical engineer. This is a software engineering position. Prove to me that you have what it takes to work here."   Answer Question
    I did not attempt to negotiate. The initial offer was more than satisfactory.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in October 2012.

Got an email saying they had my resume in their database and wanted to schedule an interview. I interviewed with two team leads, which consisted completely of behavioral questions and went very well. Got a call back for a second interview with one of those team leads, plus two others, plus the department head. It was mostly a rehash of the first interview with the only technical question being about Unit Testing. The team lead that interviewed me both times said I did great and they would do my review, which was about 3 weeks ago. Haven't heard from them since.