Northrop Grumman Software Engineer Interview Questions

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

I applied, I waited and then I got an interview. The recruiter was shady, never answered any of my emails. But eventually I went to the interview. The interviewers were really unprofessional, I was suppose to be interviewed by 3 interviewers at 2. Only 1 interviewer showed up like 30 minutes late. This guy was nice, respectful, then later another interviewer came this guy was perhaps the rudest person I've ever met, he asked me a question and didn't give me any time to respond.

Other Interview Reviews for Northrop Grumman

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Aurora, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in January 2010.

Phone interview led to being invited to Colorado to College Day event. After a serious of interview sessions, we were taken to a nice dinner in downtown Denver. After a week or two, I received a verbal and then a written offer. I came to work for Northrop Grumman after completing my Masters Degree.

Interview Questions
    • I was not asked any unexpected or difficult questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in September 2010.

Easy. Manager sits down and reviews resume and ask a few other things that may pertain to the position and if you have knowledge of it. Be truthful.

They gave me an offer with was more than I expected, but was told to never accept the first offer. I asked the recruiter if that is the best they could do because of my qualifications, and she asked what I had in mind. I told her and she came back with an offer $2400 more than what I asked for. It floored me, so I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Annapolis Junction, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis Junction, MD

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in October 2013.

Month One: Standard interview, got the job offer a few days after the interview. I pass background check. It was contingent on customer approval. I start waiting for interview with customer. Weeks go by with zero contact from recruiter.

Month Two: Recruiter disappears. No response to weekly emails and phone calls. Odd.

Month Three: I am passed to new recruiter and told project will be ramping up over months three and four. Great! But no response to email at end of month three. Not worried yet

Month Four: No response to weekly emails and phone calls asking about next steps. Voicemails left as well but no response. It's now been two months with no response and no word on what happened to 'ramp up' on accepted job offer. Unacceptable.

Month Five: I am passed to third recruiter via email. He has no idea what is going on but will check with PM. He never gets back to me. I haven't heard from him in two weeks. Shockingly he doesn't respond to email or voice mail. t guess I don't have an offer after all.

I've been in the business over 20 years and no company recruiters have ever treated me as badly as at Northrop Grumman. I guess they just don't care

At this point i don't really want to work for this company any more.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a problem with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

I got laid off right before Thanksgiving, the was a large ad in the Sunday paper.
    That was back in 2000, so that has changed to a process of a resume web-submittal then an interview with the locatiion site manager, proposed supervisor and proposed co-worker, all at once in a conference room, on a 1 hour schedule so you could see the earlier competitor leaving and the next one coming.

Interview Questions
    • They wanted to know how I would create new ideas for process improvement (never documented before)?   View Answer
    • Why did you not try to implement process quality at your last employer?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in January 2013.

The Interview process was very long. The different managers were there to gauge whether I would be a good fit for the job. I walked into different interviews nervous and definitely exicted. The managers acted as though they did not want to be there. I was over the whole process. I think this is a great company but remember how you are viewed.

Interview Questions
    • He asked me about Linked List vs Arrays? I have not thought much about this since freshman year of college.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boulder, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in October 2009.

Standard phone interview and in person

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Met with them through the recruiting events at my university. They looked at my work experience and they booked me for an interview. They are the nicest people I have encountered while job hunting, no competition in that regard!!!

Interview Questions
    • I wasnt asked any technical questions other than which languages i know(C,C++, Java, Linux) etc. I wasnt asked any mind boggling puzzle questions or anything.   Answer Question

Seems like an amazing place to work, but they dont pay like the big software companies where you can get 90-100K, the most you'll get here is 75. I would have loved to work there otherwise!!

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interviewed by a 6 person panel. Mostly project and tech questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bethpage, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethpage, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

The interview was with 3 senior software engineers. They asked me questions about my college courses and about my knowledge of the life-cycle of software. I was not given any tests or asked any programming specific questions.

Interview Questions
    • I was not asked any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!