Northrop Grumman Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 10, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northrop Grumman (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied on their website, got immediate email reply with screening questions, questions are very detail, generally from your past experience to relocation assistance, and to salary questions. Then called in with behavioral questions. The HRs/interviewers are very nice. The pay they offered is considerably low compare to most of the other companies

Interview Questions

• Anticipated salary? Are you willing to relocate? What experiences you have related to this position.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Northrop Grumman

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

The recruiting manager interviewed me over the phone for 30 minutes and then I went in for the in-person interview in Colorado Springs. Had to drive there from 120 miles away. The project manager was very pleasant but the technical interview was very difficult as the technical management asked questions many graduate students do not know. They seemed that they were unimpressed and had already had a guy that they were going to hire.

Interview Questions

• Las Vegas Method, Anonymous Interclassing   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

I applied online and got a random call one day about 5 weeks after I applied. The recruiter called me and asked me if he could ask me a few technical questions. This was a almost like a pop quiz because I was not expecting an interview. After telling him I wasn't expecting it, he just told me he was just gauging my knowledge without interview preparation. Overall, it was a pretty easy interview, more about experiences and conceptual questions instead of having to write code.

Interview Questions

• C++ questions regarding object oriented programming, asked basic conceptual questions about stacks, queues, STL. did not have to write code, talked about past experience, interests in software, basically gauged knowledge of code and software   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I first got an email from a recruiter asking to schedule a phone interview with me. Then I had two more phone interviews, 3 senior managers interviewed me each time. Two weeks later, I got an offer.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I applied, I waited and then I got an interview. The recruiter was shady, never answered any of my emails. But eventually I went to the interview. The interviewers were really unprofessional, I was suppose to be interviewed by 3 interviewers at 2. Only 1 interviewer showed up like 30 minutes late. This guy was nice, respectful, then later another interviewer came this guy was perhaps the rudest person I've ever met, he asked me a question and didn't give me any time to respond.

Interview Questions

• The traveling salesman question.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Northrop Grumman (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

I got laid off right before Thanksgiving, the was a large ad in the Sunday paper. That was back in 2000, so that has changed to a process of a resume web-submittal then an interview with the locatiion site manager, proposed supervisor and proposed co-worker, all at once in a conference room, on a 1 hour schedule so you could see the earlier competitor leaving and the next one coming.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know how I would create new ideas for process improvement (never documented before)?   1 Answer
    • Why did you not try to implement process quality at your last employer?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Met with them through the recruiting events at my university. They looked at my work experience and they booked me for an interview. They are the nicest people I have encountered while job hunting, no competition in that regard!!!

Interview Questions

• I wasnt asked any technical questions other than which languages i know(C,C++, Java, Linux) etc. I wasnt asked any mind boggling puzzle questions or anything.   Answer Question

Seems like an amazing place to work, but they dont pay like the big software companies where you can get 90-100K, the most you'll get here is 75. I would have loved to work there otherwise!!

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Interviewed by a 6 person panel. Mostly project and tech questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis Junction, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Northrop Grumman (Annapolis Junction, MD) in October 2013.

Interview

Month One: Standard interview, got the job offer a few days after the interview. I pass background check. It was contingent on customer approval. I start waiting for interview with customer. Weeks go by with zero contact from recruiter. Month Two: Recruiter disappears. No response to weekly emails and phone calls. Odd. Month Three: I am passed to new recruiter and told project will be ramping up over months three and four. Great! But no response to email at end of month three. Not worried yet Month Four: No response to weekly emails and phone calls asking about next steps. Voicemails left as well but no response. It's now been two months with no response and no word on what happened to 'ramp up' on accepted job offer. Unacceptable. Month Five: I am passed to third recruiter via email. He has no idea what is going on but will check with PM. He never gets back to me. I haven't heard from him in two weeks. Shockingly he doesn't respond to email or voice mail. t guess I don't have an offer after all. I've been in the business over 20 years and no company recruiters have ever treated me as badly as at Northrop Grumman. I guess they just don't care At this point i don't really want to work for this company any more.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a problem with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethpage, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman (Bethpage, NY).

Interview

The interview was with 3 senior software engineers. They asked me questions about my college courses and about my knowledge of the life-cycle of software. I was not given any tests or asked any programming specific questions.

Interview Questions

• I was not asked any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question