Northrop Grumman

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineering Interview

Software Engineering
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview Details – I applied, I waited and then I got an interview. The recruiter was shady, never answered any of my emails. But eventually I went to the interview. The interviewers were really unprofessional, I was suppose to be interviewed by 3 interviewers at 2. Only 1 interviewer showed up like 30 minutes late. This guy was nice, respectful, then later another interviewer came this guy was perhaps the rudest person I've ever met, he asked me a question and didn't give me any time to respond.

Interview Question – The traveling salesman question.   View Answer

Aurora, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in January 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview led to being invited to Colorado to College Day event. After a serious of interview sessions, we were taken to a nice dinner in downtown Denver. After a week or two, I received a verbal and then a written offer. I came to work for Northrop Grumman after completing my Masters Degree.

Interview Question – I was not asked any unexpected or difficult questions.   Answer Question

Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in September 2010.

Interview Details – Easy. Manager sits down and reviews resume and ask a few other things that may pertain to the position and if you have knowledge of it. Be truthful.

Negotiation Details – They gave me an offer with was more than I expected, but was told to never accept the first offer. I asked the recruiter if that is the best they could do because of my qualifications, and she asked what I had in mind. I told her and she came back with an offer $2400 more than what I asked for. It floored me, so I accepted.

Annapolis Junction, MD

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in October 2013.

Interview Details – Month One: Standard interview, got the job offer a few days after the interview. I pass background check. It was contingent on customer approval. I start waiting for interview with customer. Weeks go by with zero contact from recruiter.

Month Two: Recruiter disappears. No response to weekly emails and phone calls. Odd.

Month Three: I am passed to new recruiter and told project will be ramping up over months three and four. Great! But no response to email at end of month three. Not worried yet

Month Four: No response to weekly emails and phone calls asking about next steps. Voicemails left as well but no response. It's now been two months with no response and no word on what happened to 'ramp up' on accepted job offer. Unacceptable.

Month Five: I am passed to third recruiter via email. He has no idea what is going on but will check with PM. He never gets back to me. I haven't heard from him in two weeks. Shockingly he doesn't respond to email or voice mail. t guess I don't have an offer after all.

I've been in the business over 20 years and no company recruiters have ever treated me as badly as at Northrop Grumman. I guess they just don't care

At this point i don't really want to work for this company any more.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had a problem with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Indianapolis, IN

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview Details – I got laid off right before Thanksgiving, the was a large ad in the Sunday paper.
That was back in 2000, so that has changed to a process of a resume web-submittal then an interview with the locatiion site manager, proposed supervisor and proposed co-worker, all at once in a conference room, on a 1 hour schedule so you could see the earlier competitor leaving and the next one coming.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know how I would create new ideas for process improvement (never documented before)?   View Answer
  • Why did you not try to implement process quality at your last employer?   View Answer

Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in January 2013.

Interview Details – The Interview process was very long. The different managers were there to gauge whether I would be a good fit for the job. I walked into different interviews nervous and definitely exicted. The managers acted as though they did not want to be there. I was over the whole process. I think this is a great company but remember how you are viewed.

Interview Question – He asked me about Linked List vs Arrays? I have not thought much about this since freshman year of college.   View Answer

Boulder, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in October 2009.

Interview Details – Standard phone interview and in person

Interview Question – Not very difficult   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview Details – Interviewed by a 6 person panel. Mostly project and tech questions.

Interview Question – None. Mostly personality questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview Details – Met with them through the recruiting events at my university. They looked at my work experience and they booked me for an interview. They are the nicest people I have encountered while job hunting, no competition in that regard!!!

Interview Question – I wasnt asked any technical questions other than which languages i know(C,C++, Java, Linux) etc. I wasnt asked any mind boggling puzzle questions or anything.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Seems like an amazing place to work, but they dont pay like the big software companies where you can get 90-100K, the most you'll get here is 75. I would have loved to work there otherwise!!

Bethpage, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview Details – The interview was with 3 senior software engineers. They asked me questions about my college courses and about my knowledge of the life-cycle of software. I was not given any tests or asked any programming specific questions.

Interview Question – I was not asked any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Northrop Grumman

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!

Northrop Grumman Videos

Northrop Grumman – Why Work for Us?

We invite you to learn more about Northrop Grumman’s varied businesses and our rich history of innovation. Northrop Grumman continues to manufacture some of the most cutting-edge technology and products. As a member of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northrop Grumman Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 23 interview reviews posted anonymously by Northrop Grumman employees and interview candidates.