Northrop Grumman

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview Details – I gave a recruiter my resume at a career fair. About a month and a half later I got an email to set up a phone interview. The interview was mostly behavioral with a few technical questions to get a feel for my technical background. About a couple weeks later I got a phone call saying that they were sending me an offer and I got it in an email later that day.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Software Engineering Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in February 2013.

Interview Details – I signed up for an on-campus interview with the company when they came for our university Career Fair, but "due to scheduling conflicts" I was given a phone interview (screen) with a recruiter. I thought it went very well and I was told that I would be "moving on" and my resume would be passed along to hiring managers of the departments I mentioned I was interested in.

Four weeks then went by and I heard nothing, but the recruiter had told me that hiring managers have real jobs, too, so it might take a while. I contacted my recruiter and was told my resume is still being sent around; after another three weeks, my email to the same recruiter has not been replied to.

Interviewed at Northrop Grumman

Interview Details – Talked to the hiring manager through email until I received an interview. The interview wasn't too long or difficult. They asked me about past projects, and about Java since it was the language they used.

Carson, CA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview Details – Took us to onsite interview. There were two rounds. The first round was with an engineer that was working on their projects and the second one was with a manager. Very basic behavioral questions. Asked mainly questions from the resume and about your experiences. Other than that nothing particularly hard or technical. Interviewers were really nice and overall it was a good experience.

Interview Question – What are your strength and weakness?   Answer Question

Intern Engineer Software Interview

Intern Engineer Software
San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in February 2009.

Interview Details – Hired through job fair at University of California - San Diego. Most of screening process appears to be done at the resume level, by the time I was brought in for an interview, it seemed to be only a formality. Very few technical questions asked, expectations for an intern are low, it seems.

Negotiation Details – I was pleased with the rate offered, and did not negotiate. It appears interns for salaries at this company are not negotiable, but I'd recommend for any other position.

San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in July 2009.

Interview Details – I got an email setting up an on site interview. When I got there, there were 3 guys waiting for me. They ask me mostly non technical stuff and explained their projects to me. The only other thing they ask were my past experience and general stuff about explain what an API is.

Interview Question – Describe what an API is and why it is useful?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – GOod

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Software Engineering Intern

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in March 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed for a position within Aerospace Systems via phone. Interviewer was very accommodating of my other deadline offer and was very helpful describing the position. They asked what were my experiences in school with certain technologies and a few behavioral questions, as well as what sort of job I was looking for in the future.

Interview Question – Describe your background.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Northrop Grumman

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!

Northrop Grumman Videos

Northrop Grumman – Why Work for Us?

We invite you to learn more about Northrop Grumman’s varied businesses and our rich history of innovation. Northrop Grumman continues to manufacture some of the most cutting-edge technology and products. As a member of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northrop Grumman Software Engineering Intern interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Northrop Grumman employees and interview candidates.