Northrop Grumman Software Engineering Intern Interview Questions

2.0

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

I gave a recruiter my resume at a career fair. About a month and a half later I got an email to set up a phone interview. The interview was mostly behavioral with a few technical questions to get a feel for my technical background. About a couple weeks later I got a phone call saying that they were sending me an offer and I got it in an email later that day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Northrop Grumman

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

Talked to the hiring manager through email until I received an interview. The interview wasn't too long or difficult. They asked me about past projects, and about Java since it was the language they used.

Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Carson, CA).

Interview

Took us to onsite interview. There were two rounds. The first round was with an engineer that was working on their projects and the second one was with a manager. Very basic behavioral questions. Asked mainly questions from the resume and about your experiences. Other than that nothing particularly hard or technical. Interviewers were really nice and overall it was a good experience.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in February 2013.

Interview

I signed up for an on-campus interview with the company when they came for our university Career Fair, but "due to scheduling conflicts" I was given a phone interview (screen) with a recruiter. I thought it went very well and I was told that I would be "moving on" and my resume would be passed along to hiring managers of the departments I mentioned I was interested in.

Four weeks then went by and I heard nothing, but the recruiter had told me that hiring managers have real jobs, too, so it might take a while. I contacted my recruiter and was told my resume is still being sent around; after another three weeks, my email to the same recruiter has not been replied to.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Diego, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

I got an email setting up an on site interview. When I got there, there were 3 guys waiting for me. They ask me mostly non technical stuff and explained their projects to me. The only other thing they ask were my past experience and general stuff about explain what an API is.

GOod

Intern Engineer Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Diego, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

Hired through job fair at University of California - San Diego. Most of screening process appears to be done at the resume level, by the time I was brought in for an interview, it seemed to be only a formality. Very few technical questions asked, expectations for an intern are low, it seems.

Negotiation

I was pleased with the rate offered, and did not negotiate. It appears interns for salaries at this company are not negotiable, but I'd recommend for any other position.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in March 2010.

Interview

Interviewed for a position within Aerospace Systems via phone. Interviewer was very accommodating of my other deadline offer and was very helpful describing the position. They asked what were my experiences in school with certain technologies and a few behavioral questions, as well as what sort of job I was looking for in the future.