Northrop Grumman Systems Engineer III Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2015

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Pretty standard interview. Asked about previous experience, why I wanted to leave my old job, etc. No real technical "challenge" questions. If you have ever interviewed for a position with a defense contractor before, it is very much the same.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northrop Grumman

Systems Engineer III Interview

Interview

They were only interested in five schools nationwide. It was incredibly important to show up to their meeting at the career fair. I was surprised by the job opportunity. I'd never considered going in this direction previously, but at their meeting I was convinced to pursue further. The interview process consisted of one interview on campus the next day, followed by a 2nd interview on the phone, and finally a 3rd interview on site. They flew me out for the final interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation was possible w.r.t. total compensation.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Sacramento, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

I was made aware of a job opportunity through a former member of my research group reaching out to my advisor at school to solicit applications. After a brief phone interview, they brought me on site the following week. That interview was with many people for 20-30 minutes each, 1 HR person, 4-5 engineers, 2 managers (boss and boss's boss). No hard technical questions, but a few from the engineers. Overall people were friendly and helpful. Got an offer the following week.

Interview Questions

• Asked about ambiguities on antenna arrays (interviewing for a radar group).   Answer Question

Negotiation

They opened up a level III position because of my (pending) Ph.D. I also got a $5000 signing bonus, without asking.