Northrop Grumman

2.6

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in October 2014.

My interview was scheduled at the SWE Conference and it was pretty informal. I interviewed with several engineers at different departments and each was very courteous. Each engineer wanted to make sure that I was a good fit for their team and if I wasn't a good fit for their team they referred me to another team where my qualifications fit better. At the end of the interview, the systems engineering manager stated that they would be extending an offer within the next two weeks; now, I am currently in the hiring process.

Interview Questions
  • The technical questions were not difficult to answer at all. If you have even the slightest experience in the field/position you are applying, it will be a cake walk.   Answer Question
I am currently in the negotiation phase.

Other Interview Reviews for Northrop Grumman

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

was easy, nothing difficult, was called by hiring manager for an onsite interview, was interviewd by 3 hiring managers for 3 different program, got an offer one week after. process took 4 weeks

no room for negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Meadows, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in June 2014.

Applied online via the Northrop Grumman careers website. Contacted by hiring manager via email a few months later. Initial phone interview with hiring manager and an RF systems engineer. Brought in for an on-site interview at the Rolling Meadows facility a few weeks later. Met with HR representative for a few minutes, followed by a panel interview with six or so employees. Mixture of functional managers and RF and EO/IR technical personnel. Asked to give a general overview of my experience / skillset, followed by a couple questions about my resume and some situational / behavioral questions. Opportunity to ask questions. Afterwards met with one of the higher up EO/IR managers, before finishing up with HR. Short tour of the facility to see the cafeteria area and new gym with showers. Whole interview took about 2 hrs. HR said they would be in touch. Followed up with HR via email a few weeks later. HR representative was kind enough to let me know they were moving in another direction.

Post interview treatment with regards to travel reimbursement was less than professional. Since I was traveling from out of town, HR had me contact the corporate travel agency to make flight, hotel, and rental car arrangements. Normally, this is billed directly to the company. Unfortunately, the hotel that they normally use for direct billing was fully booked, so I had to pay for the hotel out of pocket. I was told by the travel representative and the Northrop HR representative that this would be reimbursed. After the interview I mailed the receipts for hotel and other expenses to the HR representative as they requested. Three to four weeks later I sent an email to the HR representative inquiring if they had received the receipts since I had not yet received reimbursement. When the HR representative did not respond after a week, I sent another email to both HR representatives inquiring if they had received the receipts and were able to get the expense report into the processing queue. When I did not hear back from either HR rep, I sent an email to the hiring manager inquiring if he needed anything else from me in order to process the travel expense reimbursement. It has now been over two months and I have not received travel reimbursement or even an email from either HR rep or the hiring manager with regards to the expenses I submitted. As I point of comparison, I later interviewed with another Fortune 500 company and was reimbursed for travel expenses within 11 days. If you do interview with Northrop and have to travel from out of town, you may not be reimbursed for meals, hotel, and rental car gas even if they tell you that they will reimburse you beforehand.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. Standard questions and resume, technical experience, and some situational / behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Asked by a friend to submit a resume because they were not satisfied with their applicants. After submitting I was scheduled for a phone interview with two of my co-workers to be. Neither was management level, although that seemed to be an outlier. Softball questions, asked about knowledge of Excel, what can I apply from my major, etc.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, very informal, laid back phone interview.   Answer Question
    I was given a good offer over $20 hr for a first time intern so I accepted without negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Meadows, IL

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Your basic panel interview. A group of 4 people sat around a table and asked mostly basic questions.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had a problem that you could not solve?   View Answer
    Much too long. It took 6 months for me to get them up to a reasonable offer.

Overall easy interview.

Interview Questions
    • One question asked about project design that I was not familiar with.   Answer Question

System Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

2 interviews with hiring manager. Not very technical. Just asking questions to see if you fit the group and if you are able to do the work.

I didn't negotiate but should have.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearfield, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearfield, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in April 2012.

Met with four members from different departments within the company. They each worked from a list of questions that they were required to ask regarding my experience, education, and personal goals. They were friendly and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • They asked typical questions like: how would you resolve a dispute, do you have leadership experience, why should be pick you over other candidates, etc....

They also seemed interested in my education goals. They asked if I would be interested in continuing my education (graduate school) if I accepted a full time position with them.

Answer Question
    I received a standard offer because I was interviewing for an internship. I knew the details of the offer before I even interviewed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in August 2010.

contacted via HR department. Had a phone interview and a follow up interview on site. Offer was submitted the next day.

accepted initial offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redondo Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redondo Beach, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in June 2010.

Initial contact was at the college career fair. I was scheduled for a campus interview (UCLA) within the next week. And then I was contacted by a hiring manager at Space Park to come in for a panel interview about a couple weeks later. Interview was with 3 different engineers and engineering managers. Relatively easy questions, nothing too technical, mostly conceptual questions.

Interview Questions
    • No question was too difficult. I was asked, "There are 2 different types of workers in the work force. Those who try to learn everything first, then attack their task, and others who bring their ideas to the project and learn as the project as they go while trying to applying their ideas. How would you come up to speed on this project?"   Answer Question