Northrop Grumman Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Mar 27, 2015

2.4

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in January 2015.

Applied and was contacted by a recruiter within 3 days. 2 days later they asked me to come in for an interview. 2 weeks passed after before they let me know that an offer was not going to be extended. very easy process and they were very friendly and accessible.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in November 2014.

Recruiter reached out to me same day I submitted my application with several followup screening questions. Once sent, the recruiter responded 3 days later indicating the hiring manager would like to interview me in person. An interview was scheduled for one week later.

The security instructions in entering the building was detailed to let me know what to expect.

On the day of the interview, a panel of three people sat me in a conference room where they asked questions about my background and my experience. They were extremely friendly and professional. Toward the end of my interview they were honest that this position may not be the best fit for me, however there was another position in which I was more suited for.

So a week later, I was called in for a second interview for the other position. The panel was two people indicating what the position would be like. Again very professional and very friendly.

I heard back with a decision in less than 3 business days.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Excellent! NGC was organized and had great communication. The time between interviewing and the next step and the next and the offer was slow. I figured I wasn't moving forward, but then they called.

Yes, very reasonable

Optical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Belvoir, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Belvoir, VA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in September 2014.

I applied online and was contacted a few weeks later. i had three telephone interviews the; first a general interview with a manager, then a technical interview with an engineer, and finally a conversation with the government customer with whom I'd be working.
    The in-person interview occurred two weeks later. It consisted of a series of 1-on-1 interviews which took all morning, followed by a lunch with the manager, and another quick interview after lunch. Nothing unexpected, we simply discussed the type of work I would be doing and how it tied into my previous experience.
    I understood there were other candidates for the job, and i was given a date on which a final decision would be made. Unfortunately, this was the last I ever heard from them, even when i tried to make contact later I didn't receive any response at all.

GlobalProgram Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in July 2014.

Applied online my filling out forms. Was contacted after about 2 weeks for a phone interview with a Northrop Grumman HR Representative. Was asked questions about experience outside of engineering as well as cultural experience. Ultimately did not get a job offer because the program was cancelled due to lack of participants.

Interview Questions
    • When are you graduating? Tell me a little bit about your specific areas of interest.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in July 2014.

Odd for an EA role; initial interview was with the manager, second interview was with five multidisciplinary individuals, one having at one time been an assistant. It was admitted to me that I was the first person they were trying this interview style on; I found it awkward. The questions asked didn't fully pertain to someone in a support role. But I gave them points for trying a new style.

Interview Questions
    • In your last job what did you do creatively?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in March 2014.

HR was very helpful with framing expectations before interview. HR walked me to and from meeting and wanted my feedback. Interviewer was helpful with current and future expectations of the position.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in February 2014.

Phone screen. Very basic questions surrounding experience as it relates to position. No behavioral or technical questions. The recruiter simply checked to see if I met the basic qualifications for the position and then scheduled a second phone interview with hiring manager \team. I declined the interview because I was not interested in the position after getting further details from the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your experience with each aspect of the jobs basic qualifications   View Answer

I declined because I was not interested in the position.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in November 2013.

I was interviewed by two managers for each of the positions I was being considered for. After they described each job they asked me which one I would prefer. After I chose the more technical side the manager for the job I chose began to ask me about 8 or 9 technical questions from the info on my resume. After that they asked me if I had any questions and the interview ended. It was very short to be honest and it seemed as though they had already made they're minds up before the interview started.

Interview Questions
    • The technical questions were my hardest issue I would say because I said that most of my experience with the technology was beginner or in a classroom setting. I didn't believe this would be an issue because the job required less than a year of experience online.   Answer Question

Senior Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenbelt, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenbelt, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

The interview process was great. Upon review of my resume, an HR Representative contacted me for a date and time to interview. I met with him briefly, then met with the Sales Manager and a couple of members of the sales team. I heard back fairly quickly that I would be receiving my offer letter and instructions to complete the mandatory drug screening.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any really difficult questions during this interview, as I have experienced in others. It was straight-forward, experience-based, position-based, and professional. No "if you were a tree" type of questions.   Answer Question
    The base salary offered was an increase from my previous position so I was satisfied at the time. However, I would always advise at least a little bit of negotiating without being greedy or pushy.