Northrop Grumman

2.5

36 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in November 2014.

Recruiter reached out to me same day I submitted my application with several followup screening questions. Once sent, the recruiter responded 3 days later indicating the hiring manager would like to interview me in person. An interview was scheduled for one week later.

The security instructions in entering the building was detailed to let me know what to expect.

On the day of the interview, a panel of three people sat me in a conference room where they asked questions about my background and my experience. They were extremely friendly and professional. Toward the end of my interview they were honest that this position may not be the best fit for me, however there was another position in which I was more suited for.

So a week later, I was called in for a second interview for the other position. The panel was two people indicating what the position would be like. Again very professional and very friendly.

I heard back with a decision in less than 3 business days.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Excellent! NGC was organized and had great communication. The time between interviewing and the next step and the next and the offer was slow. I figured I wasn't moving forward, but then they called.

Yes, very reasonable

Optical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Belvoir, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Belvoir, VA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in September 2014.

I applied online and was contacted a few weeks later. i had three telephone interviews the; first a general interview with a manager, then a technical interview with an engineer, and finally a conversation with the government customer with whom I'd be working.
    The in-person interview occurred two weeks later. It consisted of a series of 1-on-1 interviews which took all morning, followed by a lunch with the manager, and another quick interview after lunch. Nothing unexpected, we simply discussed the type of work I would be doing and how it tied into my previous experience.
    I understood there were other candidates for the job, and i was given a date on which a final decision would be made. Unfortunately, this was the last I ever heard from them, even when i tried to make contact later I didn't receive any response at all.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in March 2014.

HR was very helpful with framing expectations before interview. HR walked me to and from meeting and wanted my feedback. Interviewer was helpful with current and future expectations of the position.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in November 2013.

I was interviewed by two managers for each of the positions I was being considered for. After they described each job they asked me which one I would prefer. After I chose the more technical side the manager for the job I chose began to ask me about 8 or 9 technical questions from the info on my resume. After that they asked me if I had any questions and the interview ended. It was very short to be honest and it seemed as though they had already made they're minds up before the interview started.

Interview Questions
    • The technical questions were my hardest issue I would say because I said that most of my experience with the technology was beginner or in a classroom setting. I didn't believe this would be an issue because the job required less than a year of experience online.   Answer Question

Senior Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenbelt, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenbelt, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Northrop Grumman.

The interview process was great. Upon review of my resume, an HR Representative contacted me for a date and time to interview. I met with him briefly, then met with the Sales Manager and a couple of members of the sales team. I heard back fairly quickly that I would be receiving my offer letter and instructions to complete the mandatory drug screening.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any really difficult questions during this interview, as I have experienced in others. It was straight-forward, experience-based, position-based, and professional. No "if you were a tree" type of questions.   Answer Question
    The base salary offered was an increase from my previous position so I was satisfied at the time. However, I would always advise at least a little bit of negotiating without being greedy or pushy.

Computer Systems Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in May 2013.

Applied online with my resume and recieved a call from the recruiter asking if I was available for a phone interview, Was offered the job and flew out and met the customer and they were pleased with my in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you make yourself a part of our team?   View Answer
    Negotiation was mostly about salary and starting time. I asked for their salary range and asked for a little above it and recieved it. I asked to start immediately and I was started within 2 weeks.

Systems and Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in March 2013.

NGC is a big company and it shows. You don't really have an offer until you have a written one in hand - even if the recruiter says they're going forward with an offer and you'll see it in a few days.

The long version:

Two recruiters told me that they wanted me to interview for three NGC positions. My first two interviews went so well that one recruiter advised me to abandon the third lead. One recruiter emails me on a Thursday to tell me that they're going forward with an offer and that I should hear something early the next week.

I didn't hear anything for two weeks after I was told I would be getting an offer in a few days. I delayed accepting another offer to give NGC a chance to follow through on their promised offer. My emails/voicemails to the recruiter went unanswered.

I eventually had to give up on NGC based on the recruiters' lack of response. I accepted another offer and courteously informed all my POC at NGC that I am withdrawing my interest. Only then did that job-offering recruiter reply back to tell me that they filled the position internally.

Since I had already withdrawn, I cannot fathom any professional purpose justifying their telling me that they have selected another candidate. (you didn't really withdraw your interest, we rejected you!) That information would have been relevant and professional before I withdrew. Instead, the recruiter ignored me while I tried to give them consideration with another offer in hand.

Everybody in the interviews themselves were very nice, pleasant, and professional. My negative experience came afterwards with the recruiters and, possibly, the hiring managers.

In theory, I had three leads, two very interested hiring managers, and one offer of employment. In reality, I had bad communication, recruiters not returning my calls, a false job offer, and a spiteful response telling me that my withdrawal was moot because I would not have been hired anyway.

Interview Questions
    • Nobody interviewing me was at/above my level of knowledge. The interview questions were actually their current problems and my answers seemed like they were more like "free consulting ideas" than an evaluation of my abilities and experience.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in March 2013.

Interview scheduling was fast (1 week) I was notified 3 days after the interview that they were considering an offer. 10 days later, I was given the official offer letter. The company has excellent HR and recruiting staff that guided me throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were about previous experiences and management methods I had used.   Answer Question
    The offer was good. Did not negotiate

Military Capabilities Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northrop Grumman in January 2013.

This being my first interview while transitioning out of the military, I had no idea what to expect. When I sat down and interviewed with the hiring manager for a job I was currently doing in uniform, it seemed to go well. The hiring manager acted like my friend and everything seemed like it would work out in my favor. I was told I would hear back from the interviewer in few days, but it took over two weeks to hear anything and it was simply that I was no longer in consideration and I would be contacted by the company. I was never contacted by the company. During the whole interview process the hiring manager acted as if it was a foregone conclusion that the job was mine.