Northrop Grumman

Relevance Date Difficulty

Computer Systems Analyst III Interview

Computer Systems Analyst III
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in May 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online with my resume and recieved a call from the recruiter asking if I was available for a phone interview, Was offered the job and flew out and met the customer and they were pleased with my in person interview.

Interview Question – How would you make yourself a part of our team?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was mostly about salary and starting time. I asked for their salary range and asked for a little above it and recieved it. I asked to start immediately and I was started within 2 weeks.

Systems and Network Engineer Interview

Systems and Network Engineer
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in March 2013.

Interview Details – NGC is a big company and it shows. You don't really have an offer until you have a written one in hand - even if the recruiter says they're going forward with an offer and you'll see it in a few days.

The long version:

Two recruiters told me that they wanted me to interview for three NGC positions. My first two interviews went so well that one recruiter advised me to abandon the third lead. One recruiter emails me on a Thursday to tell me that they're going forward with an offer and that I should hear something early the next week.

I didn't hear anything for two weeks after I was told I would be getting an offer in a few days. I delayed accepting another offer to give NGC a chance to follow through on their promised offer. My emails/voicemails to the recruiter went unanswered.

I eventually had to give up on NGC based on the recruiters' lack of response. I accepted another offer and courteously informed all my POC at NGC that I am withdrawing my interest. Only then did that job-offering recruiter reply back to tell me that they filled the position internally.

Since I had already withdrawn, I cannot fathom any professional purpose justifying their telling me that they have selected another candidate. (you didn't really withdraw your interest, we rejected you!) That information would have been relevant and professional before I withdrew. Instead, the recruiter ignored me while I tried to give them consideration with another offer in hand.

Everybody in the interviews themselves were very nice, pleasant, and professional. My negative experience came afterwards with the recruiters and, possibly, the hiring managers.

In theory, I had three leads, two very interested hiring managers, and one offer of employment. In reality, I had bad communication, recruiters not returning my calls, a false job offer, and a spiteful response telling me that my withdrawal was moot because I would not have been hired anyway.

Interview Question – Nobody interviewing me was at/above my level of knowledge. The interview questions were actually their current problems and my answers seemed like they were more like "free consulting ideas" than an evaluation of my abilities and experience.   Answer Question

Military Capabilities Analyst Interview

Military Capabilities Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in January 2013.

Interview Details – This being my first interview while transitioning out of the military, I had no idea what to expect. When I sat down and interviewed with the hiring manager for a job I was currently doing in uniform, it seemed to go well. The hiring manager acted like my friend and everything seemed like it would work out in my favor. I was told I would hear back from the interviewer in few days, but it took over two weeks to hear anything and it was simply that I was no longer in consideration and I would be contacted by the company. I was never contacted by the company. During the whole interview process the hiring manager acted as if it was a foregone conclusion that the job was mine.

Interview Question – There was no difficult or unexpected question.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in November 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring process was a piece of cake. Interview consistent of fair questions regarding my work experience. I was never put on the spot by a question. In addition, all hypothetical questions asked were fair and the intent was to get a feel for how the candidate would react in certain situations. All in all a most pleasant experience.

Interview Question – The most difficult question would be what is my worst mistake and how did I learn from it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase took no more than 30 days. Just a bit of back and forth and then the final offer.

Very Easy Interview

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator
Washington, DC

I applied in-person - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in October 2008.

Interview Details – I was already supporting the customer that Northrop Grumman won the contract from. The government organization that I was supporting had already requested that I remain to continue supporting them as a Northrop Grumman employee. I had already worked at that government site for over 10 years prior to Northrop Grumman winning the contract. Therefore my interview was easy.

Interview Question – None. I was already working in the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. I was already working in the position. They gave me a $2,500 pay raise.

Very Easy Interview

Cyber Software Engineer I Interview

Cyber Software Engineer I
Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in March 2012.

Interview Details – Met company recruiter at a career fair. Did a 2:1 on-site interview. I described all technical experiences on my resume. I was asked a few other behavioral questions.

About 2 weeks later i was called in for an on-site interview with a senior engineer/manager. I re-explained technical experience on my resume. It was stated verbally at the end of the interview that I would get an offer.

I got an offer about 3-5 days later.

Interview Question – You seem like a hardware focused guy. Would you be interested in a position that is software focused.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my starting salary. I thought the salary was average and a 10% increase would have put it in the competitive range. I called my HR recruiter back and requested a 10% increase and stated a few reasons why. (Experience etc.).

I was told the offer was a standard college offer but that they would check. A few days later i was told an increase was not possible. I responded that i would need more time to determine if i would accept the offer at that price point. The HR recruiter called back later that day stating they could get a 5% increase.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in April 2008.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a call back for my resume after a few weeks. Talked 1 on 1 with interviewee. The process basically consisted of myself going into detail about the contents of my resume and talking about my past projects and how they would benefit me at this company.

Interview Question – Explain how you would have changed some of the management aspects of your previous employers?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got another Offer more convenient to lifestyle and location

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Washington, DC

The process took a day - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in March 2010.

Interview Details – unprofessional recruiters.

I interviewed with this company twice for two different positions.

for both positions, the same pattern from recruiters! they send an email, I send them back the information they are asking for. Then disappear, then out of the blue, they call and want to schedule an interview ASAP. I say ok, tomorrow, then boom! they disappear! Calling/sending emails does not help.

Until I received the rejection automatic email from their system saying I was was rejected.

Though, both interviews went very well. Asked technical questions that nobody cares about! I answered them well !

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!

Northrop Grumman Videos

Northrop Grumman – Why Work for Us?

We invite you to learn more about Northrop Grumman’s varied businesses and our rich history of innovation. Northrop Grumman continues to manufacture some of the most cutting-edge technology and products. As a member of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northrop Grumman interview questions and advice in Washington, DC. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Northrop Grumman employees and interview candidates.