Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Northside Hospital
- Patient Care Technician (3)
- Staff RN (3)
- RN (2)
- Registered Nurse (2)
- Supervisor (2)
- Food Service (2)
- Pharmacy Technician (1)
- Pct (1)
- Patient Access Representative (1)
- Lab Tech Assistant (1)
- New Grad RN (1)
- Environmental Services Support Tech (1)
- Pct II (1)
- Pre-Registration (1)
- Mother/Baby Residency Program (1)
- Mother/Baby PCT (1)
- Working With Family When Patients Are Having Surgery (1)
- Clinical Nurse (1)
- Nurse (1)
- Nurse Extern (1)
- Customer Service Representative (1)
- Scheduler/Secretary (1)
- Instrument Technician (1)
- Staff Nurse (1)
- Respiratory Therapist (1)
- Echo Tech (1)
- Clinical Specialist (1)
- Clinician (1)
- Intern (1)
- Medical Technologist (1)
Helpful (3)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Northside Hospital.
The typical online application, HR recruiting will call and want to set up a pre-screening interview. Basically like a practice run and the actual interview, will give you more information on the process. If chosen, then they will schedule you an interview with the nursing managers. They start with a meet and greet, then nurse education sits and talks to you about why Northside. Listen carefully during this, I used information from this portion in my interview. Then you go to your panel style interview. After, you have a brief tour of the hospital. They'll contact you in 24-48 hours, I heard back in 24 hours.
- Why choose Northside? Answer Question
- Where do see yourself in 2-5 years? Answer Question
- What would you do in a this situation? Answer Question
- Tell us when you went above and beyond customer service expectations Answer Question
- Situational and behavioral questions Answer Question
- Have you ever been late? Answer Question
- Have you ever felt like quitting in school? Answer Question
No negotiations, they have a set amount they offer.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Northside Hospital (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.
I applied online and waited about a month before I was called by my HR recruiter and set up an interview. I was brought in for a brief interview with my HR recruiter, which was basically just me telling her about myself, and then she took me over to interview with the two managers of the department I would be working in. Once I made it past that interview, the managers set up a panel interview with my potential team members, to see if my personality worked well with the team dynamic. Everyone was very kind and welcoming, and made me feel like they wanted me there.
- Describe a time where you went above and beyond for someone. What would you do if you had too much work to do and not enough time to do it in? They really emphasize the team dynamic, so if you're not a team player, or don't think you can be, this would not be a good job for you! Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Northside Hospital (Atlanta, GA).
Quick and Easy, painless, efficient, organized, easy to navigate the online system. I would recommend submitting your online application first and then calling HR and asking to speak to a RN recruiter and leaving her a message to pull your application out of the stack
- What is a time that you have had a difficult encounter with a patient? 1 Answer
Due to the high demand of nurses, there are several shifts available with different rates of pay in terms of full, part time and per diem. Explore all of your options up front
- Accepted OfferNeutral Experience
Northside encourages you to apply online. The recruiter reviews your application and calls and sets up interview that can be for any of the campuses with job positions available
- name the core measures Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northside Hospital.
Interviewed with the Supervisor and Manager and they asked questions about culutre and job functions, I also did a typing test and skills test related to pre-registration, insurance, EOBs, and call center etiquette and online registration knowledge as well as what to say when calling insurance companies to verify benefits and to determine patient accountability
- Why do you want to Northside Hospital Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Northside Hospital (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.
The interview process was a great experience! Didn't ask about my background or experience, but the interview was very successful. I did take a little tour around the Emergency Department and met some of the staff.
- What are your three strengths and weaknesses? Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at Northside Hospital (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.
Applied on line , I received and email that Northside hospital has sent me a prove it test , I never received a call from the recruiter, ( Monica Peltier ) I took the test and a survey and I was later sent an email about coming in for and interview . I went to the interview which was pretty easy , but I haven't heard back
- Why do you want to work at Northside ? Answer Question
Helpful (2)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Northside Hospital (Canton, GA) in May 2015.
The hiring process was pretty long. It took about 5 1/2 weeks. I got a call from a recruiter about 1-2 weeks after applying. She did a little phone interview and said she would forward my app to the hiring manager. A week later I got a call from the recruiter saying they were interested in scheduling an interview. She sent me a personality test and I sent it back completed. A couple days later I got a call from the hiring manager. She scheduled me an interview with someone else. The interview was super easy. She just took my resume, briefly asked about my experience and passion for healthcare, and sent me on my way! She said the recruiter would let me know by the following Monday. I got a call the following Tuesday saying I got the job! She negotiated pay based off of experience. They pay well!
- Why do you want to go into healthcare? Answer Question
Not really. Computer calculation based off of experience.
Helpful (1)No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at Northside Hospital (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.
Apply, send in a resume, do an online assessment. Pretty standard. I will say recruiter responds quickly if they are interested.. Northside needs experienced OR RNs and if you hold firm they will pay for you.
- what was your biggest regret in your life? Really? What does that have to do with a clinical RN? Answer Question
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northside Hospital (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.
The hiring process was very easy. First interview was with two Talent Recruiters and the second one was with the Hiring Manager of my unit. You must first go through the phone screening. They asking average interview questions and are really into real life expericences and how you would solve certain problems. They look for people who are willing to learn and are compassionate about the specific position.
- Describe a time where you demonstrated excellent customer service Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review