Northside Hospital Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2014
Updated Sep 19, 2014

2.4

Clinical Nurse Interview

Started off as a travel nurse. Basic casual interview questions over the phone. Describe a time where customer service was demonstrated. Was then offered a position after my contract was completed.

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Northside Hospital in September 2014.

Recruiters were very helpful and open. Panel interview with hiring managers was all behavioral questions as expected. Interview seemed very casual and conversational.

Everyone was VERY encouraging and positive, said they really wanted me on board. But then there was no offer when they said it would come. Weeks later I got the "thanks but no thanks" email. Seemed very unprofessional to drop me via email (late) after 2 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a clinical mistake you've made that affected patient care, how you handled it, and what you learned.   View Answer

Food Service Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Northside Hospital.

The interview/ hiring process is very long. It could take a few months to actually get a call from them about employment. Make sure to ask questions and get a good idea of what the job consists of.

Registered Nurse Interview

One day of interviewing included three managers and educator all in one day. Was offered position same day. Should have know.

No negotiation

Medical Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Northside Hospital in December 2013.

I applied online. HR representative called to set up a phone interview and asked me to fill out background check form and also a 6 page computerized skill test ( software by healthcaresource) , How dare a employer ask for personal info before a job offer. Does the Congress need to pass a law for this, so this does not happen.

The phone interview with hiring Manager and a Operations Manager went well, There were technical questions and also behaviour or social skills ques that are standard like conflict resolution, tardiness, communication , teamwork. punctuality,sick calls.

The HR called in 2 days for personal on site interview, They were not professional enough to give me information for parking as northside is a very big hospital,so I had to find that out on my own. I went on time keeping the Northside values mission but HR was not ready they were 30 minutes behind schedule. The meeting was same questions HR asks, conflict managemsent etc. The recruiter had never talked to me personally before this, She failed to give me pertinent information about the job,salary,benefits that matter for prospective employee. In 20 minutes she was finished and asked me to go to the hiring manager in the hospital building. I went there and waited by the information desk for the manager to pick me up. I waited and waited and nobody would come,so finally I called the lab dept and told them I was here to see so and so for interview. I kept waiting and then sfter half and hour she came.
    The interview went well,I told her HR did not give me any information about benefits and salary scale or so an had given me hints that I had lot of experience meaning I was overqualified. However the manager was very professional but was so understaffed that she had to ask another manager to take me around to show the lab so she could finish what she was doing and then show me around the area that I was supposed to work. I work in a lab so I could see that with all the procedures they do they were overworked and understaffed.I could not believe how they could maintain the quallity control and quality assurance with that kind of staff. I would think twice about visiting northside as a patient. Tere is no way such a understaffed place can produce results without making shortcuts. It is a plantation with no color bar.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult, just general workplace questions. Standard HR conflict resolution questions.   Answer Question

The number of employees were too low for the work load, Most of the employees were right out of school.There was not enough balance between experienced and inexperienced staff. They operate like private equity cut costs and giving CEO 2 million and performance based bonuses at the cost of lower payed staff. The workplace did not look very professional,Northside being in that posh North Buckhead area.

Respiratory Therapist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Northside Hospital.

Application, call-back, interview, then HR to get TB test, get fitted for n-95 mask, take drug test, and bring copies of credentials/vaccination records.

A/R Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Northside Hospital.

very tedious but worth it

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Northside Hospital.

Contacted by recruiter, invited for interview on-site, toured facilities, was introduced to upper management and prospective direct reports. Job offer almost immediately after interview, was able to negotiate higher pay.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of questions about my religion, totally not expected at the job interview.   Answer Question
    Very straight forward: prove years of relevant experience. When my arguments were accepted, pay went up.

Environmental Services Support Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Northside Hospital in February 2013.

Multiple interviews - initial with hiring manager, second with different manager and director/manager of department

No negotiation

Clinical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Northside Hospital in July 2011.

Rigorous! Be prepared for several interviews (five to eight), particularly panel interviews, and having your skills put to the test. Communication was excellent. Human resources was responsive and helpful. The people are genuinely nice and want to see you join their team.

Interview Questions
    • How would you help a staff member transition to the role of the leader, particularly if there was friction or conflict?   View Answer
    There wasn't any negotiation at this level, but the wage was fair and based upon a formula taking into account years of experience, education, certifications, etc.