Northside Hospital

Relevance Date Difficulty

Staff Nurse Interview

Staff Nurse
Atlanta, GA

I interviewed at Northside Hospital in January 2010.

Interview Details – If you don't get a call back after two weeks, call just say you'd like them to know you're still very interested and they'll likely call you back.

Interview Question – None really. As an experienced nurse, I've pretty much heard it all.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Pct II Interview

Pct II
Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Northside Hospital in February 2010.

Interview Details – the hiring process was quick and very professional the turn around time for results if you are hired was quick.

Interview Question – There was not any difficult question that I recall it was question regarding your experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation tools

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse

Interviewed at Northside Hospital

Interview Details – One day of interviewing included three managers and educator all in one day. Was offered position same day. Should have know.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Environmental Services Support Tech Interview

Environmental Services Support Tech
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Northside Hospital in February 2013.

Interview Details – Multiple interviews - initial with hiring manager, second with different manager and director/manager of department

Interview Question – None - be prepared for "STAR" questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Medical Technologist Interview

Medical Technologist
Atlanta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Northside Hospital in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online. HR representative called to set up a phone interview and asked me to fill out background check form and also a 6 page computerized skill test ( software by healthcaresource) , How dare a employer ask for personal info before a job offer. Does the Congress need to pass a law for this, so this does not happen.

The phone interview with hiring Manager and a Operations Manager went well, There were technical questions and also behaviour or social skills ques that are standard like conflict resolution, tardiness, communication , teamwork. punctuality,sick calls.

The HR called in 2 days for personal on site interview, They were not professional enough to give me information for parking as northside is a very big hospital,so I had to find that out on my own. I went on time keeping the Northside values mission but HR was not ready they were 30 minutes behind schedule. The meeting was same questions HR asks, conflict managemsent etc. The recruiter had never talked to me personally before this, She failed to give me pertinent information about the job,salary,benefits that matter for prospective employee. In 20 minutes she was finished and asked me to go to the hiring manager in the hospital building. I went there and waited by the information desk for the manager to pick me up. I waited and waited and nobody would come,so finally I called the lab dept and told them I was here to see so and so for interview. I kept waiting and then sfter half and hour she came.
The interview went well,I told her HR did not give me any information about benefits and salary scale or so an had given me hints that I had lot of experience meaning I was overqualified. However the manager was very professional but was so understaffed that she had to ask another manager to take me around to show the lab so she could finish what she was doing and then show me around the area that I was supposed to work. I work in a lab so I could see that with all the procedures they do they were overworked and understaffed.I could not believe how they could maintain the quallity control and quality assurance with that kind of staff. I would think twice about visiting northside as a patient. Tere is no way such a understaffed place can produce results without making shortcuts. It is a plantation with no color bar.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult, just general workplace questions. Standard HR conflict resolution questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The number of employees were too low for the work load, Most of the employees were right out of school.There was not enough balance between experienced and inexperienced staff. They operate like private equity cut costs and giving CEO 2 million and performance based bonuses at the cost of lower payed staff. The workplace did not look very professional,Northside being in that posh North Buckhead area.

Respiratory Therapist Interview

Respiratory Therapist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Northside Hospital.

Interview Details – Application, call-back, interview, then HR to get TB test, get fitted for n-95 mask, take drug test, and bring copies of credentials/vaccination records.

Interview Question – Interview was relaxed and straight-forward.   Answer Question

A/R Interview

A/R

I applied through other source and interviewed at Northside Hospital.

Interview Details – very tedious but worth it

Very Difficult Interview

Anonymous Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Northside Hospital in July 2013.

Interview Details – Initial interview was with the nurse manager which went pretty well; however a panel interview was followed with a couple of nurse clinicians, floor nurses, and supervisors. It was about 7 people which was very unusual for a staff nurse position. Very intimidating!

Interview Question – All situational questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Northside Hospital.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter, invited for interview on-site, toured facilities, was introduced to upper management and prospective direct reports. Job offer almost immediately after interview, was able to negotiate higher pay.

Interview Question – A lot of questions about my religion, totally not expected at the job interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very straight forward: prove years of relevant experience. When my arguments were accepted, pay went up.

Very Easy Interview

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Northside Hospital in April 2008.

Interview Details – all standard situational questions:
organizational skill
difficult situation/patient/client
prioritization
effective communication

If you have been to other interviews you shouldn’t have a problem with this one

appearance appearance appearance that is the key with this employer

Interview Question – The interview process was very informal
Questions were asked haphazardly and no notes were taken by anyone
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – low balled by the manager but you have stick your grounds

Worked for Northside Hospital? Contribute to the Community!