Northwest Administrators

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Las Vegas, NV

I applied online - interviewed at Northwest Administrators in January 2014.

Interview Details – Interview process is very quick and you are hired right away.

Interview Question – What has been your most difficult customer service experience.   Answer Question

File Clerk Interview

File Clerk

Interviewed at Northwest Administrators

Interview Details – HR directed me to the hiring supervisor I would potentially work under. This was a one on one interview. Interview was a review of my resume and experience. Afterwards, there was some skills test. There was a typing test, a number test, and a filing test. Most accurate and fastest score got hired.

Interview Question – No behaviorial questions and so questions were easy.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Northwest Administrators in May 2009.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend and sent my resume directly to HR. I was called for an interview. The HR person talked to me about the dress code, pay scale and benefits. Then I spoke to the supervisor from customer service. She told me all about moving from California to be closer to her children and lots of personal details about her life. I knew it was a red flag, but needed a job, so overlooked that. She didn't ask me any questions pertaining to my past experience.

Interview Question – The HR person asked standard questions about my former jobs, but the supervisor didn't ask anything. I did have to take a typing test which I didn't expect.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one. It was a union job and I was started within the pay scale for the position.

Phone Clerk Interview

Phone Clerk
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northwest Administrators in December 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very strange. They originally brought me in for an Auditor position. They did not ask me questions about what was important to me or what I valued. It was all based on prevous working experience.

Interview Question – There were not difficult questions for me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiations. It was either I accepted their parameters, or not. Needless to say, I am not there anymore and there is a reason for that.

Supervisor/Manager Interview

Supervisor/Manager
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Northwest Administrators.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very thorough. I met with several people, and everyone I met with was friendly and professional. In fact, I said after an interivew "can people at work really be this nice?" and they are. They let me know what to expect in the interview process, and they kept to it. When there were delays, they let me know about that too. It was really great.

Interview Question – I don't know that there was a difficult or unexpected questions, but they do ask a lot of open ended questions. Be prepared to talk about what you've done in the past and relate it to the job you're being interviewed for--so review the job description.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As mentioned, they are thorough. They do background checks on everyone. That can take a little bit of time. Be prepared. Also, they have union and nonunion employees so some jobs there is NO negotiations on things.

File Clerk Interview

File Clerk
Daly City, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Northwest Administrators in October 2011.

Interview Details – They were very professional, if a little slow. You have to take a 45 minute long typing/data entry/math test, which isn't difficult for most people with a little computer experience, medium literacy/spelling and a good foundation in basic math. Entry pay is good, although the work would be mind-numbingly boring (scanning documents for 8hrs a day). The office environment (even according to those who work there) seemed incredibly conservative and uptight for the bay area. As an LGBT job seeker, it did make me nervous about potential discriminatory attitudes within the office environment. It would have been nice to be offered the job, but I might have turned it down.

Interview Question – there was nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Junior Business Analyst Interview

Junior Business Analyst
Seattle, WA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Northwest Administrators in July 2010.

Interview Details – Expect a phone interview from a recruiter. Note that their job description is completely different from what you actually do. The recruiter has gotten in trouble by Northwest Administrators because of this, yet they continue to mis-represent the position. The only reason you will not pass this step is if you say that your GPA is below 3.0 or if you do not have a drivers license. Then you will be passed along to "management." Even if the recruiter does not like you they will just make note "We do not think this person is a good fit" but still send your resume out so don't worry. If you seem too qualified for the job (you have an MBA or Masters) you will automatically be cut, because "management" knows you will be over qualified for the job and most likely leave the company before a year is up for a more challenging job. If you pass "management"'s approval, you will be interviewed by the HR manager for the company with some basic qualitative questions. Then, by a member of "management".

Note: If you really want the job... you must make sure that you emphasise that you can do very mind-numbing work all day long and still maintain a positive attitude. Also stress that you always want to help others no matter what the tasks are. Also, stress that a stable employment is what you're looking for and you want to grow within the company. This company will always be around and they want people to stay as long as possible. I have heard from management that they will emphasize "work ethic" more than before, because of many bad candidates they received for this position--meaning they left after 3 or less months.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. If you suggest negotiation they will rescind the offer.

Junior Business Analyst (Actually Payroll Auditor) Interview

Junior Business Analyst (Actually Payroll Auditor)
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Northwest Administrators in March 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online to third party recruiter ("Another Source").

Received a phone interview shortly after applying (Basic HR type questions)

Received offer for in person interview a week later. Interview consisted of a 1 hour archaic Excel (2000?) and word processor (Notepad?) computer exam. Excel exam was straight forward and easy. Word Processing exam was mostly spelling correction, which made no sense. A 30 minute one on one interview with HR was followed by a one on one with the Audit Supervisor. During the interview, I became aware that the position was for a Payroll Auditor, not a Junior Business Analyst. The questions were simple and involved past experiences. Both interviewers concentrated on the ability to travel.

Interview Question – How flexible are you in regards to traveling for weeks at time?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, all Auditors start at exactly $2800 a month.

Manager Interview

Manager
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Northwest Administrators in July 2009.

Interview Details – Contacted by email, then phone interview. 2 inperson interviews with multiple person panels.References required prior to offer. Interviews were disjointed and unprepared - new positions with no clear job description, hours or duties.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your previous employers?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Couldn't get a good idea of the job details. Company is extremely strict with employee dress and other policies with no room for error. I decided the company wouldn't be a good fit for me beofre the offer but decided to continue with the process. After the offer I asked for some clarifications and was immediately sent an email saying they were rescinding their offer.

Management Interview

Management

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northwest Administrators in July 2011.

Interview Details – Communications very timely and ongoing. Very open dialog with everyone that I interviewed with (and I interviewed with executive management). After interviewing I was left with a strong desire to join this organization.

Interview Question – Most questions were general interview questions about management style and questions designed to get a better perspective of who I am as a leader.   Answer Question

Worked for Northwest Administrators? Contribute to the Community!