Northwest Airlines

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Flight Attendant
Memphis, TN

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Northwest Airlines.

Interview Details – Went to an open house they were having. Talked with a recruiter and thought because of her body language I had blown it. A month or 2 later they called asking me, how would you like to be a flight attendant? I literally screamed into the phone. I've always thought I probably caused him some hearing loss.

Negotiation Details – Be very open and flexible. Show your enthusiasm! Flying is the BEST JOB in the world!

Flight Attendant
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Northwest Airlines in July 2007.

Interview Details – They started with an online application and questioneer, they then had a staffing company call and they did an over the phone interview, asking all the general questions most employers ask. A few weeks later they sent an email with the dates to choose from for an in person interview. The in person interview was in Boston at a hotel in the airport. There were many people and many interviewers. I was really nervous and I filled out another questioneer and they met with us as a group for general information then I waited for a one on one interview. I met with a gentalman Flight Attendant first who was extremely nice and helped calm me down knowing how nervous I was. I then went on to a recruiter (Dean)who was the nicest person. He began interviewing me and was just as reassuring as the previous FA, and emphasized how important it was to just be myself and be honest. I did just that and at the end of the interview he hired me on the spot. I was just about in tears and so happy and he was so great, he said,"do you need a hug" and I did I was just so happy. I was fingerprinted on the premises and also drug tested in their facility down the road. I had a hearing test, eye exam and then went home and waited for all of the tests to be returned and a phone call as to when I would start training in Minneapolis. I recieved the call 3 weeks later all my tests came back cleared and i would start training in September. I was very impressed with the whole interview process, everyone was extremely friendly especially in comparison to the other airlines I had interviewed with. I was thrilled to be an employee of NWA.

Interview Question – You have 1 seat left on a flight, and you have 5 passengers waiting on standby, a military man in uniform, a pregnant woman, a woman and her infant child, an elite customer(one who is a frequent flyer of NWA), and a gentleman trying to go an see his ill sister. Who will be the one to get the empty seat on the flight, and why?   View Answers (5)

Negotiation Details – There really was no negotiating, they have terms and contracts and you can take it or not.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Northwest Airlines.

Interview Details – Asked a bunch of customer service oriented questions. How would you handle a difficult passenger? Tell me how you would handle a difficulty crew member. They basically wanted to know how well you work with people. They were interested in whether or not you had any international travel, as well as interactions with diverse groups of people.

Interview Question – No unusual questions   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Northwest Airlines? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northwest Airlines Flight Attendant interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Northwest Airlines employees and interview candidates.