Northwest Natural Products

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Assistant Brand Manager
Vancouver, WA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Northwest Natural Products in May 2012.

Interview Details – My interview process felt a little strange and rushed. A headhunter submitted my resume on my behalf, and I was called that day to schedule an interview for the very next day. I was interviewing for a lower level marketing position. After 10 minutes with the HR representative, I was put in a tiny room to fill out an application. The CEO of the company walked in, was very nice but only asked me 4 questions, then walked me over to the President's office in another building. She asked me much more specific questions, and we had a good connection. I left feeling good, and I was pretty sure I'd get a second interview. To my surprise, they called an hour later to offer me the job. They wanted me to start two weeks from that day, and were not very understanding that I wouldn't be able to put in my 2 weeks notice at my current position until the next day(!). I was pleased at the offer, but a little concerned that I hadn't gotten to meet anyone on the marketing team.

Interview Question – Have you purchased our product before?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I did some research on their company, and found on LinkedIn that only a handful of their marketing team had been there longer than a year. Then, I looked up their Facebook page, only to find that there was a fairly prominent Facebook page just devoted to disgruntled employees of NWNP. I called the HR representative to get clarification on their benefits (their offer letter was very vague), and also asked questions about expectations of employees and working hours. I was told that right now they are growing and that it was expected that their marketing team would be working late fairly often, and would often work weekends. That was just one too many red flags for me. I declined their offer.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Brand Manager Interview

Brand Manager
Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northwest Natural Products in March 2011.

Interview Details – First interview was with a hiring manager and was pretty straight forward and standard. I was invited back for a second round of interviews with a person from marketing and another HR manager. On the day of the second round neither interviewer asked me more than two questions. It was odd.

Interview Question – What are you looking for with a position at NNP?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Northwest Natural Products? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northwest Natural Products interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Northwest Natural Products employees and interview candidates.