Northwestern Medicine Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.7

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Northwestern Medicine (Lake Forest, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Hiring and interview process was very smooth. Interview set up through a temp agency. Great interviewing manager who asked a lot of detailed questions. Manager willing to work with my scheduale and very thankful she could find someone to do the overnight hours. However very confusing with where to go for interview. Went to HR and they had no idea who I was and where I should even be. After about 10 minutes they finally figured out where I should be and ended up being late to the interview because of this.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Physician Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Northwestern Medicine.

Interview

The process is painfully long and frustrating. You might be contacted by HR 3 months after initial application, then brought in by the department for an interview. My first interview with one Department went extremely well, and I was told by one person high on the decision making chain "Clearly you are the right person for the job. No one else has your experience. I'll make sure we get you on board ASAP." Then after hearing nothing further for 2 weeks I had to follow up to find the position was filled because someone knew somebody. Then I was called to interview for another department (again, 3 months after applying) and after another month with 2 rounds of interviews, still waiting. Almost not worth it.

Interview Questions

• Just basic questions about my experience, nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

RN Staff Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Medicine (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Lengthy but extremely informative. I worked with the RN Recruiter, Karen, and she was fabulous. Kept me informed of the hiring process and so nice to work with. I'm glad I accepted the offer to work here. Karen was also nice and worked with other nurses that I referred her to.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a patient or co-worker   Answer Question

Social Work Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Medicine (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process was pretty much straight forward. I received a call or phone screening to begin. We set up the in person interview which was team based. They asked straight forward questions and it was a breeze. I then followed up with a one on one interview with the director

Interview Questions

• Why am I intrested in the postion   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Interview

Very welcoming and positive walked in and met with the nurse manager and a clinical tech they explaied their expereince and the job and then let me shadow on the unit and another unit to see what it was like. All of the staff members were awesome

Patient Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Medicine (Chicago, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

After applying online, applicants must complete an hour-long survey online. Next was a phone interview, then an onsite interview. 1-2 weeks between each, so expect to have time in between where there is no communication whatsoever.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you dealt with a difficult customer. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Cardio/Pulmonary Transplant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northwestern Medicine (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through the online portal, a friend gave me a contact for the hiring department and was able to set up an interview within the week of application. Meet with two of the three managers, both were very nice and welcoming, very easy to talk with and felt comfortable asking questions

Interview Questions

• What is your end goal?, Where do you see yourself in 5 years?, Why do you want to work in Cardio/Pulmonary Transplant?, What made you switch careers? (used to be a teacher)   Answer Question

Negotiation

New Nursing Grad, no negotiation with hiring pay. I did ask because I have several years of medical experience, but when I asked why they said that it's because I have no experience as a nurse. Offer wasn't too bad though.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Medicine (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

The operations interviewer was really nice and helpful. She asked me a few questions that related to my clinical experience and my strengths and weaknesses. She asked me if I had any questions in addition to anything she didn't cover and she was very detailed with her answers. I had the opportunity to meet different managers on the unit including the operations manager and two other managers who were also very nice as well.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you can change?   1 Answer

Patient Access Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Northwestern Medicine in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call a week or two later. I had a phone interview, then came in to interview with a panel of three department managers from various departments. They asked the basic interviews questions......why was I looking for employment, what could I offer the company, how would I handle difficult situations.....

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I received a follow-up call a week or two after my in-person interview from human resources extending me a job offer, telling me the start date and salary amount. I started 3 weeks after I accepted the offer.

Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Northwestern Medicine (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Received call from HR rep, did over the phone question review, scheduled first interview with manager, went through basic position questions and was informed about the company. Went to the final interview with VP waiting for final call.