Northwestern Memorial Hospital

Getting the Interview

14 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Staff Nurse Interview

I applied in-person and interviewed at Northwestern Memorial Hospital.

Interview Details – Must fill out application on website. Straightforward interview/hiring process.

Interview Question – there weren't any unexpected questions. It was all very straightforward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was none

Physician- Hospitalist Interview

Physician- Hospitalist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Memorial Hospital.

Interview Details – You need to be top 5 percent of your graduating class to get an interview. For every 100 applicants, about 5 get interviews. Highly sought out location and organization. I would not apply unless you have been exceptionally successful. Especially the hospitalist group which is a highly skilled group of doctors.

Interview Question – They will grill you on what you can contribute to the organizaiton.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in December 2013.

Interview Details – I received a phone interview which I thought went quite well. The interviewer was very polite and prompted some really precise answers to her questions.

Interview Question – Have I ever been in a position where I had to make an important decision for the company.   View Answer

Housekeeping Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in August 2010.

Interview Details – Just want to know if you can perform the job. Previous experience

Negotiation Details – No negotiate pay scale same

Customer Service Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call from Human Resources to schedule a phone interview, after the phone interview I was asked to come in for a formal interview. After the in-person interview i was told that someone would contact me within a week and I never received a call and when I called and left a message no one returned my call.

Interview Question – They asked if I had any experience with their hospital software and said they were looking for someone who had experience with their software. My resume clearly stated what software I had experience in, what a waste of my time and theirs.   View Answer

Practice Manager Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Northwestern Memorial Hospital.

Interview Details – Applied online, completed phone screen. Then called in for interview with Director, and a 2nd interview with a physician at the practice. I assume I did not get the job; but no one ever followed up and formally rejected me. The same thing happened with someone else I know that interviewed for a different position. They do not let you know if you were not selected, even when you have interviewed in person.

Very Easy Interview

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse

I applied online and interviewed at Northwestern Memorial Hospital.

Interview Details – I applied on-line and was contacted by HR. I was living cross country so they initially did a phone interview with Human Resources. I then flew in and interviewed with the manager, received a tour of the Unit and was offered the position.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Coder Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Northwestern Memorial Hospital.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by HR just a couple of weeks later. I had an initial phone interview with HR and then an in-person interview with the coding manager. The interview was great; no unexpected questions and the manager made me feel very welcome. A week after the interview I was contacted by HR and offered the position.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Data Manager Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in October 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online in the Northwestern job search website. Within a couple of weeks, I received an offer for an interview. During the interview, I taked to a Clinical Operations Manager, who asked about my background and went through my resume with me. I also met other supervisors.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I received a call letting me know I was offered the job. Details such as salary and hours were predetermined by the job itself, so no further negotiation was necessary.

Project Analyst Operations Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in August 2009.

Interview Details – After I submitted the application online, I got a call from the HR staff first and did phone interview. After I passed that the hiring manager called me for an interview. The next was one on one interview with the hiring manager and group interview after that.

Interview Question – Most difficult was the group interview. I was asked many different type of questions not related each other.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Northwestern Memorial Hospital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northwestern Memorial Hospital interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Northwestern Memorial Hospital employees and interview candidates.