Northwestern Memorial Hospital

19 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Memorial Hospital.

Interview Details – The interview involved a shadow day followed by a group peer interview by the current unit staff as well as meetings with the department managers and directors. I was interviewing for two different positions within the same department so part of the shadow experience was to determine if one of the positions would be a better fit than another.

Interview Question – Clinical questions were presented in a very broad manner.   View Answer

Property Coordinator Interview

Property Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied on the website and got an immediate phone call from the HR Manager. We spoke for about 30 minutes on my current position and why I was looking to change my position. Everything was very straightforward. She really enjoyed our conversation and immediately asked me to come in.

Interview Question – They asked academic type of questions, none that stood out to be difficult. Not the usual questions during an interview.   View Answer

Staff Nurse Interview

Staff Nurse

I applied in-person and interviewed at Northwestern Memorial Hospital.

Interview Details – Must fill out application on website. Straightforward interview/hiring process.

Interview Question – there weren't any unexpected questions. It was all very straightforward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was none

Physician- Hospitalist Interview

Physician- Hospitalist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Memorial Hospital.

Interview Details – You need to be top 5 percent of your graduating class to get an interview. For every 100 applicants, about 5 get interviews. Highly sought out location and organization. I would not apply unless you have been exceptionally successful. Especially the hospitalist group which is a highly skilled group of doctors.

Interview Question – They will grill you on what you can contribute to the organizaiton.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in December 2013.

Interview Details – I received a phone interview which I thought went quite well. The interviewer was very polite and prompted some really precise answers to her questions.

Interview Question – Have I ever been in a position where I had to make an important decision for the company.   View Answer

Housekeeping Interview

Housekeeping
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in August 2010.

Interview Details – Just want to know if you can perform the job. Previous experience

Negotiation Details – No negotiate pay scale same

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call from Human Resources to schedule a phone interview, after the phone interview I was asked to come in for a formal interview. After the in-person interview i was told that someone would contact me within a week and I never received a call and when I called and left a message no one returned my call.

Interview Question – They asked if I had any experience with their hospital software and said they were looking for someone who had experience with their software. My resume clearly stated what software I had experience in, what a waste of my time and theirs.   View Answer

Practice Manager Interview

Practice Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Northwestern Memorial Hospital.

Interview Details – Applied online, completed phone screen. Then called in for interview with Director, and a 2nd interview with a physician at the practice. I assume I did not get the job; but no one ever followed up and formally rejected me. The same thing happened with someone else I know that interviewed for a different position. They do not let you know if you were not selected, even when you have interviewed in person.

Very Easy Interview

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse

I applied online and interviewed at Northwestern Memorial Hospital.

Interview Details – I applied on-line and was contacted by HR. I was living cross country so they initially did a phone interview with Human Resources. I then flew in and interviewed with the manager, received a tour of the Unit and was offered the position.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Coder Interview

Coder

I applied online and interviewed at Northwestern Memorial Hospital.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by HR just a couple of weeks later. I had an initial phone interview with HR and then an in-person interview with the coding manager. The interview was great; no unexpected questions and the manager made me feel very welcome. A week after the interview I was contacted by HR and offered the position.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Northwestern Memorial Hospital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northwestern Memorial Hospital interview questions and advice. All 19 interview reviews posted anonymously by Northwestern Memorial Hospital employees and interview candidates.