Northwestern Memorial Hospital Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

2.6

Histology Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northwestern Memorial Hospital.

First they call you for a pre-interview and ask basic questions, then if they like what they hear they will invite you for an in person interview.

In person they take you to the area to see what's going on and ask you a bunch of questions like where did you work before, working in groups, etc.

Practice Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Northwestern Memorial Hospital.

Applied online, completed phone screen. Then called in for interview with Director, and a 2nd interview with a physician at the practice. I assume I did not get the job; but no one ever followed up and formally rejected me. The same thing happened with someone else I know that interviewed for a different position. They do not let you know if you were not selected, even when you have interviewed in person.

Physician- Hospitalist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Memorial Hospital.

You need to be top 5 percent of your graduating class to get an interview. For every 100 applicants, about 5 get interviews. Highly sought out location and organization. I would not apply unless you have been exceptionally successful. Especially the hospitalist group which is a highly skilled group of doctors.

Interview Questions
    • They will grill you on what you can contribute to the organizaiton.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Memorial Hospital.

The interview involved a shadow day followed by a group peer interview by the current unit staff as well as meetings with the department managers and directors. I was interviewing for two different positions within the same department so part of the shadow experience was to determine if one of the positions would be a better fit than another.

Interview Questions
    • Clinical questions were presented in a very broad manner.   View Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Very easy..It seems that take a liking to people who already have healthcare experience. In the Administration, that's plus and it goes a long way with Physicians, clinical directors, etc

Data Analyics Consultant Interview

Initial phone screening with HR followed by onsite interview with a Director and Manager. Laid back, low pressure interview. Straightforward SQL test at the end of the interview. Called back for second round interview with team members the next week. Interviewed with three separate team members, also laid back and low pressure. Received an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • Initial phone screening included many rapid fire questions about job experiences ("talk about a time you handled a difference of opinion with a coworker," etc. If you understand the position and why you want it, everything after was fairly easy.   Answer Question

Unit Se Interview

It was very easy going and the managers are great. Always ask to shadow to make an everlasting impression on the hiring manager. Went in Monday for interview knew the same day I had got the job

Coder Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Northwestern Memorial Hospital.

I applied online and was contacted by HR just a couple of weeks later. I had an initial phone interview with HR and then an in-person interview with the coding manager. The interview was great; no unexpected questions and the manager made me feel very welcome. A week after the interview I was contacted by HR and offered the position.

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Northwestern Memorial Hospital.

I applied on-line and was contacted by HR. I was living cross country so they initially did a phone interview with Human Resources. I then flew in and interviewed with the manager, received a tour of the Unit and was offered the position.

No negotiation

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in March 2009.

I would suggest to candidates to keep applying to get your name seen. I applied 5 times before they called me in. It is best to find out who the recruiter is and then send them a cover letter and resume. DONT FORGET to send a thank you letter after the interview. After all it helped me land the job. Firt the candidate interviews with the HR recruiter. If you do well they take you to the manager of where you want to work. If not, they tell you we will contact you (but they will not) and they tell the manager you weren't a fit.

Interview Questions
    PCTs do not get a negotiated pay. There are in the union and have set pay rate no matter how many years of service a person has.