Northwestern Mutual
3.7 of 5 1,132 reviews
www.northwesternmutual.com Milwaukee, WI 5000+ Employees

Northwestern Mutual Assistant to Financial Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant to Financial Representative Interview

Assistant to Financial Representative
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in July 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by an HR representative who led me to believe I would be coming in to interview with her. When I arrived (early), i was told to wait for the representative I had my appointment with. After nearly an hour of waiting (the half hour I was early and another half hour), a gentlemen came in calling my name and introduced himself as one of the two financial representatives who would be supervising the position. He apologized for his tardiness and the fact that the other financial representative could not be at this meeting. Upon sitting down, in conversation, which went well, I asked if he had a copy of my resume...he did not! He reviewed and between my resume and our conversation (and later, my follow up) seemed to like me as a candidate. He told me I would still need to meet the other person who was working against some deadline for something more urgent than filling the position, and thanked me before going in our separate directions. I never met the HR representative. It took another week before the other financial representative contacted me to arrange an interview - which due to both of our schedules was far less formal: in a coffee shop at the end of our work day. Though he described the job duties differently from the first representative, I felt we still connected, though, it was not as strong as it had been with the first representative. With financial representatives, I followed up with a thank you email, which they never acknowledged. It was only when I was in communication with the HR rep that I was provided with any feedback. What frustrated me most was not that I was not offered a position, but rather that with all of the hands in the pot, I never did meet the HR rep in person, though her template email informing me of the fact that a choice to "go in a different direction" was made, stated that it had been her pleasure to meet with me.

Interview Question – What are some disadvantages that you may see to this position?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Assistant to Financial Representative Interview

Assistant to Financial Representative

Interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview Details – the company already had very bad reputation about burning its new recruits. so I was prepared before they asked questions about me. They don't pay you until you pass the series 63. You have to pay for the test on your own.

Interview Question – There is no difficult questions. They don't really care about you. They only care about how much insurance you can sale and how much revenue you can bring in.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Northwestern Mutual

Worked for Northwestern Mutual? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northwestern Mutual Assistant to Financial Representative interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Northwestern Mutual employees and interview candidates.