Northwestern Mutual

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in August 2010.

Interview Details – I needed to pass a personality test this test is not used anymore, but there is another that is used which is similar. . There was also a basic math and reading test. You had to answer as many questions as possible within a specified time frame. I also had to sit for an interview with the office manager, who would be my supervisor.

Interview Question – This was a perfectly strait forward interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation at the time of the offer

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in March 2009.

Interview Details – Three separate one on one interviews. Follow the packets they give you and you will be fine. Their main emphasis in on the number of referrals you bring in.

Interview Question – How can you display life insurance value to young people?   Answer Question

Mendota Heights, Dakota, MN

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in February 2012.

Interview Details – Was referred by a friend and got an interview. I was phoned by a recruiter and set up a meeting date. We met up for a pretty informal interview which lasted 30 minutes. She asked my to take a personality test to see if the position was a good fit. After I took the test I was phoned again by her for a follow up interview. This is where we went over the test and talked about the hiring process, and was made an offer.

Interview Question – Tell me three qualities that your friends would say you have.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The job wasn't a good fit.

Worked for Northwestern Mutual? Contribute to the Community!