Northwestern Mutual College Financial Representative Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I met my recruiter at a career fair at school and after a series of phone calls and emails, I was awarded an on-site interview. Super positive interview and very passionate about finding students who were the right fit for Northwestern Mutal. A packet was given to me, and I was suppose to complete it to see if I liked the sample of work I would soon be doing in the internship.

Interview Questions

• What was a hardship that you have faced and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

College Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

3 interviews, not too difficult. You have to also give a breakdown of your starting market that you will look to make clientele of yours. Ultimately, they just want to see that your hardworking and committed.

Interview Questions

• Why northwestern? What value will this internship have in your career   Answer Question

College Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Got referred by a friend and met the recruiter at the career fair. Very nice people and transparent throughout the whole process. First office interview was more geared toward NMFN and talking about what they had to offer and the next office interview we had to present a powerpoint to one of the reps.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Forks, ND

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Grand Forks, ND).

Interview

Standard Interview process all financial reps go through. First interview includes personality survey results and questions about your experience. Then explanation of how the program works. Received notification the next day for second interview with site manager. Much more in depth with various scenarios, but mostly in depth explanation of how NWM operates.

Interview Questions

• How can you identify a network of your own to sell insurance products?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Champaign, IL).

Interview

The entire contracting process is a long one. It took me 5 months to complete all the requirements. I met a recruiter at a college career fair and got a phone interview shortly afterward. After the second phone interview I had to take a personality quiz. Then I had a face to face interview where I was given a packet with 5 surveys and what was called Project 100. Another face to face interview followed after the completion of this. I then needed to take a life and health insurance class (about 15 hours over 2 days). The next step was to have my fingerprints scanned and sent in for a background check. Afterwards came traveling to a testing center to take the life and health insurance tests. Only after you pass these tests and pay the licensing fee are you contracted to start the internship.

Anonymous Employee in Pullman, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Pullman, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

3 separate interviews, two of which were done over Skype because I was at school. They were very polite and professional. The process was very flexible and they were able to adjust to the schedule of a college student.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Pretty easy. It mainly consisted of questions abut you and your background(high school, family, extracurricular, etc.). The interview then proceeds to standard interview questions( weaknesses, strengths, time when you were challenged, etc.).

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest strengths and your greatest weaknesses?   Answer Question

College Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Straight foreword interview, asked mostly questions about myself and why I'm interested. Mostly a behavioral interview with straightforward questions. No curveballs. I applied through the career website at my college and they got back to me within a couple of days. The interviewer was very friendly and easy to talk to. One of the easier interviews I've done. It was 30 minutes over the phone

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

Two - three stage interview process where you are encouraged to give your previous work experience and describe yourself. You should show that you've done research on the company and do not be afraid to ask questions about the position. Be energetic and confident!

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for this internship?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Portsmouth, NH).

Interview

applied online herd back a few Weeks later. Got and interview and accepted the internship. Easy process because of high turnover and no one stays there I saw 4 ppl come and go durring my 3 month internship