Northwestern Mutual

www.northwesternmutual.com

Northwestern Mutual College Financial Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

Average Difficulty
56 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

College Financial Representative

I applied online - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in November 2013.

Interview Details – 3 interviews at 2 different office locations including 1 group interview. Went over personality characteristics, the demands of the job, and compensation. Everyone involved was easy to talk to and deal with. My one complaint was that they were slow to reveal the full duties the job entails. I applied online in November and was officially contracted in May.

Interview Question – They asked me as a homework assignment to get a list of 40 referrals in 10 days.   Answer Question

Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview Details – I applied through my university and the process took about a week. I was first called by the recruiter to set up an interview. When the it was time for the interview, the recruiter was casual and very approachable. However, I did not feel comfortable continuing to the second round of interviews since it required me to present them a list of my contacts so I can sell them insurance once I began the internship.

Interview Question – The interview was very casual and the interviewer seemed asked question about how you could sell an item.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Troy, MI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in June 2013.

Interview Details – submitted resume and received a call a week later, scheduled an interview at their office about 2 weeks later. interview was very basic, just asked about me. then a day later they called me back in for another interview where a guy handed me a folder with some "homework" assignments and made it seem very exclusive. he wanted me to write down 100 people i could cold call.....

Interview Question – nothing difficult   Answer Question

Woodland Hills, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in June 2014.

Interview Details – It's a three step process. There is an initial interview, an interview with your potential mentor, and a final interview discussing your compensation and benefits at Northwestern Mutual. Between each interview, there is an assignment to complete which is reviewed during the meeting. Each interview typically lasts between 1- 2 hours and they are all 1:1.

Interview Question – They typically ask behavioral based questions. Overall, great interview experience.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Bad timing.

Troy, MI

I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in March 2014.

Interview Details – I reached out to Northwestern at my college career fair. It took them a month to contact me, and then I interviewed in my home city. They ask potential prospects to take a sales personality test and to compile a list of potential contacts. Personally, I was not comfortable in Northwestern, and I rejected an offer from them.

Interview Question – They asked me to interpret my personality test results and explain to them how I felt about the results.   Answer Question

Murfreesboro, TN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in May 2014.

Interview Details – Very laid back. Interview was to test your knowledge but more importantly to test your personal skills. After getting offered was harder than the interview. You then have to take tests, fill out tons of paperwork, and do a lot of online nonsense. However, it is worth it in the end.

Interview Question – How do you feel about striking out 95% of the time?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

La Jolla, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in March 2014.

Interview Details – Three interview process. Basic. Met with recruiter, and managing directors. Talk about how you are unique in your ability to contribute to the growth and expansion of the company through your own market.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult   Answer Question

Woodland Hills, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in April 2012.

Interview Details – Far too long and grueling. Made it seem super difficult, but this place is actually desperate for interns so they can make money off their friends and family members. This place is scummy, but wrapped in a very pretty package.

Interview Question – Gave pointless homework during interview process that annoyed friends and family. Third interview is a daunting presentation that even if butchered, will still get you the job.   Answer Question

College Financial Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview Details – I met a NWM recruiter during the career fair on campus. I was almost immediately contacted for a interview. I went through three separate interviews with three different people; never as a panel. The interview questions were not difficult, or unexpected. The hiring process took at least a month; before I was officially hired I had to become Life and Health licensed which took an additional two or three weeks.

Interview Question – How would you approach someone you know (family, friends, etc.) about purchasing life insurance?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since this was an internship there was no negotiation.

Springfield, IL

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview Details – Got referred by a friend. Very easy interview. Mostly fit questions.

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Worked for Northwestern Mutual? Contribute to the Community!