Northwestern Mutual College Financial Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Champaign, IL).

Interview

The entire contracting process is a long one. It took me 5 months to complete all the requirements. I met a recruiter at a college career fair and got a phone interview shortly afterward. After the second phone interview I had to take a personality quiz. Then I had a face to face interview where I was given a packet with 5 surveys and what was called Project 100. Another face to face interview followed after the completion of this. I then needed to take a life and health insurance class (about 15 hours over 2 days). The next step was to have my fingerprints scanned and sent in for a background check. Afterwards came traveling to a testing center to take the life and health insurance tests. Only after you pass these tests and pay the licensing fee are you contracted to start the internship.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Pretty easy. It mainly consisted of questions abut you and your background(high school, family, extracurricular, etc.). The interview then proceeds to standard interview questions( weaknesses, strengths, time when you were challenged, etc.).

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest strengths and your greatest weaknesses?   Answer Question

College Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Straight foreword interview, asked mostly questions about myself and why I'm interested. Mostly a behavioral interview with straightforward questions. No curveballs. I applied through the career website at my college and they got back to me within a couple of days. The interviewer was very friendly and easy to talk to. One of the easier interviews I've done. It was 30 minutes over the phone

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

Two - three stage interview process where you are encouraged to give your previous work experience and describe yourself. You should show that you've done research on the company and do not be afraid to ask questions about the position. Be energetic and confident!

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for this internship?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Portsmouth, NH).

Interview

applied online herd back a few Weeks later. Got and interview and accepted the internship. Easy process because of high turnover and no one stays there I saw 4 ppl come and go durring my 3 month internship

College Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

There are 3 stages of the interview process. First stage was just to get to know you. Second stage was to talk to an actual financial representative and learn about what he/she does. And the final stage was to get 50 referrals.

College Financial Representative Interview

Interview

I went through 3 interviews that were pretty simple for me to complete. They spend as much time selling you on the job as you spend selling them. I initially met them at a campus career fair. From there they reached out to me and asked me to come in for an interview. At the end they asked me to make a presentation to them on why they should hire me.

Interview Questions

• Asked several questions on values and ethics and examples.   Answer Question

College Financial Representative Interview

Interview

Went to the first interview. It was very basic and friendly. They just wanted to get to know you before the second interview. There are a lot of questions that require you to use adjectives to describe yourself.

not for me

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (West Chester, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

one basic phone screening where they asked general questions about personal life followed by face to face interview which was one on one. waited around for fifteen minutes in the lobby area before the face to face interview and met some really nice people who work in that office

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

Two part interview process with network analysis between meetings. They want to see how many successful leads you would possibly have. Everything was done very professionally and they were up front with all of the information.