Northwestern Mutual

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.4

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Very easy, basic questions about yourself, laid back. They did me three interviews. the first one was to know me. The second was with a financial advisor, to know the job and ask him questions. The third one you have to do a project.

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

They do not provide sponsorship for work visas. The interviewer was friendly and asked basic behavioral questions. The inter viewer asked to walk through the resume and asked about skills I mentioned on my resume.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

They called me in for two interviews. They told me they would get back and utterly ignored me! I did a lot of driving, interviewing and testing. They then just flat out ignored me and refused to respond. I spent over an hour and a half each time interviewing and was told they went well.

Interview Questions
    • They have a very friendly interview process. They just became utterly unresponsive. They have me travel over 100 miles total round trip, go through 2 and a half hours of interviewing, taking an hour an a half of online testing and told me I would hear the early part of the following week. Not only did I not hear back, but they did not respond to several calls and emails. I felt very disrespected and that they at the west Los Angles office are very unprofessional for the above facts.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in October 2014.

Reached out to Northwestern. Revived a phone call to speak preliminary with a recruiter. Basic conversation about company and position. Fill out survey about characteristics and what your natural market is.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, just asked questions more based on personality on to see whether or not youd be a good fit.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

This is not a Financial Advisor role. There is 0 base salary, and you get commission for selling insurance. I applied and got an interview almost instantly. After 5 minutes into the interview I could tell it was for selling insurance.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in September 2014.

Spoke with a recruiter, who cut the preliminary interview short after they found out that I have not personal or professional connection in the region that I was applying to for selling financial products. Unfortunately, this company seems to focus on selling financial products to friends and family, which can sour relationships.

Interview Questions
    • Do I have any personal or professional connections in the region that I am applying to.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI
    Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in July 2014.

Was contacted through LinkedIn by a recruiter. One of my MBA classmates had given my name to a contact there. However, when you arrive they give you a form basically requiring you to give them three names of people you would recommend to work there too (pyramid scheme anybody?).

Once inside the interview they talk about how strong the company is and how flexible the work is as long as you meet your goals. They never use the word sales, but: It's a sales job. They use terms like "Financial adviser" or "Financial rep" to lure people in the door with the hopes of something more than just selling life insurance, but that's all it turned out to be. Selling life insurance as well as other types of insurance. The commission sounded great, but overall this was not a job I was interested in. Especially because the words "base pay" never occurred in our conversation.

The interviewer could tell I was on the fence and said that typically the next step is to send out a personality test to assess if someone is a good fit and that I should decide to move forward or not after that. They never sent it. A month later the same recruiter emailed me saying I had been referred to her by someone and that she would love to meet me and discuss opportunities at the company. Pass.

Interview Questions
    • What's the most difficult thing in your life you have ever had to do?   View Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

First interview, and then second interview, followed by a questionnaire. And then last interview.

Interview Questions
    • What motivates you to work? How do you deal with rejection?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Initial interview on the phone, then meeting in person.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Was contacted through a phone call. Interview was very professional with straight forward questions. I felt that alot of the questions were geared toward my interactions with other people. This can be as expected though since it was for a advisory position.

Not the best fit