Northwestern Mutual

2.4

51 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in May 2009.

First you submit a resume, they then call you describing your position. Then you have a one on one interview with HR associate. After the first interview you are given a personality test to take online. If you pass the test you are called back for a second interview in which you are given forms to be filled out by your "network" (potential clients) at which point I declined the position as I didn't want to harrass family and friends.

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in May 2012.

The hiring process at Northwestern Mutual consist of 4-5 interviews. You being dealing with developmental officer and then finish up with CFO of that particular branch. You must complete a survey of 10 people for them to make it past the 3rd interview within a timely manner as well pass multiple personality tests.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in December 2012.

The interview process was pretty straight forward. They ask a lot of behavioral based interview question to asses what type of personality and to ensure you're the type of person fitting for this job. They also have you take two online questionnaires which are essentially personality tests.

Interview Questions
    • Three words that you would say do NOT describe you (I hate these types of questions).   Answer Question

I received another offer that I was very excited about.

Financial Advisor Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in April 2012.

The company was great but not the rout I wanted to go

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in May 2011.

I had a very pleasant interview. I think I would have had a very good career if I could have afforded to start.

Interview Questions
    • The manager wanted to know my whole life history   View Answer

I couldn't afford to start out 100% commission.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in August 2011.

I posted my resume on Monster.com and was contacted by a NWM recruiter. She asked some resume questions, if I am interested and if I would like to continue with an on sight interview. While there she asked mainly easy, resume questions. The first one was what do you know about our company and second, how do you deal with rejections. It was mainly her advertising the company; they explain the interview process well so you know what you get into. It is a 3 year sales job of only insurance products. On the 2nd stage of the interview you have to come up with a 100 contacts that would buy insurance from you and make a presentation on how you will get to selling it.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with rejections?   Answer Question
    • How many contacts do you have and are comfortable contacting to sell them insurance?   Answer Question

Wrong industry. Not analytical.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in November 2013.

Interview: personal analysis makes or breaks you. They have great associates who encourage you every part of the way.

Interview Questions
    • There were ordinary questions that are asked for an interview. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What is your greatest accomplishment?   Answer Question

personality wasn't right for the position

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in October 2009.

The office was very fancy, clean and people were professionally dressed. I met with the HR Recruiter. She was very friendly and made the interview more comfortable. The interview didn't last very long. She asked basic questions about work history, extracurricular activities, affiliations etc. Then asked about credit information. If I had filed bankruptcy. I was laid off last year and I had to file bankruptcy. So, at that point the interview was over. She later emailed me and told me I would have to wait a few years and re-apply with them.

Financial Advisor Interview

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in April 2012.

very basic

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in June 2011.

The interview went well and the interviewer was very good at making me feel comfortable and then emailed me almost immediately after saying it went really well. Then you have to take a personality/compatibility test and after which I apparently didn't respond to well. I think that that can be a decent method of evaluation but if the in-person parts go well then the electronic evaluations should not be the only factor that can eliminate you, especially since there are 4 rounds of interviews for them to figure you out.

Interview Questions
    • What are your personal goals for the next few years? (not professional, but your personal life)
      I just found this difficult to answer and wasn't sure what kind of answer they were expecting or looking for.
        Answer Question

Worked for Northwestern Mutual? Contribute to the Community!