Northwestern Mutual Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.4

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in November 2013.

Interview: personal analysis makes or breaks you. They have great associates who encourage you every part of the way.

Interview Questions
  • There were ordinary questions that are asked for an interview. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What is your greatest accomplishment?   Answer Question

personality wasn't right for the position

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Anonymous Employee in West Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Employee in West Hartford, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in November 2013.

There is a 3 round interview process. You are assigned a small project and also have to get a contact list of all the people you know. This is the way they do business. The pay is strictly performance based. Training is paid however.

Compensation Issue

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in October 2013.

This is not a financial advising position. This is an insurance sales position. They want you to make as many phone calls and meet with as many people as you can to try to sell them insurance. It this is not a problem for you then the money can be quite decent after a few years.

Interview Questions
    • There isn't really a hard question. Either you will like selling insurance or not.   Answer Question

This is a sales position disguised as a financial advisor position.

Financial Advisor Interview

Met the rep at my campus career fair. We exchanged emails and set up a meeting time for my interview. If I had chosen to accept after the interview, I would have begun a pseudo-internship with them for the second half of the year before coming on full time after graduation.

Interview Questions
    • It was a basic behavioral interview. No questions were out of left field but I always jump a bit when they ask how a specific part of my previous experience connects with a specific thing that they do.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

There were multiple interviews, addressing various parts of the job. There was also a homework assignment where one went around interviewing potential cutomers about their current views of the industry and how best to approach people in their position. This finally culminated with a personal pitch presentation to the hiring person and reviews of your homework.

Job was not for me.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

First interview out of five.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, just the usual questions about your characteristics and values.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in June 2013.

Interview process was fairly extensive. Must attend 4 interviews, one of which requires you to complete what they call a market survey, which involves you contacting your closes friends and relatives to inquire about life insurance. I declined the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were fairly easy but, they don't really go into detail about the difficulty of the job. Basic questions like, what is your selling tactics, why do you think you will be good for the position.   Answer Question

Did not like the uncertainty of pay.

1 phone call interview with a project prompt at the end

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Two to three separate interviews. The hiring managers really take the time to get to know you and are very picky with who they bring into the company.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions are straight forward. Looking for hard working and highly motivated individuals.   Answer Question

I declined because it was a majority commission based position. This compensation is not for me.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in April 2013.

They call you for a brief company informational interview and they'll ask you somethings about you on your resume. You'll pretty much get the second round if you get the first call. They people are nice and very enthusiastic. Second round is Skype/phone call and it's more in depth and they'll ask several behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • How are you going to expand our company by using your own network?   Answer Question