Northwestern Mutual Financial Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Shreveport, LA).

Interview

You meet with whoever does the recruiting and they interview you. There is a personality test that you have to take. They make you do market surveys and get a list of 200 people that you will initially call when you start. After that the managing director interviews you to see if you are a good fit for the office. It is a tough industry and they do not want to waste you time or theirs.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever prospected before and how do you feel about cold calling?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Long process, probably took a total of 2 months. Interview with a recruiter, then with CDO, then with Human Recources, then again with CDO. Had to compete a number of market surveys which were intended to give an idea of what the career is like as well as see if you can utilize your natural market.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Newport Beach, CA).

Interview

-three step interview process -first was mainly getting to know you. if invited to second interview, you are assigned to take a personality test -second was with a mentor discussing results of the personality test and if it'll be a mutual fit. if goes well then they'll invite you to third interview -third was w/ head of interns offering the position

Financial Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

The overall experience was very relaxed. Started with a phone interview and an informal meeting giving information on what they do. There was then another more formal interview that was geared toward asking me questions. Interviewer was very approachable and made the process comfortable

Interview Questions

• Do you have a good network in the local area with business owners and members of the community?   Answer Question

Interested in an analyst position

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and asked me to apply. The process took about 2 weeks. I interviewed with four different people, and each of the interviews was very conversational. All of the interviewers were extremely friendly, and open about the company. They wanted me to learn as much about them, as they wanted to learn about me.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

had a brief phone interview then went in for a face to face with the hiring manager then another one with an employee than a third with the office manage which I chose not to do

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Very friendly people. Met recruiter at school career fair. Had 2 interviews, one was basically informational and telling me about the company. The second was some behavioral questions, as well as asking me to recommend some friends for the job and gave me a packet to fill regarding potential people for me to start my cold calling for. Got an offer for a 3rd interview, but had a better job lined up. Being outgoing is seriously enough to get hired here, don't buy that "top 10 internship" stuff. I only recommend this job as a last resort if your resume is lacking and you're desperate for some experience, but it's just sales.

Application

Interview

The woman I interviewed with was very kind, she cared about what type of person I was and explained everything to the clearest extent. It felt like a genuine conversation, not an uptight interview. The interview was not more than an hour, and when you are just having a conversation with someone it goes by fast. Don't be afraid to ask questions, they will ask if you have any a lot throughout the entire interview--pay attention to everything they say!

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Melville, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied through my school career website, and I was quickly contacted and informed that there is an opening for Financial Representative position. The interviewer was really nice and friendly, and wanted to work with me and determine my strengths. Although it is a commission based job, they do provide training and personal coaches and mentors, and they are nationally ranked at 11th for their training process I believe.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about a difficult situation I faced in a professional situation and how I overcame that.   1 Answer