Northwestern Mutual Financial Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

2.4

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

had a brief phone interview then went in for a face to face with the hiring manager then another one with an employee than a third with the office manage which I chose not to do

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Very friendly people. Met recruiter at school career fair. Had 2 interviews, one was basically informational and telling me about the company. The second was some behavioral questions, as well as asking me to recommend some friends for the job and gave me a packet to fill regarding potential people for me to start my cold calling for. Got an offer for a 3rd interview, but had a better job lined up. Being outgoing is seriously enough to get hired here, don't buy that "top 10 internship" stuff. I only recommend this job as a last resort if your resume is lacking and you're desperate for some experience, but it's just sales.

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Melville, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

The receptionist was very nice and guided me where to sit. Once I sat down I waited about 30 minutes to be seen by one of the recruiters. I researched a lot on the company and she really didn't seem like she had knowledge about the company. She kept jumping around from different topics and made it uncomfortable for me. I did not like the interview or anything she had to say about the company besides that they sponsor you for different tests.

Interview Questions

• She asked if I was married which I thought was inappropriate.   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

The woman I interviewed with was very kind, she cared about what type of person I was and explained everything to the clearest extent. It felt like a genuine conversation, not an uptight interview. The interview was not more than an hour, and when you are just having a conversation with someone it goes by fast. Don't be afraid to ask questions, they will ask if you have any a lot throughout the entire interview--pay attention to everything they say!

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 3 stages. The first two stages were conducted as phone interviews as I was still attending university. They were fairly easy going, it was more of a conversation rather than an interview to understand my current situation, past experiences and any accommodations I would need during the interview process. They were very helpful and understanding.

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Melville, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied through my school career website, and I was quickly contacted and informed that there is an opening for Financial Representative position. The interviewer was really nice and friendly, and wanted to work with me and determine my strengths. Although it is a commission based job, they do provide training and personal coaches and mentors, and they are nationally ranked at 11th for their training process I believe.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about a difficult situation I faced in a professional situation and how I overcame that.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The director of Campus recruitment interviewed me. She was extremely friendly and wanted to get to know me. She went over what the job entails. After the interview I had to do an assessment and now have to do another interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The other comments are on point. They is strictly a sales jobs based on commission with chance of stipend(must attend sessions to receive them). Interviewer was friendly but, talked mostly about the company and how great it was while asked basic questions determining your personality and your network of friends and family. Interviewer seem uncomfortable when I asked about stipend and when i answered What do I know about Northwestern Mutual?-Don't get too technical with the numbers or make it known that you know its a sales job

Interview Questions

No future unless you can get 20 people to buy insurance.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied through university career site. Then, I received a phone call to schedule a phone interview. The difficulty of the interview was average. Questions asked were more like personality tests, which could be found by googling top 10 interview questions. After several questions, the recruiter began to introduce the company and the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Sent in Resume, was contacted for a phone interview. After that was asked to fill out a personality survey, then went in for four more interview in person with recruiter, two financial representative and then the managing partner. On the second interview they ask you to fill out ten market surveys and get 50 referrals. Very easy task, but allows you to see what kind of work you will really be doing.