Northwestern Mutual

2.4

305 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

2nd Interview round, met with district manager...pretty relaxed interview, but asked me questions about parents which i did not quite like...only asked a few previous experience questions and why i wanted to work in the financial services industry...rest of the interview was him explaining life insurance and how NWM operates

Interview Questions

Salary is only commission, entry level a bit too independent for me

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Financial Representative Interview

I applied through my university and was scheduled for a phone interview shortly after. The interview was really basic. A few days later, I got invited for a second round phone interview which was essentially just like the first one. The third round was in their office. For that round, I had to deliver a presentation about the company and why I wanted to intern for them.

Interview Questions
    • Why Northwestern Mutual and how will we benefit from having you?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Financial Representative Interview

I applied through my school website and was contacted about 2 weeks later. I went to their office and was interviewed there. As far as I know, the interview process consist of 3 stages. You will be asked to put a list of 5-10 people in your network down.

Financial Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

NMN reached out to me through the campus online recruiting website and asked me if I would like to have an interview with them. We had a phone interview since I wasn't able to be on site. The interviewer started the interview with several questions regarding to my family background, which made me a bit upsetting. But other than that everything went well just make sure you know the company well.

Interview Questions

The position is called Financial Rep but it's actually more like a sales job, which is not what I was looking for.

Financial Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Was referred by a friend. Went for an initial interview and received a call for a second interview about a week later. Both interviews were very behavioral and personality based. Made it to the final interview in which you must give a 5 minute presentation about yourself. Overall a very pleasant interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • None to really speak of. The only section that I found slightly confusing was actually talking about insurance. But you will learn all of that in training.   Answer Question
    No negotiating involved.

Financial Representative Interview

Emailed regarding a summer internship to a local recruiter who then called to get to know me a bit better. There is also an online personality/sales test that you must take to see your dynamic and for them to see how you would fit with the company. Met with them at the career fair to get a little more information about the job. Set an interview for a couple of weeks later.

Financial Representative Interview

Very friendly, and basic interview structure. General questions (biggest weakness, strength, etc) Process took 2 interviews the second one I had to present a PP for a board of recruiters. Fantastic place to work

Financial Representative Interview

Three interviews in total. Your given some homework to complete but its very simple. You are required to submit a background check which is understandable considering its the financial services industry. One phone interview and several one on one interviews with your hiring manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mishawaka, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mishawaka, IN

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Was contacted via email by the local recruiting agent. Have gone through two interviews. First interview was just asked a few behavioral questions and then got a chance to ask some questions about the position. After that they sent me an easy 15 minute online assessment (pick the words that describe you best, etc.) and once I submitted that they invited me back for a second interview. This one was more behavioral and personal questions. At the end the interviewer gave me a packet of mini-cases to do and said that if I like these then this job will be a good fit for me and we can discuss getting you the position. If you hate the cases then this will be a very bad fit for you. She was very friendly and made sure to emphasize that I should be honest with myself because this is the type of position where if you try to force yourself into it when you don't fit there you will certainly fail. Overall a very relaxed interview process. You can definitely tell from the way the interviewer talked though that the financial representatives need to be very driven.

Interview Questions
    • What was your parent's parenting style like and how do you think that affected your development and who you are today.   Answer Question

I don't think this position will affect my personality very well. Additionally, I do not think I will be in the area very long and all the work I'd do in my first year or two would then be wasted.

Financial Representative Interview

Applied through college, got an email about an onsite interview in a week. The interviewer referred me to a different position that she thought would be a better fit for me. I agreed to apply to that position. Followed up once but didn't get any response.

Interview Questions
    • How would your peers describe you. I didn't prepare for this question and got a little nervous so I said people would say that I'm nice.   Answer Question