Northwestern Mutual Financial Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Very friendly people. Met recruiter at school career fair. Had 2 interviews, one was basically informational and telling me about the company. The second was some behavioral questions, as well as asking me to recommend some friends for the job and gave me a packet to fill regarding potential people for me to start my cold calling for. Got an offer for a 3rd interview, but had a better job lined up. Being outgoing is seriously enough to get hired here, don't buy that "top 10 internship" stuff. I only recommend this job as a last resort if your resume is lacking and you're desperate for some experience, but it's just sales.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

The woman I interviewed with was very kind, she cared about what type of person I was and explained everything to the clearest extent. It felt like a genuine conversation, not an uptight interview. The interview was not more than an hour, and when you are just having a conversation with someone it goes by fast. Don't be afraid to ask questions, they will ask if you have any a lot throughout the entire interview--pay attention to everything they say!

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 3 stages. The first two stages were conducted as phone interviews as I was still attending university. They were fairly easy going, it was more of a conversation rather than an interview to understand my current situation, past experiences and any accommodations I would need during the interview process. They were very helpful and understanding.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Fort Worth, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I met with a recruiter who was extremely informative and walked me through the hiring process. He was very professional and courteous. He explained to me about the history of the company, the hiring process, training, mentoring, coaching, technology, income, and the overall career path. He answered all my questions, was polite, and overall extremely intelligent. He followed up and explained to me what I needed to do to get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The director of Campus recruitment interviewed me. She was extremely friendly and wanted to get to know me. She went over what the job entails. After the interview I had to do an assessment and now have to do another interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The other comments are on point. They is strictly a sales jobs based on commission with chance of stipend(must attend sessions to receive them). Interviewer was friendly but, talked mostly about the company and how great it was while asked basic questions determining your personality and your network of friends and family.

Interviewer seem uncomfortable when I asked about stipend and when i answered What do I know about Northwestern Mutual?-Don't get too technical with the numbers or make it known that you know its a sales job

Interview Questions

No future unless you can get 20 people to buy insurance.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied through university career site. Then, I received a phone call to schedule a phone interview. The difficulty of the interview was average. Questions asked were more like personality tests, which could be found by googling top 10 interview questions. After several questions, the recruiter began to introduce the company and the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Sent in Resume, was contacted for a phone interview. After that was asked to fill out a personality survey, then went in for four more interview in person with recruiter, two financial representative and then the managing partner. On the second interview they ask you to fill out ten market surveys and get 50 referrals. Very easy task, but allows you to see what kind of work you will really be doing.

Financial Representative Interview

Interview

Interviewing Process was actually very good. They make a big deal about it but I'm pretty sure they'll take anyone if only to get introduced to the people they know and sell them stuff.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Basic interview questions (strengths/weaknesses/why should we hire you/how did you overcome a challenge, etc). If you google "top 10 interview questions" you should be sufficiently prepared. They spent more time talking to me about their company than actually interviewing me. Overall it was a very informal process and nothing to stress about.