Northwestern Mutual Financial Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.4

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Long and lost contact multiple times, randomly reached back out to me to recontinue process. Currently in the process of continuing the interview process and will see how it goes. Have to be comfortable selling insurance to friends I hear.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Disorganized and misleading. Miscommunications among offices and corprate are frequent. People try to be nice and helpful but are so busy they generally do not know how things work, and can not tell you who to go to when things go awry. If one person decides they do not like you who is part of the hiring process there is no way around it; even if it is some kind of discrimination. For anyone looking to work there DO NOT spend any time or money until you are fully onboarded. This means a signed contract and approval from corporate. Also I recomend all aplicants ask for a list of the steps of the onboarding process, including dates for when things will be done and who to contact. Be vigilant and have everything in writting.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You do not really get to negotiate. You will get commission from the corporation and bonuses at the choice of your district manager.

Financial Representative Interview

Interview

Got in touch by campus recruitment. Scheduled an interview for next week for financial representative position. Recruiter was nice. We had a nice conversation and smooth interview. Although this is still related to finance, it is more like a sales position.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I could get in touch with certain amount of people.   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Phone interview (took 1 hour), in person interview (took 45 Min), presentation (must be 5-7 minutes, given to a financial representative and a recruiter. Topic is a 4 question outline, provided by interviewers.)

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Three steps,
    1. Phone Interview
    2. In person group interview
    3. Rhino Project

Great Interview process

Very nice people and easy to communicate with

Felt like more of a conversation to get to know eachother rather than an interview

Very professional, especially at their office in Illinois

Overall, smooth interview process

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable asking people questions face to face?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Manchester, NH) in April 2015.

Interview

First I had a phone interview due to not being able to make the date they originally wanted to do the interview. My second interview was at their manchester office. The woman I interviewed with was extremely nice and very insightful. She certainly got me excited to work for northwestern mutual.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you had a goal and you failed to reach it? Why didn't you reach your goal, and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Hampton, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

I met this company at a hiring event. Had a lengthy discussion to the side when the representative could tell I was interested. I had many questions about their training program since I did not have a finance background. I did not ask about compensation even though that is the temptation, especially with sales/commission jobs. Afterward I spoke with my wife about this particular interaction because I felt a built a good rapport with the representative. A recruiter contacted me within a week, which was a surprise. She called to ask me to visit the office so she could answer my questions but I wasn't busy so I discussed my concerns (looking back I'm glad my wife and I discussed because allowed me add some intellectual rigor to pros/cons of me pursuing this type of job). Her quick call to me became a phone interview and she was able to dispel some of my preconceived notions. In a matter of a week I went from being somewhat interested, to deciding that I did not want to do this type of work, to agreeing with an in-person meeting/interview. I use the term interview because I truly believe anytime you speak to a HR professional/Hiring official you should treat it as an interview because you might not get the job because of how well the interaction is you will not get the job if it goes poorly.

Interview Questions

• What am I looking for in my next job?   1 Answer

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Ask you to complete a survey where you find 30 people to grow your book of business. Process takes about 1 month. It is a good internship if you are expecting to cold call a lot of people and are really interested in working as a financial representative.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Very lengthy, 3 stage process to become a sales person. At stage 2 you will be required to create a Skype presentation. You are then expected to make a list of 200 people that you can contact at the 3rd stage of the interview and then interview 6 people; 2 friends, 2 referrals, and 2 strangers about their financial status.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

3 Separate interviews were needed during the process. First was very basic, second interview asked many of the same questions, some a little more in depth. Before you're third interview you are required to survey 10 family members or friends and present your findings.