Northwestern Mutual Financial Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Shreveport, LA).

Interview

You meet with whoever does the recruiting and they interview you. There is a personality test that you have to take. They make you do market surveys and get a list of 200 people that you will initially call when you start. After that the managing director interviews you to see if you are a good fit for the office. It is a tough industry and they do not want to waste you time or theirs.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever prospected before and how do you feel about cold calling?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Long process, probably took a total of 2 months. Interview with a recruiter, then with CDO, then with Human Recources, then again with CDO. Had to compete a number of market surveys which were intended to give an idea of what the career is like as well as see if you can utilize your natural market.

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Newport Beach, CA).

Interview

-three step interview process -first was mainly getting to know you. if invited to second interview, you are assigned to take a personality test -second was with a mentor discussing results of the personality test and if it'll be a mutual fit. if goes well then they'll invite you to third interview -third was w/ head of interns offering the position

Financial Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

The overall experience was very relaxed. Started with a phone interview and an informal meeting giving information on what they do. There was then another more formal interview that was geared toward asking me questions. Interviewer was very approachable and made the process comfortable

Interview Questions

• Do you have a good network in the local area with business owners and members of the community?   Answer Question

Interested in an analyst position

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and asked me to apply. The process took about 2 weeks. I interviewed with four different people, and each of the interviews was very conversational. All of the interviewers were extremely friendly, and open about the company. They wanted me to learn as much about them, as they wanted to learn about me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Very friendly people. Met recruiter at school career fair. Had 2 interviews, one was basically informational and telling me about the company. The second was some behavioral questions, as well as asking me to recommend some friends for the job and gave me a packet to fill regarding potential people for me to start my cold calling for. Got an offer for a 3rd interview, but had a better job lined up. Being outgoing is seriously enough to get hired here, don't buy that "top 10 internship" stuff. I only recommend this job as a last resort if your resume is lacking and you're desperate for some experience, but it's just sales.

Application

Interview

The woman I interviewed with was very kind, she cared about what type of person I was and explained everything to the clearest extent. It felt like a genuine conversation, not an uptight interview. The interview was not more than an hour, and when you are just having a conversation with someone it goes by fast. Don't be afraid to ask questions, they will ask if you have any a lot throughout the entire interview--pay attention to everything they say!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The other comments are on point. They is strictly a sales jobs based on commission with chance of stipend(must attend sessions to receive them). Interviewer was friendly but, talked mostly about the company and how great it was while asked basic questions determining your personality and your network of friends and family. Interviewer seem uncomfortable when I asked about stipend and when i answered What do I know about Northwestern Mutual?-Don't get too technical with the numbers or make it known that you know its a sales job

Interview Questions

No future unless you can get 20 people to buy insurance.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 3 stages. The first two stages were conducted as phone interviews as I was still attending university. They were fairly easy going, it was more of a conversation rather than an interview to understand my current situation, past experiences and any accommodations I would need during the interview process. They were very helpful and understanding.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The director of Campus recruitment interviewed me. She was extremely friendly and wanted to get to know me. She went over what the job entails. After the interview I had to do an assessment and now have to do another interview