Northwestern Mutual Financial Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.4

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

They came to a job fair at my college, where they gave general information about the company. Then I was later contacted by a recruiter to come to an interview, I had the interview, which went on for about an hour + . Then I was told that I would be sent an online survey to complete

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your self in 5 years?   Answer Question
  • If there was a snow storm and a client wanted to meet, what would you do and why?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

invited me in for an information session and explained the company and what it was about. To me it seemed like a scam exploiting my friends and family try to sell insurance to them. Didn't bother compiling a list and looked for an internship somewhere else

Interview Questions

• There weren't really any questions, just an info session   1 Answer

Financial Representative Interview

Interview

3 Interviews, all in office. Process took about 3 weeks. Fairly easy questions, they pretty much wanted to see if my personality could handle the position. essentially a saleman role. I did chose not to take the job because I was not willing to contact the 100 or so friends that would be necessary.

Interview Questions

• How did your friends react when you told them you were going on an interview with Northwestern Mutual?   Answer Question

Better offer

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Provo, UT) in February 2015.

Interview

The first interview is very much a behavior interview. They are looking for the personality of someone who can bring them more clients and revenue. Positive, optimistic, driven. Before the second interview they will give you some homework to do, such as a personality quiz, a one page essay, and 6 interviews to conduct (3 people you know, and 3 strangers that the first 3 refer you to) regarding their financial decisions.

*I took the interview more for the experience than my desire to work for them. I told them what they wanted to hear and they seemed very interested in me, but I told them I wasn't interested after this point.

Interview Questions

• They will ask about your sales experience and how you feel about sales. They will also ask you about your savings, because the job doesn't pay very well for a new hire without any clients.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Took about three weeks after applying online to schedule an interview. I scheduled it at 3:00PM but they called 30 minutes in advance. I could not pick up at the moment so I gave it a wait. Never received a call again so I emailed the recruiter explaining the situation and asking for an alternative option and she just told me "we called but you did not receive it. You also didn't have a voicemail set up". I told them I am no longer interested.

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Chapel Hill, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Interviewed on campus for a total of 30 minutes. The lady was really nice and asked lots of questions. She told me I had a good chance of getting the job offer and that if I was really interested I should stay in touch with her (she gave me her business card).

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Gainesville, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview was fairly easy, first round was basic behavioral questions, second was a presentation about yourself, and third was several forms you needed to fill out regarding your "social network" aka who you could sell life insurance to. The recruiters were very friendly and nice, but the job just wasn't right for me. It's a commission based position where you're essentially cold calling people you know and trying to sell them life insurance. If you're the type of person that's comfortable with this, it's a good career opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you demonstrated leadership?   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in February 2015.

Interview

My first contact with Northwestern Mutual was through a school career fair. I had heard about the internship from another student who had done it with them the previous year. The first step after the career fair is they call you the next week and screen you. They ask you what you know about the company and explain what being a financial representative entails. If you wish to proceed the next step is setting up a Skype interview. On Skype they ask you questions about how you would get clients and to tell them about yourself. The next step is then to schedule an office visit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Bethlehem, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by informal meeting with branch manager, then set up appointment with regional manager. Meeting with branch manager was pretty straight forward, asked typical interview questions, established goals/abilities and that sort of thing. For regional manager, they wanted you to bring a prepared list of people you'd contact to sell their product too

Interview Questions

• They asked what qualities I thought would make a financial representative succeed in the industry   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Applied at career fair. Received an email to attend informational session, and then after about 2-3 weeks, attended another meeting with one other student from another college. Interviewer mostly talked about the company and the intern program.