Northwestern Mutual

Updated Mar 1, 2015
Updated Mar 1, 2015

2.4

Financial Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

It was very easy. It felt like a conversation more than an interview. I had 2 rounds of interviews. After the first interview, I was given a "challenge" to get as many referrals as I could out of 50 possible. I got 47. It was easy-medium to get the referrals.

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Financial Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

They will call to screen you, and that is followed by 2-4 in person interviews with recruiters and managers. The people you deal with are very friendly and want you to become apart of the team. I didn't accept because another opportunity came up, however I was willing and ready to become apart of the team. Just watch out, it is advertised as "top ten internship in the US" but it is as good as the work you put into it, or at least thats what I gathered from my brief experience there.

Interview Questions

Other opportunity came up, however I was willing and ready to become apart of the team. Just watch out, it is advertised as "top ten internship in the US" but it is as good as the work you put into it, or at least thats what I gathered from my brief experience there.

Financial Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

The interview was very straightforward and weighs heavily on your goals and your network of friends and family. I decided not to proceed to the final round because selling insurance is not what I intend to do out of college. It is a lucrative field but can be very difficult for those who have a limited network.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are behavioral and straightforward, mostly goal oriented.   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in December 2014.

Behavioral Questions were asked. If you look around on the internet there are many questions that will give you a general idea. Remember to show interest in working for the company and smile...It is a challenging job but doable if you are self-motivated and know 200 people.

Interview Questions
    • What other companies have you applied to?
      Why do you want work with us?
      Do you know 200 people?
      How would people who know you describe you when you are not present in the room?
      Are you coachable?
      A time when you faced difficult situation and how did you resolve it?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

The interview process took a couple weeks and I met with 4 or 5 different people. The interview questions were very basic and mostly related to if you can handle a sales position. Some things they asked were when have you have failed and how did you handled it, and if you are ok with rejection. Nothing unexpected

Interview Questions
    • You have to do a market survey to show them you can handle sitting down with people and that you can get referrals.   Answer Question
    none, all commission

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

3 interviews, all in-person at the location. First was with the campus recruiter, the second with a financial representative, and the third was a powerpoint presentation to 3 people (the first two people you interviewed with and the head director of campus recruitment). The presentation was on why you should be hired

Interview Questions
    • "Describe to me a situation where you encountered rejection. How did you deal with it?"   Answer Question
    None

Financial Representative Interview

The interview consists of 5 interviews total, an emotional intelligence aptitude exam, as well as a suitability questionnaire. The interview was very much so based on trial and error and how well you can adapt to several scenarios. Meeting with clients face to face, work ethic, and if you have the ability to be self-motivated is most important.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time you handled a difficult situation with a customer. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

very informal, straight forward questions, nothing tricky or too complicated to answer, their idea is to get a sense of who you are and what you are looking for in efforts to see if you will be a good fit

Financial Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

It was a three-step interview process. Phone prescreen, in-person, and phone once again. It was not too bad. Understand and show how you could benefit the company. The first phone interview basically consisted of getting to know who you are as a person. This would help them see if you are culturally fit for the particular type of business. In-person, I got a closer look at what my day-to-day life would be like as an intern, a project that I would be responsible for completing in about a week, and showed them a presentation. The last phase of the interview process basically laid the foundation of what Northwestern Mutual offers to clients.

Financial Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Very Easy, they contacted me after a friend refereed me to the recruiter during his interview. There was a phone interview that was very general interview question. Then another 1:1 with the college unit director and finally with the managing director. All the interviews were very laid back and easy going.