Northwestern Mutual Financial Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.4

Financial Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Applied online. Had a phone interview first and then an in-person interview. Very straightforward, talked further about my resume and asked a few questions about the internship. Then they asked me to meet a person higher up the ladder and prepare a powerpoint presentation on why I wanted to work there. They never ended up asking me to present one. The third and final interview was face-to-face and a short 20 minute discussion after which they usually offer you a position.

Interview Questions
  • No unexpected questions. Just prepare a little about the insurance and wealth management industry.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Financial Representative Interview

4-part Interview. The interview process is more of a conversation around if this would be a mutual fit. Completing surveys with potential clients allows you to determine if you have the skills to network. You meet with several people/current reps who have had success in the business so that you can hear both sides of the storey.

Interview Questions
    • "How do you think people view you from a professional standpoint?"   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Too many interview questions. They make you take an over 100 question personality test before they even talk to you about the job..then they ask for the names and phone numbers of "close contacts" you have aka to try to gain sales.

Interview Questions
    • I feel very pressured having to make sales quotas as my sole source of income.   View Answer

Not enough money. Didn't wanna work for 100% commission after getting my finance degree and an MBA...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in January 2015.

There are 5 interviews to complete this process. After the first interview, if things go well you will be given numerous amounts of information on the possible career. Be careful to read and anaylze EVERYTHING. Come in the interviews with questions and tons of research.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in January 2015.

Applied online then contacted for a phone interview. Phone interview mostly about yourself and your family and a little about your background. A week later was contacted for in person interview which was a fairly straightforward interview. Contacted the next day for a 3rd interview that will be set up a week later.

Financial Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in January 2015.

The people who you talk to are extremely outgoing and easy to talk to. They seem to have a genuine interest in who you are. After my interview I was asked to interview people I knew well and get referrals and then contact the referrals. The first interviews are a breeze but people hesitate to give you referrals and the referrals definitely hesitate to give you referrals.

Financial Representative Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Was contacted by a campus recruiter. She told me to send her my resume. I sent it and was contacted by my local office to come in for an interview. I scheduled my interview on the phone and was given an email confirmation of the date and time.

Financial Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

It was very easy. It felt like a conversation more than an interview. I had 2 rounds of interviews. After the first interview, I was given a "challenge" to get as many referrals as I could out of 50 possible. I got 47. It was easy-medium to get the referrals.

Financial Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

They will call to screen you, and that is followed by 2-4 in person interviews with recruiters and managers. The people you deal with are very friendly and want you to become apart of the team. I didn't accept because another opportunity came up, however I was willing and ready to become apart of the team. Just watch out, it is advertised as "top ten internship in the US" but it is as good as the work you put into it, or at least thats what I gathered from my brief experience there.

Interview Questions

Other opportunity came up, however I was willing and ready to become apart of the team. Just watch out, it is advertised as "top ten internship in the US" but it is as good as the work you put into it, or at least thats what I gathered from my brief experience there.

Financial Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

The interview was very straightforward and weighs heavily on your goals and your network of friends and family. I decided not to proceed to the final round because selling insurance is not what I intend to do out of college. It is a lucrative field but can be very difficult for those who have a limited network.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are behavioral and straightforward, mostly goal oriented.   Answer Question