Northwestern Mutual Financial Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.4

Financial Representative () Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received a small (5 min) phone interview a few days later. After the phone interview I was invited to interview in person in their Houston office. The interview went well; however, it appeared in the end they cared more about getting my contacts than really hiring me. Overall the interview was not tough and the company did a great job of making me feel at home, but in the end it was not the right position for me.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process takes about an hour. First I was asked about my background, experience and qualifications and afterwards the recruiter provided me with information about the job and the company. After the initial interview, you required to submit the online assesment test. It takes about thirty minutes and its very straighrforward. Based on the results of the intial interview and test, they make decision within 48 hours whether invite you to the second interview or not.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in April 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and they promptly brought me into the office for an interview. The questions were straight forward and simple. I felt as though the entire time the recruiter was actively trying to sell the position to me because the more she explained it, the more off put I was by selling insurance, not for me. But after the interview, they follow up with an online portion, and a second interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

4 in office interviews with other Independent Financial reps and the managing Partner. They wanted an entire background sizing up my financial competency, clean recors of activity and aptitiude for buidling relationships and being able to handle the ramp up period financially. They also wanted to make sure I looked and spoke well and was sharp minded and also handled objections well about my questions regarding the difference between them and the wirehouse. Overall it was a positive experience because we both wanted to make sure it was a good fit on both ends and you can't tell that in a 1 hour interview. Going back and asking new to senior level adviosrs 1:1 questions was a big help in my decision to work there. I am thankful they take it seriously. I was looking for a career move and not just a job. I wanted stability, support and direction. Their of plenty of mentors and joint work opportunities that are now possible by the Rep I met and am already building relationships with. It also is a classy environment and the people are well organized, successful, helpful and professional. That makes all the difference to me. I am ready to just knock it out of the park and be a good team player and coachable as I switch from one side of the financial industry to the other. Also, most of the hires are either college interns or were an employee referral. So that helped in my interview. The gentleman who referred me has been working for the company his entire career and that help support my candidacy and made me stand out from the beginning of the process. I just was very honest about what I wanted in my career, what I expected and where I thought I should be in five years. They liked that I had a plan.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Casual, easy interview. They want to know that you are willing to put in the work. They will ask you if you have a network that you can call on. So make sure you're able to find people/ get referrals from friends and family in your neighborhood/hometown. Interview was just learning about you and if you have what it takes to make it in this business that's all about activity.

Interview Questions

• "Why should I hire you?" "Are you capable of having people to call?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Wellesley, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

It was very easy going, no stress at all. The HR lady was very kind and explained the process and job requirements very well. Met with the recruiter for the initial interview followed by the managing director for the second. The final interview was with the Managing Partner at the agency office who would ultimately make the final decision to whether or not you would move along in the process.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your natural market will correlate to your success?   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Ask you to complete a survey where you find 30 people to grow your book of business. Process takes about 1 month. It is a good internship if you are expecting to cold call a lot of people and are really interested in working as a financial representative.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Very lengthy, 3 stage process to become a sales person. At stage 2 you will be required to create a Skype presentation. You are then expected to make a list of 200 people that you can contact at the 3rd stage of the interview and then interview 6 people; 2 friends, 2 referrals, and 2 strangers about their financial status.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

3 Separate interviews were needed during the process. First was very basic, second interview asked many of the same questions, some a little more in depth. Before you're third interview you are required to survey 10 family members or friends and present your findings.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

The interview process is professional. Beginning with an introduction presentation in a big meeting room. After presentation, all candidate filled out an question sheet with some questions about yourselves. Then, the recruiter gave out one general question for everyone to answer. People take turns to answer this question in front of each other in the room.