Northwestern Mutual Financial Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.4

Financial Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in December 2014.

There was a total of 5 interviews to go through before I got an offer. First interview explained the position. After that I met with the director I would be working under. Then there were some activities I was given to complete to see if I was a good for for the position.

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Financial Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in December 2014.

Behavioral Questions were asked. If you look around on the internet there are many questions that will give you a general idea. Remember to show interest in working for the company and smile...It is a challenging job but doable if you are self-motivated and know 200 people.

Interview Questions
    • What other companies have you applied to?
      Why do you want work with us?
      Do you know 200 people?
      How would people who know you describe you when you are not present in the room?
      Are you coachable?
      A time when you faced difficult situation and how did you resolve it?

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in December 2014.

It was a typical interview process one on one, basic personality questions. Ask about your plans for the next 3 to 5 years. Then they ask you to take a personality survey.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in December 2014.

Formal interview in the office. Very laid back, interviewer was very nice and didn't mind chit chatting about hobbies and small talk. All behavior based questions. At the end I was given project 100 like everyone else and then it seemed like the interviewer was trying to persuade me to work for them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

The interview process took a couple weeks and I met with 4 or 5 different people. The interview questions were very basic and mostly related to if you can handle a sales position. Some things they asked were when have you have failed and how did you handled it, and if you are ok with rejection. Nothing unexpected

Interview Questions
    • You have to do a market survey to show them you can handle sitting down with people and that you can get referrals.   Answer Question
    none, all commission

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

3 interviews, all in-person at the location. First was with the campus recruiter, the second with a financial representative, and the third was a powerpoint presentation to 3 people (the first two people you interviewed with and the head director of campus recruitment). The presentation was on why you should be hired

Interview Questions
    • "Describe to me a situation where you encountered rejection. How did you deal with it?"   Answer Question
    None

Financial Representative Interview

The interview consists of 5 interviews total, an emotional intelligence aptitude exam, as well as a suitability questionnaire. The interview was very much so based on trial and error and how well you can adapt to several scenarios. Meeting with clients face to face, work ethic, and if you have the ability to be self-motivated is most important.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time you handled a difficult situation with a customer. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

very informal, straight forward questions, nothing tricky or too complicated to answer, their idea is to get a sense of who you are and what you are looking for in efforts to see if you will be a good fit

Financial Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

It was a three-step interview process. Phone prescreen, in-person, and phone once again. It was not too bad. Understand and show how you could benefit the company. The first phone interview basically consisted of getting to know who you are as a person. This would help them see if you are culturally fit for the particular type of business. In-person, I got a closer look at what my day-to-day life would be like as an intern, a project that I would be responsible for completing in about a week, and showed them a presentation. The last phase of the interview process basically laid the foundation of what Northwestern Mutual offers to clients.

Financial Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Very Easy, they contacted me after a friend refereed me to the recruiter during his interview. There was a phone interview that was very general interview question. Then another 1:1 with the college unit director and finally with the managing director. All the interviews were very laid back and easy going.