Northwestern Mutual Financial Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.4

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online then contacted for a phone interview. Phone interview mostly about yourself and your family and a little about your background. A week later was contacted for in person interview which was a fairly straightforward interview. Contacted the next day for a 3rd interview that will be set up a week later.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in January 2015.

Interview

The people who you talk to are extremely outgoing and easy to talk to. They seem to have a genuine interest in who you are. After my interview I was asked to interview people I knew well and get referrals and then contact the referrals. The first interviews are a breeze but people hesitate to give you referrals and the referrals definitely hesitate to give you referrals.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very long. It consisted of a couple phone interviews and a power point presentation. I also had to complete the "Rhino Project" which is basically a booklet that you write down the contact information of 100 people that you know in. They love college athletes and great communicators. Remember that the internship is a sales position so try to present like one (be convincing and don't b.s.).

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Was contacted by a campus recruiter. She told me to send her my resume. I sent it and was contacted by my local office to come in for an interview. I scheduled my interview on the phone and was given an email confirmation of the date and time.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

It was very easy. It felt like a conversation more than an interview. I had 2 rounds of interviews. After the first interview, I was given a "challenge" to get as many referrals as I could out of 50 possible. I got 47. It was easy-medium to get the referrals.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

They will call to screen you, and that is followed by 2-4 in person interviews with recruiters and managers. The people you deal with are very friendly and want you to become apart of the team. I didn't accept because another opportunity came up, however I was willing and ready to become apart of the team. Just watch out, it is advertised as "top ten internship in the US" but it is as good as the work you put into it, or at least thats what I gathered from my brief experience there.

Interview Questions

Other opportunity came up, however I was willing and ready to become apart of the team. Just watch out, it is advertised as "top ten internship in the US" but it is as good as the work you put into it, or at least thats what I gathered from my brief experience there.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

The interview was very straightforward and weighs heavily on your goals and your network of friends and family. I decided not to proceed to the final round because selling insurance is not what I intend to do out of college. It is a lucrative field but can be very difficult for those who have a limited network.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are behavioral and straightforward, mostly goal oriented.   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in December 2014.

Interview

There was a total of 5 interviews to go through before I got an offer. First interview explained the position. After that I met with the director I would be working under. Then there were some activities I was given to complete to see if I was a good for for the position.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in December 2014.

Interview

Behavioral Questions were asked. If you look around on the internet there are many questions that will give you a general idea. Remember to show interest in working for the company and smile...It is a challenging job but doable if you are self-motivated and know 200 people.

Interview Questions

• What other companies have you applied to?
      Why do you want work with us?
      Do you know 200 people?
      How would people who know you describe you when you are not present in the room?
      Are you coachable?
      A time when you faced difficult situation and how did you resolve it?

Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Orlando, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

It was a typical interview process one on one, basic personality questions. Ask about your plans for the next 3 to 5 years. Then they ask you to take a personality survey.