Northwestern Mutual Financial Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.4

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Ask you to complete a survey where you find 30 people to grow your book of business. Process takes about 1 month. It is a good internship if you are expecting to cold call a lot of people and are really interested in working as a financial representative.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Very lengthy, 3 stage process to become a sales person. At stage 2 you will be required to create a Skype presentation. You are then expected to make a list of 200 people that you can contact at the 3rd stage of the interview and then interview 6 people; 2 friends, 2 referrals, and 2 strangers about their financial status.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

3 Separate interviews were needed during the process. First was very basic, second interview asked many of the same questions, some a little more in depth. Before you're third interview you are required to survey 10 family members or friends and present your findings.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

The interview process is professional. Beginning with an introduction presentation in a big meeting room. After presentation, all candidate filled out an question sheet with some questions about yourselves. Then, the recruiter gave out one general question for everyone to answer. People take turns to answer this question in front of each other in the room.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Thorough. They conduct 4 interviews with various people around the company. You get a good idea of what it takes to succeed there as well as what they expect of you. Assessments are given throughout the process and they review these with you. You get the sense that they wouldn't bring you back for multiple interviews if they didn't think you were a good fit. That is confidence alone when they bring you on board.

Interview Questions

• What is a major accomplishment that you were proud of, professional or personal, and why?   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

After the application process a recruiter reached out to me for a 1-on-1 interview. Afterwards I was called back for a Skype Interview in which they briefly my responsibilities. Got a call back a week later with an offer. They were both very laid back interviews, friendly people that just wanted to get to know your personality.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you're a good fit for this position?   1 Answer

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process went very well. The first step in the process was a phone screening. The recruiter asked basic behavioral interview questions. It was a very conversational interview as well. The interviewer was very interested in me but preferred that I applied next year for the same position because they were looking for someone with a little more college experience. The recruiter was really nice and wants to continue to keep in touch throughout this next year.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Lombard, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Met the recruiter at my school's career fair. The first interview was a phone interview that took around 30 minutes. The recruiter was very kind, and asked mostly behavioral based questions. Not very hard at all. Asked me about my family and background, and asked me to describe my greatest strengths and weaknesses. After the questions she told me about the company and what I would be doing as a financial representative. At the end she asked me if I had any questions I wanted to ask her. After the phone interview I was scheduled to meet in person with the company near my town.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose your school?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Charlotte, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Very laid back and didn't discuss the internship very much. Got very off topic and constantly asked for more interviews. Always started interview late. Rushed through interviews. Asked many off topic questions

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do in your free time   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Grand Rapids, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

I had one interview, then was asked to complete several surveys. Came in a week later and was offered the position. It was very upfront and simple. Like many others have mentioned, kind of felt like they are just using young people to sell insurance to their families and close friends. I was straightforward with them and said my family members and friends will come to me if they want financial advice, I'm not going to be calling them setting up meetings for the sake of weekly meetings. There are creative ways to find new clients without having your circle start avoiding you. I shared some of my ideas and they seemed to appreciate my honesty.

Interview Questions

• What is your perception of the financial reps you know?   1 Answer