Northwestern Mutual Financial Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.4

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

It was very easy. It felt like a conversation more than an interview. I had 2 rounds of interviews. After the first interview, I was given a "challenge" to get as many referrals as I could out of 50 possible. I got 47. It was easy-medium to get the referrals.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

They will call to screen you, and that is followed by 2-4 in person interviews with recruiters and managers. The people you deal with are very friendly and want you to become apart of the team. I didn't accept because another opportunity came up, however I was willing and ready to become apart of the team. Just watch out, it is advertised as "top ten internship in the US" but it is as good as the work you put into it, or at least thats what I gathered from my brief experience there.

Interview Questions

Other opportunity came up, however I was willing and ready to become apart of the team. Just watch out, it is advertised as "top ten internship in the US" but it is as good as the work you put into it, or at least thats what I gathered from my brief experience there.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

The interview was very straightforward and weighs heavily on your goals and your network of friends and family. I decided not to proceed to the final round because selling insurance is not what I intend to do out of college. It is a lucrative field but can be very difficult for those who have a limited network.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are behavioral and straightforward, mostly goal oriented.   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in December 2014.

Interview

There was a total of 5 interviews to go through before I got an offer. First interview explained the position. After that I met with the director I would be working under. Then there were some activities I was given to complete to see if I was a good for for the position.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in December 2014.

Interview

Behavioral Questions were asked. If you look around on the internet there are many questions that will give you a general idea. Remember to show interest in working for the company and smile...It is a challenging job but doable if you are self-motivated and know 200 people.

Interview Questions

• What other companies have you applied to?
      Why do you want work with us?
      Do you know 200 people?
      How would people who know you describe you when you are not present in the room?
      Are you coachable?
      A time when you faced difficult situation and how did you resolve it?

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Orlando, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

It was a typical interview process one on one, basic personality questions. Ask about your plans for the next 3 to 5 years. Then they ask you to take a personality survey.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Austin, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

Formal interview in the office. Very laid back, interviewer was very nice and didn't mind chit chatting about hobbies and small talk. All behavior based questions. At the end I was given project 100 like everyone else and then it seemed like the interviewer was trying to persuade me to work for them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Skokie, IL).

Interview

The interview process took a couple weeks and I met with 4 or 5 different people. The interview questions were very basic and mostly related to if you can handle a sales position. Some things they asked were when have you have failed and how did you handled it, and if you are ok with rejection. Nothing unexpected

Interview Questions

• You have to do a market survey to show them you can handle sitting down with people and that you can get referrals.   Answer Question

Negotiation

none, all commission

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Richmond, VA).

Interview

3 interviews, all in-person at the location. First was with the campus recruiter, the second with a financial representative, and the third was a powerpoint presentation to 3 people (the first two people you interviewed with and the head director of campus recruitment). The presentation was on why you should be hired

Interview Questions

• "Describe to me a situation where you encountered rejection. How did you deal with it?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Financial Representative Interview

Interview

The interview consists of 5 interviews total, an emotional intelligence aptitude exam, as well as a suitability questionnaire. The interview was very much so based on trial and error and how well you can adapt to several scenarios. Meeting with clients face to face, work ethic, and if you have the ability to be self-motivated is most important.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you handled a difficult situation with a customer. What was the outcome?   Answer Question