Northwestern Mutual

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.4

Financial Representative Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in October 2014.

3 interviews pretty causal ask you about your goals, where you see yourself headed in 5 years. You first meet with a recruiter then you meet with a branch manager. Mutual exploration process.

Interview Questions
No negotiation because it's an internship.

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in October 2014.

Went in for an interview at their San Jose office. The questions were mostly behavioral/personal such as tell me about yourself, how do you define success, why do you want to work here, do you want to work in sales, where do you see yourself in 5 years etc. They also asked what I knew about Northwestern Mutual and what products they offer. The interview was really short. After the interview they email you 2 surveys to complete.

Interview Questions

Not interested in a sales position that's completely commission based.

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in October 2014.

I applied through my college, and the HR team called and arranged an interview after a week. The interview process was neutral. The HR Director only read through my resume and circled relevant experiences. Since I have nothing they are looking for, the interview process did not take that long.

Financial Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in October 2014.

I have a scheduled phone interview with the recruiter. I waited half an hour after the scheduled time, but when the recruiter called and apologized for not calling at the time scheduled, it appeared as the interviewer were driving.

I was asked about my greatest achievement, but I could tell the recruiter was distracted as she was behind the wheel. After I answered the question, the recruiter decided that it's not possible to interview and drive at the same time, and I agreed. I was told that she would call back tomorrow, but she never did.

Financial Representative Interview

Emailed regarding a summer internship to a local recruiter who then called to get to know me a bit better. There is also an online personality/sales test that you must take to see your dynamic and for them to see how you would fit with the company. Met with them at the career fair to get a little more information about the job. Set an interview for a couple of weeks later.

Financial Representative Interview

Very friendly, and basic interview structure. General questions (biggest weakness, strength, etc) Process took 2 interviews the second one I had to present a PP for a board of recruiters. Fantastic place to work

Financial Representative Interview

Three interviews in total. Your given some homework to complete but its very simple. You are required to submit a background check which is understandable considering its the financial services industry. One phone interview and several one on one interviews with your hiring manager.

Anonymous Employee in Mishawaka, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Mishawaka, IN

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Was contacted via email by the local recruiting agent. Have gone through two interviews. First interview was just asked a few behavioral questions and then got a chance to ask some questions about the position. After that they sent me an easy 15 minute online assessment (pick the words that describe you best, etc.) and once I submitted that they invited me back for a second interview. This one was more behavioral and personal questions. At the end the interviewer gave me a packet of mini-cases to do and said that if I like these then this job will be a good fit for me and we can discuss getting you the position. If you hate the cases then this will be a very bad fit for you. She was very friendly and made sure to emphasize that I should be honest with myself because this is the type of position where if you try to force yourself into it when you don't fit there you will certainly fail. Overall a very relaxed interview process. You can definitely tell from the way the interviewer talked though that the financial representatives need to be very driven.

Interview Questions
    • What was your parent's parenting style like and how do you think that affected your development and who you are today.   Answer Question

I don't think this position will affect my personality very well. Additionally, I do not think I will be in the area very long and all the work I'd do in my first year or two would then be wasted.

Financial Representative Interview

Applied through college, got an email about an onsite interview in a week. The interviewer referred me to a different position that she thought would be a better fit for me. I agreed to apply to that position. Followed up once but didn't get any response.

Interview Questions
    • How would your peers describe you. I didn't prepare for this question and got a little nervous so I said people would say that I'm nice.   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

first stage for interview was behavioral questions. the hiring recruiter just wanted to make sure i had interpersonal skills. entire interview took 30 mins and was very straightforward. the first stage is just to set you up for the next interview where they give you an assignment to complete by next interview.