Northwestern Mutual

2.5

295 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rochester, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

There was an extensive interview process that took me about a month or two. The interviewer was very calming and relaxed, it was the best interview experience I've ever had because we treated it like a simple conversation. The most important thing they look for is that you are driven, ambitious, and self-motivated. On top of that you need to be able to hold down a conversation as that is 90% of the job. After the first interview I had to conduct a suitability assessment online, then I had to put together a presentation on myself and why I was a good fit for Northwestern Mutual. After that I had to conduct 15 market surveys to see how well I could prospect referrals and how well I could gather information out of client interviews. After that I had to be certified to sell Life Insurance, Annuities, and Health Insurance in my state of residence and then I had to pass a background check which took awhile and then went to an intensive week of training which has been followed up by weekly product trainings. It was a very good business model, very professionally run and very supportive. It's a lot of work but if you have the opportunity I highly recommend interviewing for Northwestern Mutual, best company I've ever worked for!

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Applied online via indeed. Was given a call a few days later to come in for an interview. Because I was only in California for a short amount of time, was scheduled my second interview a week later and was offered the position as a financial representative. Overall the interview process was for the most part, pretty standard and straight forward.

Interview Questions
    • How will you grow your book of business?   View Answer
    Very straight forward. Not too much room for negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied online - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

A recruiter contact me almost immediately. Easy interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was fairly predictable. Standard interview questions. Drawn out over 4 face-to-face interviews.   Answer Question
    100% commission. So, no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Easy interviews. 3 in person interview and they ask mostly the same questions. They are looking mostly for people who already have contacts that they can sell to. You also have to take a personality test to see if you are a go getter. The whole position is 100% commission and you have to call your friends and family and ask for referrals. They have you go on practice meetings to ask for more referrals.

No Negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in March 2014.

Contacted by recruiter and agreed to come in for interview. Asked series of scripted questions, but many were standard questions asked in most interviews. Was also asked questions about family, network, etc. for obvious reasons. What threw me off was getting asked for 5 people whp may also be interested in the position as well with names and numbers.

Comission based

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in March 2014.

First Phone Screening went great and called in for an in person interview the next day. Very pleasant and enthusiastic interviewer. Made me feel very comfortable

Interview Questions
    • Name one of your challenges working in a group in the past   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in March 2014.

3 step; 1. with Recruiter very easy laid back. 2. with actual employee with clients, more professional asked to come up with 150 names and numbers and then a powerpoint of why you are good. 3. bring back the names and present the powerpoint of why you would would be good for the job

Not what I wanted to do

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Overall it was an easy interviewing process. If you be yourself then the whole process will come easy. You are asked to do surveys where you interview a group of people and get feedback. The process length depends on your time and how easily you are able to come in for the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are not hard they are just trying to get to know you. They are looking to see different traits that allow you to excel in the position.   View Answer

Financial Representative Interview

Interview was very relaxed. Questions were all based on personal experiences. The internship is predicated on obtaining friends, family and contacts to obtain insurance through Northwestern Mutual. Potential clients must fit certain criteria which they present to you. After first round interview you are given a homework assignment to gauge if you can succeed in the role.

Interview Questions
    • Homework assignment to get friends and family to sign up.   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Was introduced to this through a friend that linked me to a recruiter. Very basic interview questions asking me about my drive, what was important to me, and so on. They also have you take a personality test that is used as an indicator as to the potential of your success.

commission based