Northwestern Mutual

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Insurance Sales Intern Interview

Wayne, PA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview Details – I got the initial interview by sending in my resume to Northwestern in the hopes of getting a response. After a few weeks, I got a call about a summer position. I couldn't pick up the phone right away, but I called back later when I could. They were nice, but straight business right away. I was not expecting to have the first round of interview when I called back. Luckily, I didn't sound too much like an idiot. They simply asked about my life and points on my resume. They did ask questions such as "What is the proudest moment of my life?", and "What was the most difficult thing you have ever over come". Quite easy, really. I then was told that I will receive, by email, instructions for the next round of interviews.

The next round was filling out a ridiculous questionnaire, that seemed very tedious and almost pointless. On top of that, I needed to create a PowerPoint Presentation, on myself and about the company. The presentation was to see how you were as a public speaker: the presentation itself was useless. After that, I was on to the third and final round of interview. Before the interview, I needed to interview 5 acquaintances about their feelings towards insurance companies and what they look for in an insurance salesman. This was the most difficult part for me, but it was the most informative. Finally, I had a sit down with the recruiting manager (who was really into himself), and just had a small chat. Nothing really more than a "getting to know you"

Interview Question – What was the most difficult obstacle you had to face in your life, and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was an Econ major and I was offered a position at an Economic Development Council.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Northwestern Mutual

Worked for Northwestern Mutual? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northwestern Mutual Insurance Sales Intern interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Northwestern Mutual employees and interview candidates.