Northwestern Mutual Intern Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.3

Intern Interview

Interview

There were three interviews. The first as a standard interview. The second was with the internship manager. The third you have to give a presentation on the internship to the manager.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (North Andover, MA).

Interview

I submitted a small profile to a recruiting site and was contacted in less than 24 hours. It seemed desperate to call back that soon. I was then asked to come down for a group interview in one of the offices where 6 of us were shown a PowerPoint and then given separate time with the recruiter for one on one time.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process is made up of 3 separate interviews/sessions. The first one is a group information session over a conference call watching a presentation on gotomeeting. Following up from that presentation you must do a separate application process of answering questions provided.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

three round of interview, first round is just basic to get to know you
    second round is bring your marketing survey(ask people about your investment choice)
    I didnt get to the third round

Interview Questions

• Give five names that you can think of to talk about insurance product   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Skype interview which included the standard interview questions. Then there was an in person interview which followed the same style. Overall, fairly simple process. Offer was given within a week. I interned with them for 1 summer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Wellesley, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

So this was a really chill and easy process. They will call you on the phone and talk to you for a bit, then invite you into the office. Once in the office they will give you a brief 30 minute fit interview, mostly explaining the internship. I did not pursue it further because they ask you to fill out a sheet with your potential market aka your friends and family. I did not feel comfortable doing that.

Interview Questions

• walk me through your resume.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Newport Beach, CA).

Interview

Was chosen by a campus recruiter. They were extremely nice and outgoing. Everyone who works there is vey friendly and always willing to help you with anything you need. Great work environment and very flexible with school and other job schedules.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

I met some recruiters at a career fair in school, they seemed to be having some trouble attracting interested people, but we had a good talk and they pursued an interview. I talked with the regional intern director on the phone for 40 minutes or so, she got back to me a few weeks later and offered an interview at the prospective office. That second part was a huge waste of time, they were trying to sell the internship more, I don't think they even asked any questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in February 2015.

Interview

I met the intern coordinator at a career and internship fair at my university. He looked over my resume and scheduled an interview. I had an interview with a financial representative. It was very informal as far as interviews are concerned. He asked me what I knew about the company, what I see myself doing in the future, if I go up to people and ask them for help when I need it, etc. Then he asked what questions I had and essentially let me pick his brain and he walked me through his experience. It was more of a conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect to be doing as an intern on a daily basis?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Morristown, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

Quick interview, very conversational, talked all about the position and a lot about the office social life. Interviewer was very young, she laid out the basic commission structure and weekly pay and so on. Process was extremely informal Skype interview, she told me about how the job's pay was correlated to what you put into it, "what you put in is what you get out" even though I have heard otherwise. She made a point to tell me that they don't want to force me to sell to family and friends, although in the starter packet she sent me, one of the first things they say to do is think about your "network" and who you would sell to/