Northwestern Mutual Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

2.2

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Skype interview which included the standard interview questions. Then there was an in person interview which followed the same style. Overall, fairly simple process. Offer was given within a week. I interned with them for 1 summer.

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Intern Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

three round of interview, first round is just basic to get to know you
    second round is bring your marketing survey(ask people about your investment choice)
    I didnt get to the third round

Interview Questions
    • Give five names that you can think of to talk about insurance product   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Was chosen by a campus recruiter. They were extremely nice and outgoing. Everyone who works there is vey friendly and always willing to help you with anything you need. Great work environment and very flexible with school and other job schedules.

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

I met some recruiters at a career fair in school, they seemed to be having some trouble attracting interested people, but we had a good talk and they pursued an interview. I talked with the regional intern director on the phone for 40 minutes or so, she got back to me a few weeks later and offered an interview at the prospective office. That second part was a huge waste of time, they were trying to sell the internship more, I don't think they even asked any questions.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in February 2015.

I met the intern coordinator at a career and internship fair at my university. He looked over my resume and scheduled an interview. I had an interview with a financial representative. It was very informal as far as interviews are concerned. He asked me what I knew about the company, what I see myself doing in the future, if I go up to people and ask them for help when I need it, etc. Then he asked what questions I had and essentially let me pick his brain and he walked me through his experience. It was more of a conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions
    • What do you expect to be doing as an intern on a daily basis?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in February 2015.

Quick interview, very conversational, talked all about the position and a lot about the office social life. Interviewer was very young, she laid out the basic commission structure and weekly pay and so on. Process was extremely informal Skype interview, she told me about how the job's pay was correlated to what you put into it, "what you put in is what you get out" even though I have heard otherwise. She made a point to tell me that they don't want to force me to sell to family and friends, although in the starter packet she sent me, one of the first things they say to do is think about your "network" and who you would sell to/

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in February 2015.

They try to sell how its a top internship in the country. They don't say that you have to try and get your friends and family to sign up for their insurance. You aren't given any leads. Compensation is all commission based so they don't lose any money if they don't like you.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Nice people. 3 round interview process. First one is a get to know you. Second is where they tell you more about the job and give you some homework. Third, is an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult thing you had to over come in your life?   Answer Question

Not the format of compensation I was looking for.

Intern Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

The office seemed very professional and I had a rest interviewer, a very nice guy, and he really sold me on the company, I'm looking forward to an internship with them and and working with this staff.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in January 2015.

Applied online by submitting my resume, and was contacted a week or so later by the college recruiter. Came in for an discussion about what working their is like and what the internship program entails. Came back for a second interview to present a power point presentation about why you are a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • Find twenty people you could contact during the internship.   Answer Question