Northwestern Mutual

Updated Jan 27, 2015

2.2

155 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

I met some recruiters at a career fair in school, they seemed to be having some trouble attracting interested people, but we had a good talk and they pursued an interview. I talked with the regional intern director on the phone for 40 minutes or so, she got back to me a few weeks later and offered an interview at the prospective office. That second part was a huge waste of time, they were trying to sell the internship more, I don't think they even asked any questions.

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Nice people. 3 round interview process. First one is a get to know you. Second is where they tell you more about the job and give you some homework. Third, is an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult thing you had to over come in your life?   Answer Question

Not the format of compensation I was looking for.

Intern Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

The office seemed very professional and I had a rest interviewer, a very nice guy, and he really sold me on the company, I'm looking forward to an internship with them and and working with this staff.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in January 2015.

Applied online by submitting my resume, and was contacted a week or so later by the college recruiter. Came in for an discussion about what working their is like and what the internship program entails. Came back for a second interview to present a power point presentation about why you are a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • Find twenty people you could contact during the internship.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in January 2015.

I was contacted based on my resume on my University's resume book. First interview was just to get to know you. Basic behavioral questions and situational questions. Afterwards, you're given a marketing survey and you have to ask people about their views on health insurance. It's mostly just to get you familiar with talking to people and to see if you can get referrals. None of the numbers you write down are going to be used by any means. They all come back to you for future reference should you like to use them in the future.

Interview Questions
    • What were some difficult experiences you went through and how did you overcome them? What is your proudest moment/achievements.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Meet with some of the intern managers and talked about goals. Then presented a presentation about northwestern mutual and the history. Came back for second interview and talked about how to get certafied.

Intern Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in December 2014.

My interview process with Northwestern was very relaxed and low-stress. However, this might not be the case for all Northwestern Mutual branches.

My first interview was very structured with your typical interview questions and my second interview was more about answering my questions about the internship

Interview Questions
    • When you hear the world "sales" what one word comes to mind?   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in November 2014.

The interview was very smooth, more of a one on one conversation then a traditional interview. The recruiter I worked with was very nice and offered constructive interview feedback when we completed. (This interview was conducted through a university for the initial purpose of gaining interviewing experience.)

Interview Questions
    • Your basic situational questions... Tell me about a time that...   Answer Question

The company's growth strategies are not in-line with my personal values.

Intern Interview

I applied through a career fair. Scheduled and in person interview right away. The recruiters were great, enthusiastic, and eager to tell me more. For me it was not a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, first interview was talking about my goals.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in October 2014.

Casual, asked a few behavioral questions and about family background. Simple one on one interview where the interviewee went through resume. Asked about what you think success is, what would you like to be doing in 5 years, previous job experiences, and what you are most proud of.

Interview Questions
    • If you could pick one animal what would you be and why?   Answer Question