Northwestern Mutual Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.2

Intern Interview

Interview

Very simple, but split into 3 portions. The group interview was the easiest, then I had to give a presentation on a topic of their choosing. Still waiting on the call back for the third round of the process.

Interview Questions

• Give a presentation to manager on the inters hi experiace   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

The initial interview was more of a pre-screening interview where I met with the recruiter and had a "get to know" conversation with him to see if I would be a good fit for their internship program. At the end of the interview there was "homework" where I had to come up with a list of 100 people (mostly family & friends) I could call on the first day of the internship.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you faced rejection and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

The first interview was basic background interview questions. After my first interview, I had to take a personality test. After the personality test was a more in depth interview, then a presentation to finish.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an altercation in the workplace.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

I was out of the city I was interning for in the Summer, so my interviews were mostly skype. I was first brought into my local office and we just discussed Northwestern Mutual. Next I had a skype interview and after that another skyper interview with a presentation. At this point I decided the job was not right for me and I withdrew myself from the process.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness? What do you think this internship will be like?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

They seemed really eager to have me join their team, but then you realize that they are eager for *anyone* to join their team because the role of the intern is to get 100 of their friends and family to buy insurance. I don't understand why they have everyone pretense in going through their interview process when the only question that matters to them is whether you have 100 contacts.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I could develop a list of 100 people that I could communicate with about NW mutual   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

There were three interviews. The first as a standard interview. The second was with the internship manager. The third you have to give a presentation on the internship to the manager.

Anonymous Employee in North Andover, MA

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (North Andover, MA).

Interview

I submitted a small profile to a recruiting site and was contacted in less than 24 hours. It seemed desperate to call back that soon. I was then asked to come down for a group interview in one of the offices where 6 of us were shown a PowerPoint and then given separate time with the recruiter for one on one time.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview was an average one. It was done by Skype, but they told me that I would be selling insurance only to my friends and family which was a turn off. Then had to complete a personality quiz which they reviewed.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process is made up of 3 separate interviews/sessions. The first one is a group information session over a conference call watching a presentation on gotomeeting. Following up from that presentation you must do a separate application process of answering questions provided.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

4 interviews. Over the phone and 3 in person. You need to do a powerpoint presentation also. You need to know a lot of people if you don't know 100 people this job is not for you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What kind of personality and what drives you?   Answer Question