Northwestern Mutual

Updated Dec 13, 2014

2.2

150 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Had an over the phone screening. Asked to make sure I was interested in the position. Face to face meeting lasting an hour. Asked basic questions such as where do you see yourself in the company etc. Also asked my business plan and who I would call in the area.

Interview Questions
Nothing is really negotiable.

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Intern Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

3 step process, pretty straight forward, Got the internship and accepted. Room to be extremely successful if you set your mind to it. I met with the partner of the firm and he was a really laid back guy. Gave me stats on salary percentage of the office, I was blown away and motivated to pursue my career here!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing, mostly straight forward interview based questions.   Answer Question
    They congratulated me, and I met with the partner of the firm, really cool guy and look forward to meeting him more then once.

Intern Interview

interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in April 2014.

I first received a phone interview from a recruiter, fallowed by an in person interview with a previous top intern. They want a list of 100 to 200 names of potential clients before the intern starts. I wasn't interested.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were basic tell me about yourself questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in April 2014.

Process took about 4 weeks. Initial screening with recruiter over the phone, met in person 2 weeks later for another interview, wants you to survey 5 people as your next assignment, then final interview with the hiring manager.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

It was a pretty easy interview, but afterword you are given an assignment to complete where you must interview people about their financial information. After this there will be another interview/ presentation.

Intern Interview

The interview was very laid back and simple. Most of the questions were easy and more behavioral based. They ask questions about your extended network of potential clients. The interview takes place at the NWM office, and if you're accepted they send you a project 100 assignment which makes you fill out prospective information about your family and friends. Second interview is after that and pretty similar.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Called to set up in person interview with manager, once they decided if you were a possible fit, they scheduled another interview with a manager to gage your interest and see if you were the right fit.

Interview Questions
    • basic question, asked about background and future aspirations.   Answer Question

Unpaid.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hartford, CT

I applied in-person – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

I was approached at an internship fair by a recruiter. Then had an interview with the recruiter I had met. It was very conversation based and the environment seemed very welcoming. From there, I was asked to complete a series of interviews about various peoples' financial information that I was supposed to present to a board of people.

Interview Questions
    • What is my ideal work environment? Why?   View Answer

I found another position that more suited my needs. In addition, I did not like the idea of soliciting my family members and close friends for their financial information.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

The hiring process was very laid back. I got in contact with the recruiter and set up an interview at a local office. At the interview the recruiter was very nice and I basically just walked her through my resume. The behavior questions were just the typical, leadership, teamwork, conflict.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was very difficult in this interview. One of the more easy ones.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Applied online, got a call a few days later probing my interest in the position. Ended up some what knowing the recruiter. Asked to do a few personality/job fit questionnaires. After completing this portion, got a call a few days later for a more in depth interview. Asked if I would commit to an in person interview with a HR manager, turned it down as I had come across other opportunities and was not that interested in commission based pay.

Interview Questions
    • Was probed about family and friends info. NWM extracted info from me to recruit friends, and wanted to know if they were also interested in buying insurance plans etc.   Answer Question