Northwestern Mutual

Updated Feb 26, 2015
Updated Feb 26, 2015

2.2

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

College recruiter was very welcoming. Asked basic questions such as background, experience, education, and why you'd be interested in interning as a financial representative. Overall, the first interview was very pleasant and made it seem like a very nice place to work because everyone is suited up. Second interview was with the actual team manager the intern would be working under. Again, similar interview but this time made the career as a financial rep sound very promising, and that may or may not be true.

Interview Questions
  • What would happen if you were to walk out of this room and something happened to you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Intern Interview

They called me on the phone really early in the morning, seemed like a test to see whether I could think on my toes or not.

Interview Questions
    • Would you rather have me give you 1 dollar every day for the rest of your life or 1000 dollars right now.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in February 2014.

Definitely seems like a great place to work and a great community. First interview was solely behavioral with barely even a focus on my resume. Second interview was also more about the company than me as a candidate. Throughout the interview process Northwestern did a great job of communicating exactly what they do as a company and what I would do as an intern.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in February 2014.

Applied through my college and had a phone interview. The lady that called was very kind. She gave me a run down of the internship and what it had to offer and gave me some questions to answer. After the first interview she called back again with another phone call asking some basic questions and giving me the offer to come in person for a personal interview.

Interview Questions

It was a commission based internship.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Northwestern came to my school with what seemed to be some decent opportunities. As most reviews state, the process is long and probably not worth it.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were typical interview questions. Just be prepared and know your resume   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Very laid back, no stress interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in December 2013.

Was initially contacted through LinkedIn, and an interview was set up within a day. Everybody was very friendly and the interviews were the easiest Ive had. Simple fit questions. They realize that not many people are interested in selling life insurance to their family and friends, so they recruit just about anybody and make the interview process very easy to get through.

Interview Questions

If you feel comfortable with cold calling your friends and family to sell life insurance, this is the internship for you. However, this is not finance related at all, like they make it seem, and is almost completely commission. I truly have no idea how this ranked a top internship program.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Several rounds involving filling out survey forms

100 a week

Intern Interview

They were very friendly people and easy to just talk with. They asked mostly behavioral questions to see if you have sales ability and ability to bring clients in. I interviewed in their office, the initial interview was a group interview. There was a personality test online in order to screen

Interview Questions
    • Asked you to "sell" them a random object in the room. You could work in team with other interviewees or just "sell" your item alone.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

nice, quick, fancy, and interesting