Northwestern Mutual

Updated Oct 19, 2014

2.3

143 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

I met them through a job fair about 3 weeks later I got a phone call about an interview.

Interview Questions
I'm in the process of thinking about it

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in August 2013.

First interview with recruiter to get to know me. Very casual and laid back. Second with Managing director a bit more critical.

Interview Questions
    • What has been your most challenging or biggest barrier to overcome thus far in life?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Had to go into 4 different interviews hearing them say that they like new recruits. They want new recruits because they have new contacts that they can exploit.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to sell insurance to friends and family?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Meet a recruiter at a career fair and he almost immediately asked for my resume. He actually contacted me after the career fair and asked if I wanted to get together for an informal interview. I meet with him and we talked about the company and what the life of a intern would be. I got the feeling that it would be all sales based and not focused on finance. I did not pursue the internship anymore although I was invited to come back for another interview. They seemed to eager to hire people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in June 2013.

Interview process was three steps. FInal interview required 150 contacts to use in the beginning of the internship

Interview Questions
    100% commission based internship.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

I met with a HR rep at the place. It was mainly behavioral questions and questions to get to know you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interviewed for LA branch via phone (I'm in SF Bay Area). Friendly interviewer, being able to hold a good conversation was key to success. After initial interview, I was asked to do a sort of Myers-Briggs test online.

Intern Interview

Went to a career fair on campus and met with the recruiter. He put me in touch with his boss and I interviewed in the career center on campus.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too bad. Very easy conversation and no tough questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in April 2013.

I was referred to join Northwestern Mutual from a friend and decided to apply. I notice that they hire by the numbers because Northwestern Mutual understands that there is a very low retention rate.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was very friendly. Once I walked into the room, they were talking to me as if I already received the internship.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in April 2013.

Interacted at a career fair and was contacted later by a recruiter. Scheduled a first interview that was informational with standard questions like what are your greatest strengths/weaknesses. The second interview was based on a presentation covering the financial services industry and northwestern mutual. The third is an assignment involving the demonstration and experience of networking and financial interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the financial services industry and what are your opinions on the topic.   View Answer