Northwestern Mutual

Updated Nov 12, 2014

2.5

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Internship Interview

Met one of their representative at the career fair. Interviewing today, not sure what to expect. Hoping everything will go well. Met one of their representative at the career fair. Interviewing today, not sure what to expect. Hoping everything will go well.

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in March 2014.

I talked to one of the representative during the career fair and a couple of weeks later they ask me if I were still interested. It was a fast and easy process. First meeting was just an informational and 2nd was just one on one with one of the recruiters. I really like the interview process and they all make you feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • If one day you wake up and can take anyone job what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in JAX Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in JAX Beach, FL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

The first one qualifies you. The next one puts you on a list of 20 and from there everything is really based on you. I was given a packet to complete (interview people, etc). You really should complete this and show you tried.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in March 2012.

The first interview was to get to know me better, very basic questions just to see if I was a fit. After the interview I was asked to write a brief essay of my amazing future and then I got asked for a second interview!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in January 2010.

Basically, I applied through an online posting. The interview was pretty normal. I went down the office and the interviewee told me about the position and what entailed. She asked me about my resume and past history. Here is where they get you, they have you fill out forms about people who would be potentially want to buy health/life insurance through northwestern. After a few weeks of these take home assignments to find people who would be interested in buying their products, I was given an offer and declined. The position was completely commission based which is something i was not interested in.

Interview Questions

The postions was completely commission based.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newburgh, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newburgh, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in November 2009.

The process is done in three interviews. The first is with the college internship coordinator. She asks you about your resume and what you think you could bring to the company. The 2nd interview is with regional director. He makes you give a presentation and asks you to fill out as many contact sheets as you can when you get home.

Internship Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in January 2009.

The company had an initial one on one interview that involved going over my resume and asking questions about my past experiences. Basic interview, it included some material on what the company does and what would be involved with acceptance of the job. I had several interviews that tested my communication skills and also involved contacting people for surveys to analyze my market.