Northwestern Mutual Internship Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2015

2.7

Internship Interview

Interview

Met one of their representative at the career fair. Interviewing today, not sure what to expect. Hoping everything will go well. Met one of their representative at the career fair. Interviewing today, not sure what to expect. Hoping everything will go well.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Baton Rouge, LA) in October 2014.

Interview

Two interviews with two different employees. The second interview was dependent on the success of the first. First was a feeler interview testing my person ability, second was more in depth and job related.

Interview Questions

• What did and didn't you like about former jobs?   Answer Question
    • What's your biggest personal (not work related) accomplishment?   Answer Question
    • If hired who would be the first 5 people you would contact to enlist as clients?   Answer Question

I got a full time job offer with a different company.

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2014.

Interview

Apply online, HR reached out within a week to set up a phone interview. From there, little questions were asked and it was more of an awkward conversation. I have never had a phone interview like this. From there, they went into the details of position and gave the opportunity for the person being interviewed to ask questions. Within a week, a request/rejection letter was presented.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Seattle, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

3 part process that requires you to do 3 one on one interviews with one of the recruiters which entails a presentation with the final interview being with your potential mentor.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

I talked to one of the representative during the career fair and a couple of weeks later they ask me if I were still interested. It was a fast and easy process. First meeting was just an informational and 2nd was just one on one with one of the recruiters. I really like the interview process and they all make you feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• If one day you wake up and can take anyone job what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in JAX Beach, FL

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (JAX Beach, FL).

Interview

The first one qualifies you. The next one puts you on a list of 20 and from there everything is really based on you. I was given a packet to complete (interview people, etc). You really should complete this and show you tried.

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Troy, MI) in March 2012.

Interview

The first interview was to get to know me better, very basic questions just to see if I was a fit. After the interview I was asked to write a brief essay of my amazing future and then I got asked for a second interview!

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Boston, MA) in January 2010.

Interview

Basically, I applied through an online posting. The interview was pretty normal. I went down the office and the interviewee told me about the position and what entailed. She asked me about my resume and past history. Here is where they get you, they have you fill out forms about people who would be potentially want to buy health/life insurance through northwestern. After a few weeks of these take home assignments to find people who would be interested in buying their products, I was given an offer and declined. The position was completely commission based which is something i was not interested in.

Interview Questions

The postions was completely commission based.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newburgh, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Newburgh, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

The process is done in three interviews. The first is with the college internship coordinator. She asks you about your resume and what you think you could bring to the company. The 2nd interview is with regional director. He makes you give a presentation and asks you to fill out as many contact sheets as you can when you get home.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in January 2009.

Interview

The company had an initial one on one interview that involved going over my resume and asking questions about my past experiences. Basic interview, it included some material on what the company does and what would be involved with acceptance of the job. I had several interviews that tested my communication skills and also involved contacting people for surveys to analyze my market.