Northwestern Mutual Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2015
1,173 Interview Reviews

2.4

College Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

3 interviews, not too difficult. You have to also give a breakdown of your starting market that you will look to make clientele of yours. Ultimately, they just want to see that your hardworking and committed.

Interview Questions

• Why northwestern?
      What value will this internship have in your career

Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Very friendly people. Met recruiter at school career fair. Had 2 interviews, one was basically informational and telling me about the company. The second was some behavioral questions, as well as asking me to recommend some friends for the job and gave me a packet to fill regarding potential people for me to start my cold calling for. Got an offer for a 3rd interview, but had a better job lined up. Being outgoing is seriously enough to get hired here, don't buy that "top 10 internship" stuff. I only recommend this job as a last resort if your resume is lacking and you're desperate for some experience, but it's just sales.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Very casual interview process, standard phone interview than in-person interview. However they do not inform you that it is 100% commission on the first phone interview. After the phone interview you meet with the recruiter and then if you continue through that interview you meet with a financial advising agent.

Interview Questions

• They asked wether or not you would feel comfortable cold calling or asking family members to join your financial advising plan.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Very simple, but split into 3 portions. The group interview was the easiest, then I had to give a presentation on a topic of their choosing. Still waiting on the call back for the third round of the process.

Interview Questions

• Give a presentation to manager on the inters hi experiace   Answer Question

College Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Got referred by a friend and met the recruiter at the career fair. Very nice people and transparent throughout the whole process. First office interview was more geared toward NMFN and talking about what they had to offer and the next office interview we had to present a powerpoint to one of the reps.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

The initial interview was more of a pre-screening interview where I met with the recruiter and had a "get to know" conversation with him to see if I would be a good fit for their internship program. At the end of the interview there was "homework" where I had to come up with a list of 100 people (mostly family & friends) I could call on the first day of the internship.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you faced rejection and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Grand Forks, ND

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Grand Forks, ND).

Interview

Standard Interview process all financial reps go through. First interview includes personality survey results and questions about your experience. Then explanation of how the program works. Received notification the next day for second interview with site manager. Much more in depth with various scenarios, but mostly in depth explanation of how NWM operates.

Interview Questions

• How can you identify a network of your own to sell insurance products?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

The woman I interviewed with was very kind, she cared about what type of person I was and explained everything to the clearest extent. It felt like a genuine conversation, not an uptight interview. The interview was not more than an hour, and when you are just having a conversation with someone it goes by fast. Don't be afraid to ask questions, they will ask if you have any a lot throughout the entire interview--pay attention to everything they say!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

The first interview was basic background interview questions. After my first interview, I had to take a personality test. After the personality test was a more in depth interview, then a presentation to finish.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an altercation in the workplace.   Answer Question

Campus Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interviews with head management, interviews with co workers. They got to know me on a personal basis and asked me a lot about my background and what I knew about the company. Do a lot of company and position research and make sure you know your stuff!