Northwestern Mutual Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
1,080 Interview Reviews

2.4

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

It was a 1 on 1 phone interview. Met some reps at a college job fair and was contacted by HR within a week from my desired working location. The interview was very easy going and the interviewer allowed me to easily keep the conversation flowing. It was laid back and the tone was conversational rather than interrogational. We spoke mainly about my experiences with a former employee and what I learned from those experiences.

Interview Questions

• Former employer. More conversational interview than interrogating me with questions.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Interview was held over the phone, very standard questions, i.e. your background, experience, why would you like to join Northwestern Mutual. Interviewer was very laid back and just asked questions, none of which were challenging. Seemed more like a personality test than anything else. However, position seemed to be more of a sales/business development position than analysis.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

First interview was an informal information session where I was interviewed alone. They offered the second round interview if I completed 10 surveys and came in to present a powerpoint.

Interview Questions

• How would you benefit the internship program?   1 Answer

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Phone interview (took 1 hour), in person interview (took 45 Min), presentation (must be 5-7 minutes, given to a financial representative and a recruiter. Topic is a 4 question outline, provided by interviewers.)

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Three steps,
    1. Phone Interview
    2. In person group interview
    3. Rhino Project

Great Interview process

Very nice people and easy to communicate with

Felt like more of a conversation to get to know eachother rather than an interview

Very professional, especially at their office in Illinois

Overall, smooth interview process

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable asking people questions face to face?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

There were three interviews. The first as a standard interview. The second was with the internship manager. The third you have to give a presentation on the internship to the manager.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

First it was a 30min phone interview. Then I was offered to come to the office to speak with a director. At the end of the interview I was assigned a project to complete for them in a week. I then came back to the office with my project and I was told to expect a call from them in the next two days regardless of consideration. I was then called and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Why Northwestern Mutual?   Answer Question
    • What do you think you would have the most difficulty with during this internship?   Answer Question
    • What can I answer for you?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle being denied a sale on the phone?   Answer Question
    • What kind of skills do you think this internship will help you progress with?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (North Andover, MA).

Interview

I submitted a small profile to a recruiting site and was contacted in less than 24 hours. It seemed desperate to call back that soon. I was then asked to come down for a group interview in one of the offices where 6 of us were shown a PowerPoint and then given separate time with the recruiter for one on one time.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process is made up of 3 separate interviews/sessions. The first one is a group information session over a conference call watching a presentation on gotomeeting. Following up from that presentation you must do a separate application process of answering questions provided.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Manchester, NH) in April 2015.

Interview

First I had a phone interview due to not being able to make the date they originally wanted to do the interview. My second interview was at their manchester office. The woman I interviewed with was extremely nice and very insightful. She certainly got me excited to work for northwestern mutual.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you had a goal and you failed to reach it? Why didn't you reach your goal, and how did you respond?   Answer Question