Northwestern Mutual Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
1,049 Interview Reviews

2.4

Financial Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Very lengthy, 3 stage process to become a sales person. At stage 2 you will be required to create a Skype presentation. You are then expected to make a list of 200 people that you can contact at the 3rd stage of the interview and then interview 6 people; 2 friends, 2 referrals, and 2 strangers about their financial status.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

3 Separate interviews were needed during the process. First was very basic, second interview asked many of the same questions, some a little more in depth. Before you're third interview you are required to survey 10 family members or friends and present your findings.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

The interview process is professional. Beginning with an introduction presentation in a big meeting room. After presentation, all candidate filled out an question sheet with some questions about yourselves. Then, the recruiter gave out one general question for everyone to answer. People take turns to answer this question in front of each other in the room.

Financial Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Thorough. They conduct 4 interviews with various people around the company. You get a good idea of what it takes to succeed there as well as what they expect of you. Assessments are given throughout the process and they review these with you. You get the sense that they wouldn't bring you back for multiple interviews if they didn't think you were a good fit. That is confidence alone when they bring you on board.

Interview Questions
    • What is a major accomplishment that you were proud of, professional or personal, and why?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Skype interview which included the standard interview questions. Then there was an in person interview which followed the same style. Overall, fairly simple process. Offer was given within a week. I interned with them for 1 summer.

College Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Pretty easy. It mainly consisted of questions abut you and your background(high school, family, extracurricular, etc.). The interview then proceeds to standard interview questions( weaknesses, strengths, time when you were challenged, etc.).

Interview Questions
    • What are your greatest strengths and your greatest weaknesses?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

three round of interview, first round is just basic to get to know you
    second round is bring your marketing survey(ask people about your investment choice)
    I didnt get to the third round

Interview Questions
    • Give five names that you can think of to talk about insurance product   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Asked several questions about yourself, and what you know about the job and the company for first interview. Then, if you pass, you have another interview where they learn more about you.

Financial Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

After the application process a recruiter reached out to me for a 1-on-1 interview. Afterwards I was called back for a Skype Interview in which they briefly my responsibilities. Got a call back a week later with an offer. They were both very laid back interviews, friendly people that just wanted to get to know your personality.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you're a good fit for this position?   View Answer

Campus Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Pretty simple and asked average questions. Nothing that was't easily answered. But it took awhile for them to get back to me about the position. They were extremely nice, but they could have been better at following up with me.