Northwestern Mutual Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015
1,246 Interview Reviews

2.4

Intern Interview

Interview

On an office-visit 1-on-1 interview, the interviewer asked me briefly about what my backgrounds were. Interestingly, there were no questions directed/related to the tasks of job and my skills. It seemed like the interviewer was trying to find out if I am the right cultural fit for the company more than anything else.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me about yourself. What should I know about you?   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Long process, probably took a total of 2 months. Interview with a recruiter, then with CDO, then with Human Recources, then again with CDO. Had to compete a number of market surveys which were intended to give an idea of what the career is like as well as see if you can utilize your natural market.

College Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I met my recruiter at a career fair at school and after a series of phone calls and emails, I was awarded an on-site interview. Super positive interview and very passionate about finding students who were the right fit for Northwestern Mutal. A packet was given to me, and I was suppose to complete it to see if I liked the sample of work I would soon be doing in the internship.

Interview Questions

• What was a hardship that you have faced and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Newport Beach, CA).

Interview

-three step interview process -first was mainly getting to know you. if invited to second interview, you are assigned to take a personality test -second was with a mentor discussing results of the personality test and if it'll be a mutual fit. if goes well then they'll invite you to third interview -third was w/ head of interns offering the position

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

The overall experience was very relaxed. Started with a phone interview and an informal meeting giving information on what they do. There was then another more formal interview that was geared toward asking me questions. Interviewer was very approachable and made the process comfortable

Interview Questions

• Do you have a good network in the local area with business owners and members of the community?   Answer Question

Interested in an analyst position

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Applied online through University and got connected to the office closest to my home, which was a flight away. had a phone interview because of the distance of my school from home. Interview was positive and got the job, but there is a process of calling and interviewing people beforehand to see if the internship is right for you and then you discuss that process with your recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Call ten people and ask them these predetermined questions.   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and asked me to apply. The process took about 2 weeks. I interviewed with four different people, and each of the interviews was very conversational. All of the interviewers were extremely friendly, and open about the company. They wanted me to learn as much about them, as they wanted to learn about me.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New Orleans, LA) in August 2015.

Interview

You apply online, and you get a phone call from someone asking you to come in. Before you do your first interview, you are asked to fill out an online quiz that gauges your personality. This lets them see what kind of person you are and if you would be a good fit for the company. If everything goes well, they move you on to the next step of the interview. You'll complete another quiz, except it's much longer, and they will call you in for a second interview. This interview is more to get to know who you are as a person, and they want to hear about you and your life. Afterwards, the team leaders get together and discuss on whether or not they move you to the next step, and ultimately a job offer. The entire process takes about 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself personally, career wise, and financially in three years?   Answer Question
    • If you were to leave the room, and I had two of your friends come in. What would they tell me about you?   Answer Question
    • What have you done in recently to try to improve yourself?   Answer Question
    • What experience working in (insert volunteer work, extracurricular, etc here) has helped you work better at your current job?   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Denver, CO).

Interview

Very easy. Interviewed with Office Manager first, and then interviewed with Managing Director. The interview was not hard, mostly what I studied in school and how I could use my education and experience to grow the practice. They asked if I mind phoning (cold-calling) and also asked what books I was reading to further my own personal/professional growth.

Interview Questions

• How to you manage your work flow when several people are asking you to do things?   1 Answer