Northwestern Mutual Interview Questions

1,206 Interview Reviews

2.4

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Denver, CO).

Interview

Very easy. Interviewed with Office Manager first, and then interviewed with Managing Director. The interview was not hard, mostly what I studied in school and how I could use my education and experience to grow the practice. They asked if I mind phoning (cold-calling) and also asked what books I was reading to further my own personal/professional growth.

Interview Questions

• How to you manage your work flow when several people are asking you to do things?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

had a brief phone interview then went in for a face to face with the hiring manager then another one with an employee than a third with the office manage which I chose not to do

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was more like a conversation and they will see how match you are. Recruiters are really nice and they will help you with the whole interview process. It took about 30 mins for the interview and they will ask you if you have any questions for them.

College Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

3 interviews, not too difficult. You have to also give a breakdown of your starting market that you will look to make clientele of yours. Ultimately, they just want to see that your hardworking and committed.

Interview Questions

• Why northwestern? What value will this internship have in your career   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Very friendly people. Met recruiter at school career fair. Had 2 interviews, one was basically informational and telling me about the company. The second was some behavioral questions, as well as asking me to recommend some friends for the job and gave me a packet to fill regarding potential people for me to start my cold calling for. Got an offer for a 3rd interview, but had a better job lined up. Being outgoing is seriously enough to get hired here, don't buy that "top 10 internship" stuff. I only recommend this job as a last resort if your resume is lacking and you're desperate for some experience, but it's just sales.

Intern Interview

Interview

Very simple, but split into 3 portions. The group interview was the easiest, then I had to give a presentation on a topic of their choosing. Still waiting on the call back for the third round of the process.

Interview Questions

• Give a presentation to manager on the inters hi experiace   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Melville, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

The receptionist was very nice and guided me where to sit. Once I sat down I waited about 30 minutes to be seen by one of the recruiters. I researched a lot on the company and she really didn't seem like she had knowledge about the company. She kept jumping around from different topics and made it uncomfortable for me. I did not like the interview or anything she had to say about the company besides that they sponsor you for different tests.

Interview Questions

• She asked if I was married which I thought was inappropriate.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Very casual interview process, standard phone interview than in-person interview. However they do not inform you that it is 100% commission on the first phone interview. After the phone interview you meet with the recruiter and then if you continue through that interview you meet with a financial advising agent.

Interview Questions

• They asked wether or not you would feel comfortable cold calling or asking family members to join your financial advising plan.   Answer Question

College Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Got referred by a friend and met the recruiter at the career fair. Very nice people and transparent throughout the whole process. First office interview was more geared toward NMFN and talking about what they had to offer and the next office interview we had to present a powerpoint to one of the reps.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

The initial interview was more of a pre-screening interview where I met with the recruiter and had a "get to know" conversation with him to see if I would be a good fit for their internship program. At the end of the interview there was "homework" where I had to come up with a list of 100 people (mostly family & friends) I could call on the first day of the internship.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you faced rejection and how did you handle it   Answer Question