Northwestern Mutual Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015
1,252 Interview Reviews

2.4

Interview

Long and drawn out. Initially brought in for an interview for a commission sales rep position, but this wasn't what I was looking for. Interview with a number of other hiring managers over the course of several months. Eventually I received a formal offer.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to maintain an extremely high attention to detail while working at an extremely high rate of speed?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Shreveport, LA).

Interview

You meet with whoever does the recruiting and they interview you. There is a personality test that you have to take. They make you do market surveys and get a list of 200 people that you will initially call when you start. After that the managing director interviews you to see if you are a good fit for the office. It is a tough industry and they do not want to waste you time or theirs.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever prospected before and how do you feel about cold calling?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

On an office-visit 1-on-1 interview, the interviewer asked me briefly about what my backgrounds were. Interestingly, there were no questions directed/related to the tasks of job and my skills. It seemed like the interviewer was trying to find out if I am the right cultural fit for the company more than anything else.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me about yourself. What should I know about you?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Long process, probably took a total of 2 months. Interview with a recruiter, then with CDO, then with Human Recources, then again with CDO. Had to compete a number of market surveys which were intended to give an idea of what the career is like as well as see if you can utilize your natural market.

College Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I met my recruiter at a career fair at school and after a series of phone calls and emails, I was awarded an on-site interview. Super positive interview and very passionate about finding students who were the right fit for Northwestern Mutal. A packet was given to me, and I was suppose to complete it to see if I liked the sample of work I would soon be doing in the internship.

Interview Questions

• What was a hardship that you have faced and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Newport Beach, CA).

Interview

-three step interview process -first was mainly getting to know you. if invited to second interview, you are assigned to take a personality test -second was with a mentor discussing results of the personality test and if it'll be a mutual fit. if goes well then they'll invite you to third interview -third was w/ head of interns offering the position

Financial Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

The overall experience was very relaxed. Started with a phone interview and an informal meeting giving information on what they do. There was then another more formal interview that was geared toward asking me questions. Interviewer was very approachable and made the process comfortable

Interview Questions

• Do you have a good network in the local area with business owners and members of the community?   Answer Question

Interested in an analyst position

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Applied online through University and got connected to the office closest to my home, which was a flight away. had a phone interview because of the distance of my school from home. Interview was positive and got the job, but there is a process of calling and interviewing people beforehand to see if the internship is right for you and then you discuss that process with your recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Call ten people and ask them these predetermined questions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and asked me to apply. The process took about 2 weeks. I interviewed with four different people, and each of the interviews was very conversational. All of the interviewers were extremely friendly, and open about the company. They wanted me to learn as much about them, as they wanted to learn about me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.