Northwestern Mutual

Updated Oct 24, 2014
Updated Oct 24, 2014

2.4

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

It was a three phase interview. First was to get to know me and what I want to do in life along with a personality/character test which was reviewed in the second meeting. Also, in the second meeting, I was told to go out and get a mix of family and non-family's information to try and fill out the life/health insurace sheet, which again was reviewed in the third meeting where the offer was made.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Got the interview through a career fair at school. 20 minute talk at the booth and then was asked to come into office for an interview with hiring manager. Interview lasted about 40 minutes, very conversational and laid back. Basic questions about strengths/weaknesses, accomplishments, why us? etc.

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

1 phone interview, 2 in-person interviews following an assignment

Interview Questions
    Start dates are negotiable, training dates are not

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

I am in the midst of the interview process with Northwestern Mutual. They ask you to meet them, do they online psych test, background check, come back and talk to a Field Director, assign you project 100, come back and talk to an experienced Rep, talk to a Training Specialist where you review project 100, and give you a market survey project. Then you go back, review the market surveys, meet the managing partner, discuss compensation and benefits, and then, an offer may be presented after all is said and done. It is thorough, which is good, because I am SURE it does a great deal of weeding out before even attempting to get an interested candidate or a solid offer together. However, the market surveys are a bit much. They have you marketing to not only you friends and family when you do not even have a job, but they have you marketing to the referrals that were generated from your friends and family. Essentially, the expect people that do not know you, whom you haven't provided any service for, to give you their most trusted Rolodex names. I came across some difficulties with this - to say the least. And I do not blame people. I was wondering what other people came across - if people were willing to just pass along their personal information and the information of their friends and families. I certainly did not find this to be the case.

Interview Questions
    • What is a decision you made when you didn't have the appropriate or enough information?   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Phone Interview, then went to meet with HR. Very professional office and 1:1 interview. Staff was very nice and presented the way the company works and why. Basic interview questions. Have to then complete online assessments and meet with manager.

Was able to find something closer to home

Sales Interview

You will have to develop a list to cold call.

Wasnt what i wanted

Financial Representative Interview

I had to pass a three stage process. First I had to submit a resume and get cleared for two interviews the first interview was a simple interview where I met with an associate and they gathered simple background and evaluated my overall appearnce it only took about 15 min and then for the third interview I had to prepare a presentation about Northwestern Mutual and present it to management

Interview Questions
    • What can you add to Northwestern Mutual that someone else cannot   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Two hiring managers speak to you in an interview in a conference room on the main floor where anyone can observe you through since the room is glass. They will ask you the routine questions as "tell me about yourself", "what are you doing with yourself now", and "what is your ideal job like and does this job seem a good fit for you." They will almost always call you in for a second interview, its a sales position.

Interview Questions

I did not want to be a salesman, but more into finances.

Sales Associate Interview

really generic questions for the first round such as self introduction, resume walkthrough and other pretty easy stuff. After the interview you will receive a full package of northwestern company background and other useful information

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Applied through campus database-- telephone interview

Interview Questions
    • Why work in VA rather than a location closer to your college campus?   Answer Question