Northwestern Mutual Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015
1,203 Interview Reviews

2.4

College Financial Representative Interview

Interview

First it started with a phone interview, then an interview at their Denver office followed by a second in person interview. After the second interview you find out immediately if you got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't really a negotiation phase it was for an internship.

College Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, NJ

Interview

Applied for Olson Financial Group in Morristown, NJ. Very friendly on the phone, easy to talk to and love to hear about good communication skills (because the job is primarily cold-calling and expanding on established warm-markets such as friends and family). When I went in for the second and last interview, it took about 5 minutes for them to give me the job. I was a bit skeptical by how quickly they accepted me but they are legitimate and it is possible to make lots of money if you work ruthlessly and intensely to expand on your warm market.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unexpected, which made me skeptical.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Commission and fixed weekly stipend, negotiating was not an option.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Applied through campus database-- telephone interview

Interview Questions

• Why work in VA rather than a location closer to your college campus?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Very laid back, had a phone interview, an in office interview then some survey questions. Had to call former interns and then had final in office interview

Intern Interview

Interview

the interview was rather informal and more like a conversation, the internship however is more of a sales position where they have you on the phone calling people most of the time. they expect you to use your extended family and their network to be successful in the internship.

Intern Interview

Interview

The interview process was straightforward and the interviewer was very nice and laid back.

Intern Interview

Interview

One interview- 30 minutes at local office

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   1 Answer

Seemed like they were trying to hard to give out jobs. Looking for numbers of interns not quality because they only pay based on commission.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

1 phone interview, 2 in-person interviews following an assignment

Interview Questions

• Questions about leadership   1 Answer

Negotiation

Start dates are negotiable, training dates are not

Sales Interview

Interview

You will have to develop a list to cold call.

Wasnt what i wanted

Insurance Agent Interview

Interview

Something about yourself. Details on the resume. The whole process was pretty comfortable. The really hard part is the interviewer would give you a form and fill in contact information of 10 people into it. I think it's pretty fair . Anyway, they are recruiting sales person and I think get to know how to contact people, whether familiar or not is the first step. The recruiter who interviewed me was a really nice lady. But for some reason, I give up the chance of second round interview.

Interview Questions

• Find 10 person's contact information and give them to a insurance firm.   Answer Question