Northwestern Mutual

Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative
Long Island City, NY

I applied online and interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview Details – To many interviews, a lot of paper to tell you who they are and what they do, each interview gives you a closer look at how the succesful candidate has been able to be successful, basically reiterating the importance of having an established potential client base. so if you are not popular, don't have a bunch of friends and family, didn't grow up in or haven't lived in your community for many years, or simply if you're known around town as the one succesful person from a family of trailer trash, there is no need in taking the job because you can't help them grow.

Interview Question – how would I prospect for business   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Financial Representative
Tucson, AZ

I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in February 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process is purely an assessment of your personality and a list of your network. If they see you are connected to wealthy people they will promise you an unlimited income based on how hard you work to bring you on board.

Interview Question – What does persuasion mean to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I recieved a $4,000 singing bonus

Woodland Hills, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in June 2014.

Interview Details – It's a three step process. There is an initial interview, an interview with your potential mentor, and a final interview discussing your compensation and benefits at Northwestern Mutual. Between each interview, there is an assignment to complete which is reviewed during the meeting. Each interview typically lasts between 1- 2 hours and they are all 1:1.

Interview Question – They typically ask behavioral based questions. Overall, great interview experience.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Bad timing.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Financial Representative Interview

Financial Representative
Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in May 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process had 3 interviews with an assessment. First interview went in a lot of detail on the position, which I really liked. Second interview was even more in depth, third interview went over benefits and compensation. I had a very clear picture of the position before accepting.

Interview Question – What is something you need to improve on?   Answer Question

Financial Representative Intern Interview

Financial Representative Intern
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in December 2013.

Interview Details – Very long process that involved not one, but five separate interviews. Hard to schedule around. Generally the interviews were easy, but required an extensive preparation process as you needed to fill out a "recruitment questionnaire" to discover your lead generation prospects.

Interview Question – Generally straight forward...no technical questions. Mostly lead referral questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Poor ethics for the company.

Financial Representative Intern Interview

Financial Representative Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview Details – Phone communication to set up interviews. After being told I would get a third and final interview, they stopped contacting me, and then after I contacted them about it said they would reach back to me. They did not.

Interview Question – Asked about how close my family was   Answer Question

Troy, MI

I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in March 2014.

Interview Details – I reached out to Northwestern at my college career fair. It took them a month to contact me, and then I interviewed in my home city. They ask potential prospects to take a sales personality test and to compile a list of potential contacts. Personally, I was not comfortable in Northwestern, and I rejected an offer from them.

Interview Question – They asked me to interpret my personality test results and explain to them how I felt about the results.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Internship
Fort Worth, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in March 2014.

Interview Details – I talked to one of the representative during the career fair and a couple of weeks later they ask me if I were still interested. It was a fast and easy process. First meeting was just an informational and 2nd was just one on one with one of the recruiters. I really like the interview process and they all make you feel very comfortable.

Interview Question – If one day you wake up and can take anyone job what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Intern Interview

Intern
Wilmington, DE

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview Details – Three interviews. All very easy and laid back. Was basically offered the position immediately. This is a good experience for kids who don't need the money to work. They really want you to succeed because if you do they make lots of money. They have flawed methods of trying to build networks. Just using friends and family is not the way to go.

Reason for Declining – All commission. Not very good experience unless you want to sell life insurance which by itself isn't that lucrative.

Murfreesboro, TN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in May 2014.

Interview Details – Very laid back. Interview was to test your knowledge but more importantly to test your personal skills. After getting offered was harder than the interview. You then have to take tests, fill out tons of paperwork, and do a lot of online nonsense. However, it is worth it in the end.

Interview Question – How do you feel about striking out 95% of the time?   Answer Question