Northwestern Mutual Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015
1,170 Interview Reviews

2.4

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

4 interviews about 1 hour each with 4 different people. Last interview was with the managing partner. Gave a decent job description and explained duties. interviewers asked many questions on past working experience and how comfortable one is networking and speaking to people.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Extremely productive and informational. Very inviting and focused on the individual with the HR staff being very friendly and professional. I am a current client so the atmosphere was familiar as I have been there for consulting beforehand. The office is very nice, conservatively styled and has the feeling of a well established financial firm as it is.

Interview Questions

• What aspects of your current job do you enjoy? what aspects would you like to change?   Answer Question

I did not decline, we are still working on it.

Financial Representative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Tampa, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Easy to talk with the interviewer. Friendly group of people. Just be yourself and you will do great! Be ready to explain what you did at previous jobs and what you did/did not like about those jobs.

Interview Questions

• Explanation of what you liked and did not like at your previous jobs.   1 Answer

Associate Wealth Management Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, asked to have a personality test to compliment the skills of the FA. This was followed by a 1 on 1 interview, the entire process took about a week.

Interview Questions

• general questions, why you want to work here, strengths   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Sacramento, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I sent in my resume on their website over the weekend, and got a phone call the following Monday afternoon. The interviewer was friendly and it seemed like we had a good rapport. Now I am waiting for a call back.

Wealth Management Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a brief phone interview which lasted around 15 - 20 minutes. However, do not apply for North Western Mutual, since all they ask you to do is to give phone calls to other people and attend the meeting to writing down notes. That's literally all.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self and some general questions regarding if I can do sales   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Princeton Meadows, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Princeton Meadows, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

Quick and easy process. Applied through college fair. They go int touch with me within 2 weeks or so. Seemed like a very good opportunity, but it just wasn't right for me personally.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Laid back and easy but they had nothing of value to offer. There was no base salary, only commission. Even if people are okay with that they would have to undergo quite a bit of training before being deemed ready to even earn the commission. They wanted me to take computer tests before even training for financial licenses. They wanted me to get my series 63 and well as other financial licenses so that I could try to sell financial services to my family and friends. They don't make people do cold calls which is great but I don't want to take any 'job' that requires me to constantly pester my friends and family by trying to sell them financial services. I have a hard time calling anything a job that's commission only. I take jobs that definitely handle expenses not jobs that have the potential to pay something maybe at some point in the future possibly. This company has an office in a gorgeous building in an incredibly pricey part of New York City. They can easily afford to offer a base salary to every single employee.

Interview Questions

• They wanted referrals of other people that I thought would be a good fit.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Fayetteville, AR) in May 2015.

Interview

I actually didn't apply and they called me. They made me do two interviews. The first was with the hiring manager and then the second one was with field director. After that, I had to get 50 referrals and bring them to Tulsa, OK to be interviewed by the managing partner at HQ. When I arrived back from Tulsa, then they allowed me to sign a contract that would extend until after a 3-week sales school, licensing class and test for insurance, and getting "10 lives".

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself.   1 Answer
    • What's the most courageous thing you've ever done?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Well, it's commission based only. They do give you a little amount of money after sales school and it was easy to negotiate with the managing partner in Tulsa, but the field directors in Fayetteville did not hold up this agreement.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Franklin, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

The overall interview process was expected for a company of this magnitude in the area. It was great being able to get more insight. That was pretty much it.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work for NWM?   1 Answer