Northwestern Mutual Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015
1,246 Interview Reviews

2.4

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

The woman I interviewed with was very kind, she cared about what type of person I was and explained everything to the clearest extent. It felt like a genuine conversation, not an uptight interview. The interview was not more than an hour, and when you are just having a conversation with someone it goes by fast. Don't be afraid to ask questions, they will ask if you have any a lot throughout the entire interview--pay attention to everything they say!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

The first interview was basic background interview questions. After my first interview, I had to take a personality test. After the personality test was a more in depth interview, then a presentation to finish.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an altercation in the workplace.   Answer Question

Campus Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interviews with head management, interviews with co workers. They got to know me on a personal basis and asked me a lot about my background and what I knew about the company. Do a lot of company and position research and make sure you know your stuff!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Stamford, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

You will be going through 3 interviews before you can get hired. It sounds intimidating but it's really not. The interviews are easy and it seems like they are selling you the job and not really you selling yourself to the interviewer. If you look decent and you seem like a decent guy you'll probably get hired

Interview Questions

• Have you considered opening up your own business?   1 Answer
    • What is something you over came   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was easy and basically personality test to get them to know you better. But it seems like they want your contact/ network more than your skills. I think if you have limited prospect network that they think wont be able to add to the company clients then it might be hard to get an offer. I just dont think calling my friends and families for me to get the job is a good way to start.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

first interview with the recruiter and in-depth with the management partner to learn more about the job duty. The third interview is about the pay and you will be notify about getting the offer at the end.

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Melville, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied through my school career website, and I was quickly contacted and informed that there is an opening for Financial Representative position. The interviewer was really nice and friendly, and wanted to work with me and determine my strengths. Although it is a commission based job, they do provide training and personal coaches and mentors, and they are nationally ranked at 11th for their training process I believe.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about a difficult situation I faced in a professional situation and how I overcame that.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Fort Worth, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I met with a recruiter who was extremely informative and walked me through the hiring process. He was very professional and courteous. He explained to me about the history of the company, the hiring process, training, mentoring, coaching, technology, income, and the overall career path. He answered all my questions, was polite, and overall extremely intelligent. He followed up and explained to me what I needed to do to get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The director of Campus recruitment interviewed me. She was extremely friendly and wanted to get to know me. She went over what the job entails. After the interview I had to do an assessment and now have to do another interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The other comments are on point. They is strictly a sales jobs based on commission with chance of stipend(must attend sessions to receive them). Interviewer was friendly but, talked mostly about the company and how great it was while asked basic questions determining your personality and your network of friends and family. Interviewer seem uncomfortable when I asked about stipend and when i answered What do I know about Northwestern Mutual?-Don't get too technical with the numbers or make it known that you know its a sales job

Interview Questions

No future unless you can get 20 people to buy insurance.