Northwestern Mutual Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
1,050 Interview Reviews

2.4

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Submitted my application through referral. Quick turn around time and was scheduled for interview within one to two weeks. Very streamlined process.

One on one with a recruiter of that firm, extremely friendly and made you feel comfortable. Spoke a lot about the role and day to day activities. Followed by a walk through of my resume and then ended with a tour of their office.

Everyone in the firms seemed extremely friendly. Great culture vibe.

Interview Questions
    • Asked you to speak more in depth about your resume a lot.
      Asked why I would be a good fit for a position like this.
      Typical interview questions.

View Answer

College Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

I applied online – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

applied online herd back a few Weeks later. Got and interview and accepted the internship. Easy process because of high turnover and no one stays there I saw 4 ppl come and go durring my 3 month internship

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Asked me what are my ultimate goals in life, what were my acheivements, how did I learn from my previous mistakes in life, describing myself and my personality. All the questions where quite general and the interview was a good chunk of time, like 45 minutes but that was the first round and it was on the phone. Further interviews were in person and assigned us projects of who to call & your networks.

Interview Questions
    • See above, general interview questions, not really lots of surprises i'd say.   Answer Question

better off somewhere else.

Financial Representarive Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Applied online through a school website. One phone interview to filter out the candidates, very simple questions I did no prep. Second interview could be schedule in an office but since I was away at school it was another phone interview. Less than a week after that interview I got a response from them.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Mine was three rounds and met with different branches. Not too difficult but they disguised the fact you're job is simply to sell life insurance to friends and family. The first round was behavioral and the second more just telling you what you'd be doing if you take the job.

College Financial Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

There are 3 stages of the interview process. First stage was just to get to know you. Second stage was to talk to an actual financial representative and learn about what he/she does. And the final stage was to get 50 referrals.

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Initial interview, online personality profile, and an in-depth interview are just a few of the many steps involved in the hiring process. I was given an appointment for an "initial interview" by a recruiter at a job fair. She essentially made her pitch to sell me on the job and the company. She asked me some questions about myself, basically to gauge if I was good fit for the job, and if I should continue to the next step in the process. To get the next step you have to fill out 2 online surveys, which they send you the link to complete from home. One is a personality profile and one is a culture index. Then you get scheduled for an "in-depth" interview with the branch manager. I was sent the links and given an appointment for my in-depth interview, but decided no base salary was a deal breaker so I cancelled the next interview. She made a good pitch, the company and their products sound wonderful, but I just couldn't swallow not have a secure income since I have a family to think about.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have a large network of family and friends living in (insert your city here)? Would you feel comfortable asking them to purchase our products and also ask them for 2 or 3 referrals? If you could change one thing about your current job, what would it be?   Answer Question

Sales Internshipp Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

I applied through college on the university website. I received an email the next day asking for a phone interview. The interviewer was very friendly and asked basic questions about my resume.

Financial Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

They came to a job fair at my college, where they gave general information about the company. Then I was later contacted by a recruiter to come to an interview, I had the interview, which went on for about an hour + . Then I was told that I would be sent an online survey to complete

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see your self in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • If there was a snow storm and a client wanted to meet, what would you do and why?   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

invited me in for an information session and explained the company and what it was about. To me it seemed like a scam exploiting my friends and family try to sell insurance to them. Didn't bother compiling a list and looked for an internship somewhere else

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really any questions, just an info session   View Answer