Northwestern Mutual Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015
1,246 Interview Reviews

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied through university career site. Then, I received a phone call to schedule a phone interview. The difficulty of the interview was average. Questions asked were more like personality tests, which could be found by googling top 10 interview questions. After several questions, the recruiter began to introduce the company and the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Sent in Resume, was contacted for a phone interview. After that was asked to fill out a personality survey, then went in for four more interview in person with recruiter, two financial representative and then the managing partner. On the second interview they ask you to fill out ten market surveys and get 50 referrals. Very easy task, but allows you to see what kind of work you will really be doing.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 3 stages. The first two stages were conducted as phone interviews as I was still attending university. They were fairly easy going, it was more of a conversation rather than an interview to understand my current situation, past experiences and any accommodations I would need during the interview process. They were very helpful and understanding.

Associate Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

easy, was just a lot of the things you learn when you get your certificate, but the manager was extremely educated and a really good guy. seemed like a lot were turned down to get the position.

Interview Questions

• can you sell insurance without a license ?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Morristown, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview of 30 minutes. First 10 spent with the interviewer telling about company and her position in the company. Other 20 were spent with me answering the question "Tell me about yourself."

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The first part of the interview process was unique in that it as a review of resume together with the owner over the phone. The second part of the interview process was an actual telephone interview of about 45 minutes duration. The third part of the interview process was a formal, in-person interview. The fourth part of the interview process for the #1 candidate would have been a Skype interview with one of the executives from out-of-state. I was #2.

Interview Questions

• Name weakness and strength.   1 Answer

Financial Representative Interview

Interview

Interviewing Process was actually very good. They make a big deal about it but I'm pretty sure they'll take anyone if only to get introduced to the people they know and sell them stuff.

Post-grad Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

The interview process was quite extensive, although it is understandable considering the potential risk that could result from NW Mutual investing greatly in individuals fresh out of college. Prepare to do a lot of work before actually securing the position.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Basic interview questions (strengths/weaknesses/why should we hire you/how did you overcome a challenge, etc). If you google "top 10 interview questions" you should be sufficiently prepared. They spent more time talking to me about their company than actually interviewing me. Overall it was a very informal process and nothing to stress about.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

I was out of the city I was interning for in the Summer, so my interviews were mostly skype. I was first brought into my local office and we just discussed Northwestern Mutual. Next I had a skype interview and after that another skyper interview with a presentation. At this point I decided the job was not right for me and I withdrew myself from the process.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness? What do you think this internship will be like?   Answer Question