Northwestern Mutual

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Investment Advisor Interview

Glastonbury, CT

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in October 2009.

Interview Details – Met the recruiter at a job fair, 2 days later was contacted to set up an interview. The interview was open and real...feel like they know exactly what they are looking for and when they find it they essentially are their to confirm their feelings and see how you react as they begin to sell the company, structure and culture. This is obviously all my experience and opinion. It's an easy interview if you are as open as they are and are a good fit for what they are looking for...some companies seem to still put you through some hoops even when they know they want you.

Interview Question – The questions were directly related to work experience, realistic about what you expect from working in the field, etc   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Investment Advisor Interview

Investment Advisor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in January 2010.

Interview Details – Very thorough in interviewing process. Before the first interview I did a personality test. Then I met with the managing director. After that interview I did another test specifically designed for ability in financial industry. I had another interview with associates. Then if I wanted to continue I needed to do market surveys with friends, relatives, and those who were referred by friends / relatives.

Interview Question – How do you handle rejection?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Though the investment advisor offers both insurance and investment options, they have a very insurance (risk) based core. Also you start with friends and family in building your book. Also your book is owned NML and not yours.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Northwestern Mutual

Worked for Northwestern Mutual? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northwestern Mutual Investment Advisor interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Northwestern Mutual employees and interview candidates.