Northwestern Mutual Investment Advisor Interview Questions & Reviews

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Investment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Glastonbury, CT
Anonymous Employee in Glastonbury, CT

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in October 2009.

Met the recruiter at a job fair, 2 days later was contacted to set up an interview. The interview was open and real...feel like they know exactly what they are looking for and when they find it they essentially are their to confirm their feelings and see how you react as they begin to sell the company, structure and culture. This is obviously all my experience and opinion. It's an easy interview if you are as open as they are and are a good fit for what they are looking for...some companies seem to still put you through some hoops even when they know they want you.

Interview Questions
  • The questions were directly related to work experience, realistic about what you expect from working in the field, etc   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Investment Advisor Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in January 2010.

Very thorough in interviewing process. Before the first interview I did a personality test. Then I met with the managing director. After that interview I did another test specifically designed for ability in financial industry. I had another interview with associates. Then if I wanted to continue I needed to do market surveys with friends, relatives, and those who were referred by friends / relatives.

Interview Questions

Though the investment advisor offers both insurance and investment options, they have a very insurance (risk) based core. Also you start with friends and family in building your book. Also your book is owned NML and not yours.

Worked for Northwestern Mutual? Contribute to the Community!