Northwestern Mutual

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Investment Operations Interview

Investment Operations

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in January 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty laid back. I had already been an intern so I was already contracted and had gone through a similar process. It was interesting because I was essentially being hired to take on two jobs, so I met with two people. The discussion was about what I know and what my qualifications are and things I would like to get out of the position.

Interview Question – The most difficult part of the interview is proving to the interviewer that you are the most qualified for the position. Having a Producers license is a must or if you don't have all of the certifications, ensure that you will work towards them in a timely fashion.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much negotiation. It was the first job offer out of all the interviews in a company I was already apart of. I was offered a decent yearly salary, with free health insurance, a cheap dental plan, and they'd match on a SIMPLE IRA. As soon as I got my investment licenses, I'd get an increase in pay. There are also annual reviews with potential pay raises. It's not a bad deal for someone just out of college.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Investment Operations Interview

Investment Operations

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in December 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted a recruiter regarding any open positions. Was contacted 1 1/2 months later, after chatting with a manager for a few minutes on the phone I was asked to come in for an interview. The interview went really well, very relaxed, asked a to tell a bit about myself. The interview was very back and forth. Was more like a conversation. Was asked to take assessment and come back for second interview. I took the assessment and scored well, second interview went well. Was called back and told that there was another candidate who was a bit more qualified for the position. Great company, would love the opportunity to work for them if something else came about.

Interview Question – No unexpected or difficult questions   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Northwestern Mutual

Worked for Northwestern Mutual? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northwestern Mutual Investment Operations interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Northwestern Mutual employees and interview candidates.