Northwestern Mutual Investment Operations Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied through my college's website, was contacted by a member of HR and called in for an interview that lasted about 30 minutes. Heard the next week and was offered the position

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Investment Operations Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in January 2013.

Interview

The interview process was pretty laid back. I had already been an intern so I was already contracted and had gone through a similar process. It was interesting because I was essentially being hired to take on two jobs, so I met with two people. The discussion was about what I know and what my qualifications are and things I would like to get out of the position.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part of the interview is proving to the interviewer that you are the most qualified for the position. Having a Producers license is a must or if you don't have all of the certifications, ensure that you will work towards them in a timely fashion.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation. It was the first job offer out of all the interviews in a company I was already apart of. I was offered a decent yearly salary, with free health insurance, a cheap dental plan, and they'd match on a SIMPLE IRA. As soon as I got my investment licenses, I'd get an increase in pay. There are also annual reviews with potential pay raises. It's not a bad deal for someone just out of college.

Investment Operations Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in December 2012.

Interview

Contacted a recruiter regarding any open positions. Was contacted 1 1/2 months later, after chatting with a manager for a few minutes on the phone I was asked to come in for an interview. The interview went really well, very relaxed, asked a to tell a bit about myself. The interview was very back and forth. Was more like a conversation. Was asked to take assessment and come back for second interview. I took the assessment and scored well, second interview went well. Was called back and told that there was another candidate who was a bit more qualified for the position. Great company, would love the opportunity to work for them if something else came about.