Northwestern Mutual

Northwestern Mutual Investment Operations Interview Questions

2.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Investment Operations Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in January 2013.

The interview process was pretty laid back. I had already been an intern so I was already contracted and had gone through a similar process. It was interesting because I was essentially being hired to take on two jobs, so I met with two people. The discussion was about what I know and what my qualifications are and things I would like to get out of the position.

Interview Questions
  • The most difficult part of the interview is proving to the interviewer that you are the most qualified for the position. Having a Producers license is a must or if you don't have all of the certifications, ensure that you will work towards them in a timely fashion.   View Answer
There wasn't much negotiation. It was the first job offer out of all the interviews in a company I was already apart of. I was offered a decent yearly salary, with free health insurance, a cheap dental plan, and they'd match on a SIMPLE IRA. As soon as I got my investment licenses, I'd get an increase in pay. There are also annual reviews with potential pay raises. It's not a bad deal for someone just out of college.

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Investment Operations Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in December 2012.

Contacted a recruiter regarding any open positions. Was contacted 1 1/2 months later, after chatting with a manager for a few minutes on the phone I was asked to come in for an interview. The interview went really well, very relaxed, asked a to tell a bit about myself. The interview was very back and forth. Was more like a conversation. Was asked to take assessment and come back for second interview. I took the assessment and scored well, second interview went well. Was called back and told that there was another candidate who was a bit more qualified for the position. Great company, would love the opportunity to work for them if something else came about.

Interview Questions