Northwestern Mutual

Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative
Long Island City, NY

I applied online and interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview Details – To many interviews, a lot of paper to tell you who they are and what they do, each interview gives you a closer look at how the succesful candidate has been able to be successful, basically reiterating the importance of having an established potential client base. so if you are not popular, don't have a bunch of friends and family, didn't grow up in or haven't lived in your community for many years, or simply if you're known around town as the one succesful person from a family of trailer trash, there is no need in taking the job because you can't help them grow.

Interview Question – how would I prospect for business   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview Details – On-boarding and interview process took 4 months. First a recruiter called and did a phone interview, then they asked me to come in to the office and meet with them. By the time I received an offer, 4 months had passed and I met with 6 different people.

Interview Question – How many people do you know that make $250,000 or more?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation possible, this was a 100% commission based job. The compensation, benefits and expectations were previously set and not negotiable.

Wall, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in April 2013.

Interview Details – Originally called in for a one-on-one interview with a recruiter from the company. Had an interview with the recruiter and was offered a second interview two weeks later. I was given an assignment to complete to bring back with me for the second interview. Met with the college director for my second interview and the managing director. I was offered a position after my second interview.

Interview Question – The assignment that I was given from my first interview was to call 5 people that I know and to tell them that I am interested in possibly entering the financial services industry and tell them a little about what the job entails. After, I was told to try and obtain 10 referrals from each of those 5 people I had originally contacted.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in March 2014.

Interview Details – First Phone Screening went great and called in for an in person interview the next day. Very pleasant and enthusiastic interviewer. Made me feel very comfortable

Interview Question – Name one of your challenges working in a group in the past   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative
Morristown, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview Details – I met a recruiter through a college networking event. The whole process took about two weeks and consisted of two in-person rounds of interviews. Interview was very straight forward and consisted of very basic questions. I was also told to take a small little survey to assess my personality. It was not going to make / break my chances but it gave them an opportunity to see how I think.

Interview Question – How do you feel about rejection?   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

Insurance Agent
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in February 2012.

Interview Details – Fill out questionaire and discuss answers. There is a 2nd process but I decided not to do it. You have to study for a test, probably to obtain the license but didn't have time to study. Lady was real nice, wasn't intimidating, she real real friendly, offered me coffee and water.

Interview Question – Give an example of leadership.   Answer Question

College Financial Representative Interview

College Financial Representative
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in December 2013.

Interview Details – Initial meet at College Career Fair. Called in for a second meeting to discuss my potential, the company and the actual job. Handed a market survey to personally determine if it were the right job for me. (A mock trial of the actual job) After 2 weeks, called in for a third meeting and boardroom presentation of the market survey. Acceptance determined at this point.

Interview Question – How can I help to keep you on top of your game? (Always willing and trying to help you succeed)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They work around your class schedule and promote that classes come first. Never have to work during midterms and finals.

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in November 2010.

Interview Details – Few interviews to go on. Need to take some assessments before you come in for a second interview. Looking for someone energetic with a strong networking background and affiliated with local groups. Looking for someone clean cut and polished. They prefer you to be referred into the company.

Interview Question – Do you feel comfortable using your own resources for referrals?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You picked a number based on your experience and they'd either match it or adjust accordingly.

Very Easy Interview

Researcher Interview

Researcher
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in January 2014.

Interview Details – I went in for the interview and was greeted by a lady. She tried to interest me in the financial analyst internship and described the researcher position as "boring."

Interview Question – No questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I read bad reviews about the internship

College Financial Representative Interview

College Financial Representative
New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in November 2012.

Interview Details – Received a phone call that they wanted to interview. First interview was laid back and you talked about yourself. You were then given homework to get 100 names and basic information about them. Second interview was more about the job and expectations, and you were given more homework where you had to get more detailed information about people and give people surveys. The third interview was to go over everything and I was told the next day that I had the job.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Just asked basic information about yourself and people you know, and they tell you how to make the job better for yourself based on your traits and the people that you know.   Answer Question

Worked for Northwestern Mutual? Contribute to the Community!