Northwestern Mutual Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated Apr 28, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

A woman came to meet me on campus of my university and gave me a very casual interview and described the roll or a recruiting intern. She asked me very simple questions, like what challenges have you faced? Do you like to work in teams? It was very casual and at a coffee shop on campus. She told me to take a personality quiz after, which I did. She said she would get back to me in a few days, almost two weeks later I emailed her, and she said she would give me a call the next day. The next day at 6 she called me to offer me the position. Very easy process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

I was contacted by this company with them stating that the college I went to, the interviewer was nice and knowledgeable, but it was for a new position and they didn't really know what I would be doing. Kind of a turn off.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

I sent in my resume and followed up to set an initial meeting with the head recruiter. There was a total of 2 interviews (one with the recruiter and one with the director of operations) and an offer over the phone.

Interview Questions

• They went a little too in-depth when asking questions about my personal life.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (San Diego, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

The team did an excellent job getting to know me on a personal level. The interview was not at all transactional, they really illustrated a high level of customer service and genuinity. I really enjoyed the culture of the team, which in turn, gave me further reason to continue the interview process. They are not trying to fit a square peg in a round hole, if the position seems like a good fit for both parties, they will move forward accordingly

Interview Questions

• Questions about my family. It was nothing intrusive, but they seemed like they wanted to get to know more about me anbd my family. It helped put down my barriers, and open up to them. It was difficult, but i appreciated it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I had 3 interviews each lasting 30-40 minutes. The questions were pretty straight forward about my skills, previous experience, how I handled certain business situations. Everything was going really well until the last interview. The interviewer asked me highly inappropriate questions and it made me realize I did not want to work for this organization.

Interview Questions

• 1. How old are you?
      2. Are you married?
      3. Do you want to have kids?
      4. Do you plan to work full-time after having kids?

Answer Question

I had a bad gut feeling after being asked personal questions that have nothing to do with my skills or performance.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Very laid back interview with management-asked me more about my life and views on life. Went on to meet with other managers who were similiar in their interview style.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a difficult challenge in your life and how you came to a conclusion about the decision.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little negotiation as salary was discussed upfront. Negotiated bonus slightly.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual in April 2013.

Interview

They worked really hard to get the multi-stage interviews done in a timely manner. During the interview process each representative that I met with was very professional and personable as well.
    The offer process seemed very rushed and not very flexible.

Interview Questions

commission/compensation was at a good level, but salary base was low

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (San Francisco, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

Applied online. Went through a phone screen a few days later. Scheduled an interview two days later. I prepared very intensely for the interview. Studied all aspects of the company, took their sales test, prepared recruiting strategies and prepared for anticipated questions. Both the phone screen and one-on-one interview were with the head recruiter. A couple of candidates moved on to a second round. Prepping is a must for an interview! I've never prepped so much for one. Bring your A++ game. They prefer experience in recruiting for commission-only jobs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

Few interviews to go on. Need to take some assessments before you come in for a second interview. Looking for someone energetic with a strong networking background and affiliated with local groups. Looking for someone clean cut and polished. They prefer you to be referred into the company.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable using your own resources for referrals?   Answer Question

Negotiation

You picked a number based on your experience and they'd either match it or adjust accordingly.